• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Savage Kent

All Australian
Aug 1, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hi Folks,

Was interested to see if there was interest in a draft game with the saints fans on bigfooty being assigned a team and selecting on their behalf. I organised a draft game a few years back (I believe in 2017). It was good fun but was put off at the time by an annoying poster, who shall remain nameless but think he's been largely moved on thanks to all your good work. This poster would DM me to push posters to hurry up their selections and also be pushy in the thread. Note that if said person messages me after this you will be blocked.

I digress but if you're interested reach out and I will assign you a team. Teams will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis. If you have any suggestions on how this should be run I'm all ears. I will tag posters to the teams they've been assigned to.

Last time I took the saints and from memory I selected Clark, Bonar and Clavarino. Try not to hold Bonar and Clavarino against me. This time I'll be the recruiter for the tigers based on their draft haul.

Adelaide: sunny3193
Brisbane: L_W_P
Carlton: L_W_P
Collingwood: Savage Kent
Essendon: BrutThough
Fremantle: joydivision22
Geelong: SaintJunior
Gold Coast: Minga
GWS: Gresh_Magic
Hawthorn: BrutThough
Melbourne: Saint_Dos
North Melbourne: goodie23
Port Adelaide: Saint_Dos
Richmond: Savage Kent
St Kilda: Significant
Sydney: Ads734
West Coast: bird_man
Western Bulldogs: Savage Kent

PickClubPlayer
1CollingwoodNick Daicos
2North MelbourneJason Horne-Francis
3Greater Western SydneyFinn Callaghan
4Western BulldogsSam Darcy
5Gold CoastJosh Gibcus
6AdelaideBen Hobbs
7HawthornJosh Ward
8FremantleNeil Erasmus
9RichmondTyler Sonsie
10FremantleMatthew Johnson
11St KildaJosh Sinn
12West CoastJye Amiss
13EssendonJosh Rachele
14Port AdelaideNasiah Wanganeen-Milera
15Greater Western SydneyMac Andrew
16Brisbane LionsSam Butler
17RichmondJosh Goater
18SydneyDarcy Wilmot
19MelbourneCampbell Chesser
20Brisbane LionsMitchito Owens
21FremantleJacob Van Rooyen
22North MelbourneJesse Motlop
23HawthornArlo Draper
24GeelongToby Conway
25HawthornJudson Clarke
26St KildaMarcus Windhager
27CarltonMitchell Knevitt
28RichmondZac Taylor
29RichmondBlake Howes
30Greater Western SydneyJosh Fahey
31RichmondRhett Bazzo
32West CoastMatthew Roberts
33GeelongTom Brown
34SydneyLewis Rayson
35GeelongConnor MacDonald
36AdelaideJack Williams
37GeelongShay Linke
38West CoastCorey Warner
39MelbourneKai Lohmann
40SydneyJordan Lucak
41Brisbane LionsSam Banks
42North MelbourneLeek Alleer
43North MelbourneAlistair Lord
44MelbourneJosh Rentsch
45GeelongAngus Sheldrick
46EssendonBrady Hough
47Western BulldogsCooper Murley
48Western BulldogsCharlie Dean
49EssendonNed Long
50MelbourneTaj Woewodin
51HawthornLachlan Rankin
52Brisbane LionsCasey Voss
53FremantlePaul Curtis
54Port AdelaideKade Dittmar
55CarltonDante Visentini
56HawthornCharlie Molan
57West CoastHugh Jackson
58Gold CoastBohdi Uwland
59FremantleRonald Fejo Jr
60SydneyBlayne O'Loughlin
61Greater Western SydneyBlake Schlensog
62Greater Western SydneyCharlie Constable
63North MelbourneJackson Archer
64Port AdelaideHugh Stagg
65Port AdelaideSaxon Evans
66Port AdelaideJase Burgoyne
67AdelaidePass
68Brisbane LionsTyreece Leiu

The current draft picks for your reference:

Adelaide: 6, 36, 65
Brisbane: 16, 20, 41, 52, 66
Carlton: 26, 55
Collingwood: 1
Essendon: 13, 46, 49
Fremantle: 8, 10, 21, 53, 58
Geelong: 24, 33, 35, 37, 45
Gold Coast: 5
GWS: 3, 15, 30, 60, 61
Hawthorn: 7, 23, 25, 51, 56
Melbourne: 19, 39, 44, 50
North Melbourne: 2, 22, 42, 43, 62
Port Adelaide: 14, 54, 63, 64
Richmond: 9, 17, 28, 29, 31
St Kilda: 11, 26
Sydney: 18, 34, 40, 59
West Coast: 12, 32, 38, 57
Western Bulldogs: 4, 47, 48

Last edited:
If this was true we'd all be able to be recruiters.

All three are very relevant

I meant more in regards to splitting the hairs in this sort of draft.

All of Rachele, Sinn, Ward, Erasmus, Johnson, Andrew & Sonsie could be picked and they will all have their positives and negatives.

How we develop them is the critical issue.

With pick 16 the Brisbane Lions select:

Sam Butler.

