Prediction 2021 Consensus Best 22 [DONE FOR ANOTHER YEAR]

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Sure you did. Charlie, Harry, Gov and Jack are already picked in the forwardline, and you want to add Levi.
I'm not reaching at all. You said you would pick Levi for balance in that team.

Stop stressing Stamos, we will dissect end of next year and discuss the number of games Levi plays

dome.jpeg
Thou shall not chuck yonnies?

We have our Best 22

Matty411

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 21, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Our Best 22 has been decided for Season 2021.

After falling short in the midfield and forward votes, former-skipper Marc Murphy ran away with the final vote to take out the 22nd spot with 31 votes (29.2% of the overall vote).

Mature heads in Michael Gibbons (19), Levi Casboult (18) and Dave Cuningham (11) took the majority of the remaining votes.

Our emergency vote will be up shortly, whereby I expect the above three to be present. Paddy Dow (10), Brodie Kemp (5) and Nic Newman (4) are also in a chance. I expect at least 2 of this group to make the final side for Round 1, 2021.

Thank you all for voting and I hope you've enjoyed the discussion and process for another year. I hereby give you our Consensus 22 for Round 1, 2021:

FB: L. Plowman - L. Jones - A. Saad
HB: S. Docherty - J. Weitering - T. Williamson
C: S. Walsh - E. Curnow - Z. Williams
HF: Fisher - McKay - Martin
FF: McGovern - Curnow - Betts
R: T. De Koning - P. Cripps - W. Setterfield

I: S. Petrevski-Seton - C. Marchbank - J. Silvagni - M. Murphy

After falling short in the midfield and forward votes, former-skipper Marc Murphy ran away with the final vote to take out the 22nd spot with 31 votes (29.2% of the overall vote).

Mature heads in Michael Gibbons (19), Levi Casboult (18) and Dave Cuningham (11) took the majority of the remaining votes.

Our emergency vote will be up shortly, whereby I expect the above three to be present. Paddy Dow (10), Brodie Kemp (5) and Nic Newman (4) are also in a chance. I expect at least 2 of this group to make the final side for Round 1, 2021.

Thank you all for voting and I hope you've enjoyed the discussion and process for another year. I hereby give you our Consensus 22 for Round 1, 2021:

Thanks Matty

GapInIkonPark

Premiership Player
Nov 22, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Great work Matty411

Based on the 22, I select Casboult, Gibbons, Cuningham and Fogarty as the Emergencies.

And I hope that they and some in the VFL team press their claims for the Senior 22.

Matty411

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 21, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Great work Matty411

Based on the 22, I select Casboult, Gibbons, Cuningham and Fogarty as the Emergencies.

And I hope that they and some in the VFL team press their claims for the Senior 22.
Thanks mate. I went with Newnes and Newman for Balance and their proximity to best 22 status based on recent games played.

Cripps 'n' Blue Bloods

Sir Cripps of Carlton House
Mar 26, 2015
Bendigo
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Tigers, Bendigo Braves, OKC

I love this side. There's some unfortunate names to miss out, but not sure I would change anything.
Does this mean we can pick sides based on needs and the opposition we are coming up against?

Consensus complete

Matty411

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 21, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Done, done and done

The final vote of 2020 for the consensus 22 has been ran. With almost 80% of possible votes, versatile swingman Casboult has secured first spot in our emergencies, with former supplemental selection Mick Gibbons; promising Dave Cuningham and returning backman Nic Newman taking the final three spots.

This group provide valuable depth and security for our 22 selected, of which I know at least 2 will be in with a great shot of the true Round 1 team.

Thank you all for your votes and contributions - now to see how far we were off come March 18.

Bounce the ball already!

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
Done, done and done

The final vote of 2020 for the consensus 22 has been ran. With almost 80% of possible votes, versatile swingman Casboult has secured first spot in our emergencies, with former supplemental selection Mick Gibbons; promising Dave Cuningham and returning backman Nic Newman taking the final three spots.

This group provide valuable depth and security for our 22 selected, of which I know at least 2 will be in with a great shot of the true Round 1 team.

Thank you all for your votes and contributions - now to see how far we were off come March 18.

Bounce the ball already!
Well done, Matty. Super effort.

Thanks Matty - that's actually a really strong 22.
As long as we field every week around the nucleus of this team, we should win more games than we lose - bring on 2021 finals :D

Done, done and done

Bounce the ball already!
Thanks Matty and voters and posters. Fun and thinkative again. Have a good Chrissy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back