Game Day 2020 - the F*** Right Off Grand Final from the F*** Write-Off Year

Remove this Banner Ad

10 years and 6 flags between two clubs, just shows you how amazing our flag was. I cant see another struggling Victorian club or a non powerhouse interstate club getting near a flag in the next 10 years if things dont change
Greg Pickaver said yesterday it’s between just 4 teams these days (didn’t name them but not hard to work out most of them). He mentioned the Bulldogs as a notable exception (like everything in 2016).

We’re not as close to equalisation as we thought.

Absolute freak.
That old Geelong side is in for another rebuild.

They still won't address their issues with the same players that fail them every finals series.

Apr 22, 2004
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Just wondering whether Caleb Daniel is still the only player to have received a premiership medallion from somebody taller than himself.

Has any medallion-giving kid gone on to play AFL senior footy yet? Will be a great story when one of them is on the other end of the medallion ritual.

fred cook

Premiership Player
Jan 14, 2005
brunswick
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
nnn
That's what we have to knock off their perch.

We can

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The statisics
Greg Pickaver said yesterday it’s between just 4 teams these days (didn’t name them but not hard to work out most of them). He mentioned the Bulldogs as a notable exception (like everything in 2016).

We’re not as close to equalisation as we thought.

Greig Pickhaver ( Roy and Hg ) said the same thing above and we are miles and miles away from equalisation I am so glad we won it 2016 we where a great team but everything went right for us in those 4 weeks I cant see another club like the Saints North or Deees getting those things right for a very very long time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bulldogs85

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
NBA- Houston Rockets
Gary Rohan will go down as one of the shittest Grand finals player of all time

TMoney22

Premiership Player
Sep 15, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Utah Jazz, San Jose Sharks
Dusty is just so damaging with nearly every possession. If you go by the stats sheet you’re looking in the wrong place.
Absolutely. That is defined as elite. And as much as we love players like Macrae, hunter and Dunkley who can rack up 40 with ease, they will never be classed as elite in my mind. Martin is totally next level

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Gee we got the absolute best out of Dahlhaus

He was abysmal.

Danger was anonymous, but your bottom six needs to be better than the other bottom six and Dahl, Rohan, Kolodjashnij, O’Connor, Bews, Henderson and Rohan were way too short of Richmond’s bottom six.

I’m aware I listed Rohan twice. Doesn’t he deserve it? Surely the Leon Davis medal is actually the Rohan medal?!

In other news, Dusty was by far the NS medallist. 4 and 20 is surely enough anyway, but when the game was slipping away from them he stood up like he always does and snagged an amazing goal. Anyone who thinks it’s because of a narrative is plain wrong.

Jun 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
San Antonio, West Ham, Renegades
Really, really happy Geelong didn’t win. Can’t stand them. Hate their coach, hate their players, hate their fans.

Hope this is the last Richmond flag we see in a while but.

At least the annual Dusty is better than Dangerfield argument I keep getting sucked into is unloseable now.

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Nothing but respect for the tigers

I truly think we could have done what they did if our coach didn’t think he knew better than everyone else but that’s footy
I think our time will come. People here talking about equalisation not working...teams nearly always win premierships in pairs or groups, thats how it goes.

He was abysmal.

Danger was anonymous, but your bottom six needs to be better than the other bottom six and Dahl, Rohan, Kolodjashnij, O’Connor, Bews, Henderson and Rohan were way too short of Richmond’s bottom six.

I’m aware I listed Rohan twice. Doesn’t he deserve it? Surely the Leon Davis medal is actually the Rohan medal?!

In other news, Dusty was by far the NS medallist. 4 and 20 is surely enough anyway, but when the game was slipping away from them he stood up like he always does and snagged an amazing goal. Anyone who thinks it’s because of a narrative is plain wrong.
AFL Narrative would have been a Geelong win and an Ablett/Danger draw for the NS. While it would have been good to see another player win the NS (Bolton for example), Dusty fully deserved this one (his first one - not so much).

TMoney22

Premiership Player
Sep 15, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Utah Jazz, San Jose Sharks
Gee we got the absolute best out of Dahlhaus

Houli had no impact on the game. Set up at least one goal. He did the job that Geelong needed him to do with others around him expected to hit the score board.

He is in a better team with different expectations than he would with us.

Oct 4, 2004
Essendon
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
MAN U/BROOKLYN NETS
Nothing but respect for the tigers

I truly think we could have done what they did if our coach didn’t think he knew better than everyone else but that’s footy

They keep it simple.

Play players in the position they are strong at and coach them to play that position.

Forwards learn their craft, backs likewise and mids used how they should.

We are not that far off the Tiges.

Bring the intensity, one more key defender, ruck.and a forward and its game on.

We are one of the few close, lets hope all within our club understand that and react accordingly

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back