With Zorko and Robinson at the back end of things, Butler looms as a ready made option at half forward.

He could play immediately as a forward pocket and then move up the field as he develops.

Midfielder/forward
184cm/76kg
10/2/03
Greater Western Victoria Rebels/Vic Country

Butler reminded recruiters of his all-round capabilities with a strong Combine showing, leading the Vic Country testing for the 20-metre sprint (2.97 seconds) as well as finishing second in the standing vertical jump (71cm) and running vertical jump (87cm) tests. The younger brother of St Kilda forward Dan, the Rebels talent had an impressive season, including a 27-disposal performance to finish his year in the NAB League. Butler is a smart midfielder/forward who impacts games with clever ball use and quick decisions.

Sonsie and Goater is a solid 1-2 punch for the Tiges Savage Kent

Can I ask why you went Sonsie over Rachele? Feels like Rachele is the more highly rated of the two.

Sonsie and Goater is a solid 1-2 punch for the Tiges Savage Kent

Can I ask why you went Sonsie over Rachele? Feels like Rachele is the more highly rated of the two.
Good question. Funnily enough at this pick I was weighing up both Sonsie and Rachele.

I think the deciding factor was weighing up the best that both have produced to date and Sonsie's best games have exceeded Rachele, especially against senior bodies to reference this game vs Box Hill. Sonsie's weaknesses are centred around gap between his best and worst performances, which could be attributed to injuries and a lack of continuity due to lockdowns.

Stick him in a professional full time environment and confident the gap between his best and worst will be reduced, especially at one of the best teams over the last 5 years with plenty of leaders to mentor him.

While Rachele has scope to play midfield, I reckon he'll more likely remain a forward, which isn't a bad thing but I value quality midfielder.

Swans pick Darcy Wilmot.

Big fan of this guy, reminds me a lot of Nick Coffield, Nick Vlastuin and Elliot Yeo, beyond courageous. Great overhead.
Strengths
- Toughness
- Speed
- Overhead marking
- Contested Marking
- Leadership

Room for improvement
- Midfield craft,
- Stoppage work

Quietly confident of him locking up a sport at half back quite quickly. The type of guy you want in the final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn’t realise how many fecking joshs there are in first round contention: Josh Gibcus, Josh Ward, Josh Rachele, Josh Goater, Josh Sinn.

Hooley dooley and Golly Josh! I thought we were special with all our jacks! I wonder which one will be the best in 5 years (on potential methinks they could all be special), then they can be King of the Josh’s.

… anyway, that’s my enlightened commentary for the day.

PLUS: there’s a Jesse, Jason, Jye, Jack and Jacob!!! Lordy Lordy Lordy

Last edited:
I didn’t realise how many fecking joshs there are in first round contention: Josh Gibcus, Josh Ward, Josh Rachele, Josh Goater, Josh Sinn.

Hooley dooley and Golly Josh! I thought we were special with all our jacks! I wonder which one will be the best in 5 years (on potential they could all be special methinks), then they can be King of the Josh’s.
KdYL9Y.gif

With pick 20 Brisbane selects...

Mitchito Owens

We thought long and hard about his pick.

While there are options to invest in a long term ruck (Conway) or develop another KPP at either end, the temptation to pick this rapidly rising prospect was just too great.

He will probably start at half back & the push through the midfield as he develops but he could be a massive spark of excitement and is well worth rolling the dice on given our list profile and current premiership push.

Mitchito Owens
Midfielder
190cm/85kg
24/9/03
Sandringham Dragons/Vic Metro

Owens was a late call-up to Vic Metro's under-19 championships clash with Vic Country in July but he made a statement with a 29-disposal and seven-mark game that put him on the map as a possible top-30 pick. The St Kilda Next Generation Academy player is a hard-running option who is relentless with his work ethic from end to end. His last three games for the Dragons saw him average 23 disposals.

With pick 20 Brisbane selects...

Mitchito Owens

We thought long and hard about his pick.

While there are options to invest in a long term ruck (Conway) or develop another KPP at either end, the temptation to pick this rapidly rising prospect was just too great.

He will probably start at half back & the push through the midfield as he develops but he could be a massive spark of excitement and is well worth rolling the dice on given our list profile and current premiership push.

Mitchito Owens
Midfielder
190cm/85kg
24/9/03
Sandringham Dragons/Vic Metro

Owens was a late call-up to Vic Metro's under-19 championships clash with Vic Country in July but he made a statement with a 29-disposal and seven-mark game that put him on the map as a possible top-30 pick. The St Kilda Next Generation Academy player is a hard-running option who is relentless with his work ethic from end to end. His last three games for the Dragons saw him average 23 disposals.
Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

See what happens on draft night but I think Owens will get through.

Lions would probably go JVR as the best available. Could have taken Goater first up and then one of Butler or Draper at 20 as well.

Part of me wanted to see the reactions on here though :p

Almost took another South Aussie kid here but why not go for a bit of romance? With pick 22 North Melbourne select Jesse Motlop, South Fremantle.

BrutThough pick

Last edited:
Back