2021 Draft and Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So Clarkson is leaving Hawthorn. What's that mean for big boy McEvoy? Clarkson loved him and used him in a variety of positions over the last few years. Fagan will know him from his hawks days. We got Hodge and Birchall for a couple seasons at the end of their careers from the Hawks. Do we go again and ask the question of McEvoy? Could be very handy playing him and Oscar 50% ruck 50% forward.

I reckon he would jump at the chance to play finals again. I have watched him live a few times and he is a very smart footballer. Wouldn't cost us much either.

So Clarkson is leaving Hawthorn. What's that mean for big boy McEvoy? Clarkson loved him and used him in a variety of positions over the last few years. Fagan will know him from his hawks days. We got Hodge and Birchall for a couple seasons at the end of their careers from the Hawks. Do we go again and ask the question of McEvoy? Could be very handy playing him and Oscar 50% ruck 50% forward.

I reckon he would jump at the chance to play finals again. I have watched him live a few times and he is a very smart footballer. Wouldn't cost us much either.
would do next year with Hipwood out for most of it.

Not sure he will leave Melbourne. Has a pretty settled life and think he was only playing on for clarko. Think he will happily retire to his farm or where ever it is he lives

He’s the Captain of Hawthorn Captains don’t usually leave clubs unless they have a massive falling out with the club I think Rocky was the last captain to leave he’s club

He’s the Captain of Hawthorn Captains don’t usually leave clubs unless they have a massive falling out with the club I think Rocky was the last captain to leave he’s club

Beams was captain when Rockliff left.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe we need 4 players this trade and draft period.

A mature, first choice ruck during the trade period.

I hope our first pick gets us one of the better mids. It’ll be line ball after mid first round.

After our first pick, best available. Potentially a KPP or running defender.

If we could trade our 2022 first round pick for an early second round pick, plus a later pick in the 2022 draft I’d do it.

There’s going to be good value in good running hbf’ers who are also decent kicks. And there should be some decent, second tier KPP’s, hopefully a tall defender.

I know it's the VFL, but here are the stats for North's Tom Campbell this season. If we can't get McEvoy or a similar player, he could be a bargain signing.

Screenshot_20210802-072136_VFL.jpg

I know it's the VFL, but here are the stats for North's Tom Campbell this season. If we can't get McEvoy or a similar player, he could be a bargain signing.

View attachment 1193818

BTC offers nothing around the ground. Sure he can mark it if in position but his kicking is then poor. I have watched far too many BTC games to ever consider him more than VFL level.

You are better off with McEvoy/Lobb. They will be available.

BTC offers nothing around the ground. Sure he can mark it if in position but his kicking is then poor. I have watched far too many BTC games to ever consider him more than VFL level.

You are better off with McEvoy/Lobb. They will be available.
Lobb has never been an amazing ruckman McEvoy won’t leave Hawthorn the most likely targets are Ladhams and Chol

I'd take Ladhams before Chol if the plan was to play the Big O predominantly forward and have Ladhams as the primary ruck, I do worry about O's mobility up forward and his ability to put pressure on... Daniher and O at the same time forward is a concern for me when it comes to conceding rebound 50s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back