2021 Fixture

Wally Walpamur

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
To those saying the tone of the season is set in the first lot of games, remember Gold Coast have had very good starts the past two seasons and haven’t fired a shot after the bye.

May 11, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Ipswich Town FC, Leeds Rhinos
Why are we doubling up against Brisbane instead of Essendon, north and Adelaide??

pretty sure the way it works is you get:

- two double ups against teams in the same ‘group of six’ ( so for us that’s 7th- 12th - Eagles who finished 7th due to going out in the Elim and Carlton)

- two double ups against another group of six (I think if you finish 7th/8th/9th then these two double ups are against teams who finished 1-6; if you finish 10th/11th/12th then that double up is from 13-18 - so hawks and swans for us)

- one double up against the other group of six (in our case the top 6 - so Brisbane)

obviously where the Eagles finish can skew this some years.

May 11, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
First 6 rounds, only 1 x 6 day break (off away game) rest are 7 or 8 so thats alright.

the dates have only been fixed for rounds 1 to 6 due to the floating fixture. So we don’t know how many 6, 7, 8 day breaks we will get after that. We only know we have one six day, four seven day and one eight day breaks in the first six rounds.

May 11, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
I should have known. Odds on we get no Thurs or Friday games this season again.

will entirely depend on how we’re performing. Last year the Suns got Thursday and Friday night games after their strong start and exciting young team.

if we’re top six and playing well we might get one or two. If we’re middle of the ladder we’ll probably keep getting Saturday arvo games.

remember in 2014 we got the opening Friday at the G against the Pies. If you’re a top team (and we were bookies favourites at the time) then you get the TV slots. If you’re a rubbish big Vic club then you get the TV slots. If your an average to rubbish interstate team then you get what’s left.

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
remember in 2014 we got the opening Friday at the G against the Pies.

Etihad it was. But yeah boy do I remember that, I don't think I have ever seen us belt a decent team more comprehensively. We might have had bigger wins but we looked like flag certainties that night. Pity it was round one.

The tone of the season is set at the beginning. No reason we can't have 4 or 5 wins in that first six games.

A positive start and injuries never seem to impact you as much, confidence is up and how many days break or what venue the game is at doesn't seem to be as important.

It's all about how we start the season.

Our double ups are pretty decent as well.
should be aiming for 4 wins at a minimum, could easily be 6 imo

Jezzitizle

Premiership Player
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
Holy sh*t Carlton fans are calling us a sure thing win for them. They really are a delusional ******* bunch. Same story with them, they'll go into this year thinking they're top 8 chances and they'll crash and burn like they always do. They're not that good.

Really it’s two teams on the rise going head to head.

Coin toss at this stage, which means both sets of supporters should fancy it.

Really Carlton may be one of the clubs at the pointy end as Geelong, Richmond, WC, Port fade away as their guns age (not necessarily at the exact same time).

The Big Doggy

Debutant
Apr 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
^

Attachments

• 4F0230BD-2E2F-4852-B693-588EB7E720AD.jpeg
    4F0230BD-2E2F-4852-B693-588EB7E720AD.jpeg
    77.2 KB · Views: 319

heypenny

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2006
London
AFL Club
Fremantle
Carlton seem to be on a similar trajectory than us. I think they'll be tough to beat away from home in round 3.

It also doesn't help that they have a 10 day break going into the match and we have a 7 day break with the added travel. No excuses and all that but the large discrepancy is annoying.

heypenny

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2006
London
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm completely biased but I see 13 wins as a real possibility:

Home - GWS, Hawks, North, Lions, Swans, Bulldogs, Suns, Blues
Away - Dees, Crows, Bombers, Hawks

Split the Derbies gets us to 13. We should be aiming to win at least 8 of our 11 matches at home.

The above obviously won't go to plan but there may be others that we could snatch that I haven't counted (i.e Saints, Pies, Blues or Swans away). I would love to see us back in the finals next year.

freo1997

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
munster
AFL Club
Fremantle
Carlton will be a pretty good in the next few years, but not a dominant one. Speaking of Carltons trajectory..here's some others.

2021-2026 will see Bulldogs, Brisbane, Port and Freo become the next big 4 and play off in big finals.

I think Richmond have had their day and won't win another GF. Geelongs bubble will burst in 2022 like Sydney 2 years ago. Saints have one too many plodders to be taken seriously, but will keep up finals appearances consistently for a few years.

Eagles usually rebuild every 10 years eg; 2000, 2010...I seriously think that cliff is coming. They're old, seem to be a little injury riddled of late and their gameplan/coaching tactics are starting to get lame and found out. They will miss finals and won't appear until 2024 at the earliest.

Westy2487

Team Captain
Sep 8, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
So we don't get to play Len Hall in Anzac Day but the night before, 4 of the first 6 in awful Sunday evening spots, we get neither our first or last games at home for some stupid reason (no game in Perth at all for Round 23) and we go Brisbane in Brisbane, Derby, St. Kilda at Marvel to finish the season.

That is an absolutely atrocious draw. Seriously WTAF?

😭

Nov 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Holy sh*t Carlton fans are calling us a sure thing win for them. They really are a delusional ******* bunch. Same story with them, they'll go into this year thinking they're top 8 chances and they'll crash and burn like they always do. They're not that good.
I’m not surprised they’re confident against us considering the utter s**t we’ve dished up the last two times. Plenty for us to be confident about too - we’ve been an absolute rabble and they’ve JUST managed to topple us at the last kick on both of those occasions.

Patty_Moz

Club Legend
Aug 8, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I don’t like the double up against the Lions but really good draw IMO.
7x very winnable home games - GWS, Hawks, North, Swans, Dogs, Suns, Carl.
7x winnable way games - Melb, Crows, Carl, Ess, Coll, Hawks (in tassie?), Swans.
4x home games against last years top sides Cats, Tigs, Budgies and Lions so that gives us half a chance. Should be aiming for at least 12 out of that lot.
I think we have to start beating the budgies to be a chance for finals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back