Competitions 2021 Carlton goal-kicking knockout comp (can join after rnd 1 and also keep tipping after initial knockout)

Due to underwhelming demand, the goal-kicking knockout comp is back.

It's a great little comp that requires little effort to play, is lots of fun to play, doesn't last that long and has a safety net in case you forget to tip one week.

Aim:

Try and pick one Carlton player each week to kick a goal

Rules:
  • You nominate one player each week to kick a goal
    • If your player kicks at least one goal that week, you stay in the comp
    • If your player doesn't kick a goal, you're out
  • You can only choose each player once over the season
  • If your player kicks the first goal of the match, you earn an immunity card
    • You can nominate beforea match that you want to play your immunity card
      • You make it through to the next round, regardless of whether your player kicked a goal
      • Your player is used up (even if he kicks a goal)
  • If your player does not play, you are allocated the lowest-numbered player who is playing that you haven't used up yet (ie SOS #1, Dow #2, Murph #3)
See here for 2019, 2018 and 2017 versions

Winners:
  • Main game (Longest-lasting): The poster that lasts the most weeks (from the start) is the winner
    • If all remaining tippers are eliminated in the same week
      • If only one poster eliminated in the final week had an unused immunity card, they are the winner
      • If more than one poster eliminated in the final week had an unused immunity card, they are reinstated (sans immunity) and play goes one til one poster left
      • If no one had an unused immunity, all 'equal-winners' are re-instated until a sole poster survives
  • Consolation prize (Most tips): These comps often don't last very long (especially if your username is Jabba73). So as a secondary comp, there will be a winner for the poster with the most 'correct weeks' through the season.
  • In this comp, you have unlimited lives. If you get knocked out one week, you just dust yourself off and keep on going. We all keep tipping all season. So it keeps it interesting.
  • The other option is that once we all get knocked out, we all reset and start 'round 2' as in a new streak of the main game. We can discuss when we get to that point.

This comp usually starts with a bang but turns into a schemozzle when I struggled to keep up during the year.

Ideally I will set up a google doc where everyone can enter their own tips. Until that happens, pls type your entries into this thread and I will manually update my spreadsheet.

I may require an assistant to help me out or possibly hand over the comp to another poster during the season.

At the very least, I could use a weekly 'Where's the leaderboard, FFS' from thylacine60

But until then, let's at least start and see how we go.

Note: tips can be changed at any time until kickoff each week.

Jan 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Selection in. Patrick Cripps to get on the board.

Cripps 'n' Blue Bloods

Sir Cripps of Carlton House
Mar 26, 2015
Bendigo
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Tigers, Bendigo Braves, OKC
Kicking off with a Sam Walsh... 30+ and 2 sausages.

Jack Martin, with sincere apologies to him and all our supporters

Not Jack Martin for me thanks Ferris.

Dow please

Donzy

Cancelled
Mar 16, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
Big H!!
Harry McKay!!

ItsAllAboutMe

Norm Smith Medallist