2021 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

How's stating a fact perceived as a rant!
My point exactly about Essendon hardly if ever playing Carlton at Marvel is valid.
Ahhh BigFooty where you log on & lose more brain cells than a night on the slops!
It's a rant because it's highly irrational.

Essendon play their home games at Marvel. That's that. They are obliged to play them in their contract.

Essendon request a number of blockbuster home games to be moved to the MCG, to maximise revenue..these would be Carlton, Collingwood and Richmond.

Essendon obviously didn't request moving our game. It's their perogative.

Hawthorn make requests to the AFL as well. Our club yesterday said they're very happy with how most of our requests were also met. To point Essendon's draw as proof of AFL discrimination against Hawthorn is just incorrect

Last edited:

Are people actually complaining about our Fixture ? We've avoided getting the 3 toughest interstate teams away from home.
I would rather that as we would be likely to lose to them at home anyway. The other interstate teams playing at home may make a difference

I would rather that as we would be likely to lose to them at home anyway. The other interstate teams playing at home may make a difference

Again that means the common denominator is that we are s**t, any capable side fancies themselves against interstate opposition on their home deck.

Last year's fixture and this years are chalk and cheese.

We had the worst fixture by far in 2020 according to the AGE's analysis of advantages/disadvantages, and we're said to have one of the best in 2021.

We had the worst fixture by far in 2020 according to the AGE's analysis of advantages/disadvantages, and we're said to have one of the best in 2021.

Hopefully the fixture remains as is.

The only thing I don't like is how many tough games we have early during the time clubs want wins to sell memberships.

Of course win some of those tough games and you sell memberships, more a comment on where I think we are compared to some of those teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who's to say 2021 won't turn out similarly to 2020? COVID isn't disappearing any time soon.
Agreed COVID could last a couple more years.

Vaccine on track to be rolling out in March.

Current projection is that everybody who wants a vaccine (it's voluntary) will have it by October.

Contact tracing is better than it was. The current doomsday outbreaks yesterday resulted in 3 confirmed cases from 33 000 tests.

Call me optimistic but if there is any impact on the 2021 season I don't see it be anywhere near as severe as the 2 month shutdown. Or shorter quarters. Or 3 month hubs.

Current projection is that everybody who wants a vaccine (it's voluntary) will have it by October.

Contact tracing is better than it was. The current doomsday outbreaks yesterday resulted in 3 confirmed cases from 33 000 tests.

Call me optimistic but if there is any impact on the 2021 season I don't see it be anywhere near as severe as the 2 month shutdown. Or shorter quarters. Or 3 month hubs.
You'd expect a cautious and more practised approach will still be taken but it won't be as much the decison-making-on-the-run approach AFL was forced into last year.

Do you see WA and Tassie especially having open borders without proper levels of vaccination if there is an outbreak?

NSW doesn't appear to be interested in getting down to zero and they've helped it get back into VIC

I'd be surprised if we have a normal year without disruption

Testing protocols in the AFL should mean they can travel between states, but our state politicians are a different breed so yeah it'll be painful.

Do you see WA and Tassie especially having open borders without proper levels of vaccination if there is an outbreak?

NSW doesn't appear to be interested in getting down to zero and they've helped it get back into VIC

I'd be surprised if we have a normal year without disruption

There could be some disruption. I mentioned that.

But I'm confident it won't be to the same level of 2020.

I'll be surprised if we don't get 22 games and players don't sleep in their own bed for 3 months straight, let's put it that way. Could still be bumps along the way of course.

It's a rant because it's highly irrational.

Essendon play their home games at Marvel. That's that. They are obliged to play them in their contract.

Essendon request a number of blockbuster home games to be moved to the MCG, to maximise revenue..these would be Carlton, Collingwood and Richmond.

Essendon obviously didn't request moving our game. It's their perogative.

Hawthorn make requests to the AFL as well. Our club yesterday said they're very happy with how most of our requests were also met. To point Essendon's draw as proof of AFL discrimination against Hawthorn is just incorrect

There's my point n the below screen shot!

The scum have chosen to move their Rd.15 v Melbourne from Marvel to the MCG.

The point i'm making, which you don't seem to comprehend here is:- they've chosen to forgo extra revenue for a better chance for a win in round 1!

So you're telling me they would get a bigger crowd in this Rd.15 game then in Rd.1 v an arch enemy after basically a year out with no crowds.

At the moment this may all be a moot point. With the State Govt F**king up again here the crowds may be affected at this stage.

P.S. - took a while to reply as l was away on a camping trip..
1609631500857.png

#doitforDanger

P.S Don't read the scums rag
I like how the fixture is done nowadays. Two games against three teams in your third of last years finishing spots..and one against each in the other third.. that’s a fair way to do it whilst also assuring you get a game against your number one rival..
no complaints on our draw. Think we’ll finish bottom 6.. and in honesty that’s where we are at right..our list has not improved from
Last years and our two best players won’t play a lot so I’m just looking at 21 as a developmental year..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back