News 2021 Coaching Changes - Mitchell to Coach Box Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they're both aligned on the succession, then that's the only way I see it happening

I agree. You would have to think that this has been discussed to some degree.

We know for sure that Clarkson thinks that Sam is not ready to coach just yet. He said so over the weekend on the ABC.

So Clarko is absolutely staying?
Correct. Genuinely think it’s a matter of who blinks first, Clarko has a contract he’s not moving basically knowing it’s his last at Hawthorn. Sam returned on the premise of handover at some point that all parties were aware of but not written and now the Carlton Collingwood scenario evolves with Sam being a focus. Fluid situation as they say. I agree with many posters that say when Clarko leaves we should have an open job process, hawks management should know better than me though.

Correct. Genuinely think it’s a matter of who blinks first, Clarko has a contract he’s not moving basically knowing it’s his last at Hawthorn. Sam returned on the premise of handover at some point that all parties were aware of but not written and now the Carlton Collingwood scenario evolves with Sam being a focus. Fluid situation as they say. I agree with many posters that say when Clarko leaves we should have an open job process, hawks management should know better than me though.
How Kennett handles this will be his lasting legacy. This is a huge fork in the road moment for this club.

I hope we as a club don’t pander to Jon Ralph and others who want to create a sh storm and we stick with Clarko to see out contract and Sammy extends as well knowing he is in coach in waiting (without acknowledging a handover). Get it done now

The club would be silly to think there would be no senior coaching vacancies available at rival clubs before Clarko’s contract was up

Everyone in footy thinks Sam Mitchell is a senior coach in waiting

They would be prepared for this

How Kennett handles this will be his lasting legacy. This is a huge fork in the road moment for this club.
Why is the president managing the appointment or re-signing of the the senior coach?

The club would be silly to think there would be no senior coaching vacancies available at rival clubs before Clarko’s contract was up

Everyone in footy thinks Sam Mitchell is a senior coach in waiting

They would be prepared for this
You’d think so, perhaps I’m wrong and they are happy for Mitchell to be interviewed by Collingwood.

You’d think so, perhaps I’m wrong and they are happy for Mitchell to be interviewed by Collingwood.
So earlier you posted this

Linda CRS said:
In conjunction with 2 others Mitchell had already been contacted this week and that’s why Bucks goes today. This is worst case for us as Alistair has checked out and Sam might go, we need an open exit strategy for the greatest coach in the modern era to bring in the understudy.

In some of your posts today you post as if you know for fact
In others you pretty much acknowledge you are just guessing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So earlier you posted this

Linda CRS said:
In conjunction with 2 others Mitchell had already been contacted this week and that’s why Bucks goes today. This is worst case for us as Alistair has checked out and Sam might go, we need an open exit strategy for the greatest coach in the modern era to bring in the understudy.

In some of your posts today you post as if you know for fact
In others you pretty much acknowledge you are just guessing
Yes well that’s the difference depending on subject between actually knowing and guessing or even worse an opinion. In both instances above it’s pretty clear what I’ve said, happy for you to interpret it how you want.

Its all a little dramatic isn't it?

Its like the whole future of our club rests on what Collingwood do.
Seriously?
The board have been quite apathetic is making major decisions about the personnel around the club. Collingwood could very easily make the decision for them and help the board avoid the fumbling and bumbling that they've been doing of late.

A godfather offer could very well be too good to be true. The last few years' actions strongly suggest that Clarko doesn't want to go through a rebuild and his comments pretty much back that up.
So clubs like Collingwood, GWS or Carlton who are wanting an experienced coach, with a list profile that suggests they're further into their rebuild than Hawthorn, could come knocking and take the option of the board potentially shooting Bambi out of their hands.

The board have been quite apathetic is making major decisions about the personnel around the club. Collingwood could very easily make the decision for them and help the board avoid the fumbling and bumbling that they've been doing of late.

A godfather offer could very well be too good to be true. The last few years' actions strongly suggest that Clarko doesn't want to go through a rebuild and his comments pretty much back that up.
So clubs like Collingwood, GWS or Carlton who are wanting an experienced coach, with a list profile that suggests they're further into their rebuild than Hawthorn, could come knocking and take the option of the board potentially shooting Bambi out of their hands.
It's the only way it could happen. He's contracted, but my mail is that he won't be extended.
Smart play would be to take the long term godfather offer wouldn't it?

If Clarko is not the preferred guy, make the change now.
It should happen irrespective of whatever Collingwood is doing.

We will survive and be successful regardless.

Currently in two minds and theirs positives on both sides for whichever the outcome. Also unknowns.

But if Mitchell does go to the wood and then that coincides with Clarkson leaving 12 months later, the entire board should be sacked and hung out to dry - Kennet in particular. Now that’s a big if but will be interesting how it all unfolds.

Currently we need time to see out whatever has been planned and if both our two key figures depart after GW leaving it will just say we are being managed by bad decision makers.

Do we zig or do we zag or do we hold the line

More chance that the Pies take Caracalla or McRae on than Mitchell

Well, what experience has Mitchell had?
1 year at West Coast.
2.5 years with us / Box Hill.

I cant see anyone being made Head Coach after such a short apprenticeship.
But maybe he is ready.

Well, what experience has Mitchell had?
1 year at West Coast.
2.5 years with us / Box Hill.

I cant see anyone being made Head Coach after such a short apprenticeship.
But maybe he is ready.

Maybe, but the last guy I recall who was deemed ready that quickly, now has "Crazy" in front of his name as a result of the decisions he was perceived as making as a very inexperienced head coach (although you'd think the entire footy department must have had joint culpability on some of Voss's moves).

Yes well that’s the difference depending on subject between actually knowing and guessing or even worse an opinion. In both instances above it’s pretty clear what I’ve said, happy for you to interpret it how you want.
I interpret them as a guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back