List Mgmt. 2021 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Stats as of 18/3/2021 - Prior to round 1

2021 Carlton List as of 18th March 2021.JPG

Continued from here:-

Last edited:
The most maligned player on the list is the most valuable? Because he played a handful of good games in attack or defence over how many years?
Come on...

More valuable than Harry? Charlie? Cripps? Walsh? Weiters? Doc? The list goes on.

When playing forward he rarely excels, and a couple of good games in defence or ruck. Then make him a ruck or backman and see what he can do full time.
If he's that 'valuable' he can hold down a spot there. I know you love our players but just curb your enthusiasm a little bit, statements like this are just ludicrous.
Levi had to do it all himself in the early years. That kind of pressure probably contributed a lot to his shockers in front of goal. Harry & Charlie have always had Levi in the side to take the big defenders and have never had to compete in the forward line by themselves. Even Tom Lynch would have struggled back in the day when we didn't have a functional forward line. Give the guy some credit FFS.

Levi had to do it all himself in the early years. That kind of pressure probably contributed a lot to his shockers in front of goal. Harry & Charlie have always had Levi in the side to take the big defenders and have never had to compete in the forward line by themselves. Even Tom Lynch would have struggled back in the day when we didn't have a functional forward line. Give the guy some credit FFS.
Also, he kept showing up and putting in 100%.

I can't say the same for other, more talented forwards we have had in the recent past.

Hes actually not.
Full strength. Hes playing 2s

Levi was a rookie selection who has played 141 games for Carlton as a not best 22 player I hope his body allows him another three years - where he will get to 200 games as a not best 22 player.

Hypothetically, if Levi was injured, needed a rest, or JSOS/Gov both had great patches of form, who is our ruck relief? If for any reason Casboult isn't playing, who on our list is capable of being a 2nd ruck? Harry? Jones? Someone else?

Hypothetically, if Levi was injured, needed a rest, or JSOS/Gov both had great patches of form, who is our ruck relief? If for any reason Casboult isn't playing, who on our list is capable of being a 2nd ruck? Harry? Jones? Someone else?

Moore if he gets the last spot on the list.

But I don’t think you need one. Plenty of clubs have chucked someone random in there.

Jonesy would be my Ruck option in that case. Thou it is robbing Peter to pay Paul.
Would have to move Mc G to the back line to cover for Jones, Cripps to the forward arc to cover Mc G, Gibbo to the centre to cover for Crippa, Fish to HF to cover Gibbo, Marchy off the LTI to cover Fish.

Jonesy would be my Ruck option in that case. Thou it is robbing Peter to pay Paul.
Would have to move Mc G to the back line to cover for Jones, Cripps to the forward arc to cover Mc G, Gibbo to the centre to cover for Crippa, Fish to HF to cover Gibbo, Marchy off the LTI to cover Fish.
Couldn't have said it better myself. One thing though, Marchy to cover for Fish in the pocket?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd make Gov do it. He's got a sensational leap, high top speed, and loves a tackle; the idea behind doing it with him would be for him to just smash into the other ruckman, and to halve the tap before trying to gather on the ground, either the ball or with a crushing tackle.

Best bit: prepping him for a midfield role would improve his fitness to no end, and would help his forward line play.

If Gibbo moves into the guts, that leaves us with -1 forward. Murph temporarily onto a flank would be my preference.
we have multiple choices, in the small to medium range for the forward zone. it was more of a p...take to show how much having Cas in the side benefits us

I'd make Gov do it. He's got a sensational leap, high top speed, and loves a tackle; the idea behind doing it with him would be for him to just smash into the other ruckman, and to halve the tap before trying to gather on the ground, either the ball or with a crushing tackle.

Best bit: prepping him for a midfield role would improve his fitness to no end, and would help his forward line play.

Can't imagine anything more likely to result in another injury :p

Can't imagine anything more likely to result in another injury :p
Depends where you see his injuries coming from. I see him as injury prone because his fitness has never been adequate to the task of playing AFL football, ergo developing his fitness and working with Russell to get him midfield/ruckman level running would go some of the way towards fortifying him somewhat.

But then, I'm just a putz on the internet with no expertise in injury or rehab.

Depends where you see his injuries coming from. I see him as injury prone because his fitness has never been adequate to the task of playing AFL football, ergo developing his fitness and working with Russell to get him midfield/ruckman level running would go some of the way towards fortifying him somewhat.

But then, I'm just a putz on the internet with no expertise in injury or rehab.
Also doesn't help that he's had preseason setbacks like a back fracture & that double ankle surgery. Then that whole thing of him being played while clearly not 100% because we had Charlie and Harry missing games and Levi moving back to cover Jones.

Easily best 22... Easily

Probably not with McKay and Curnow plus a few peripheral talls such as Silvagni and McGovern about with where the structural trend is at in the game. I'd love to fit him in but I can't find where with a fully fit list. If there were 5 on the bench he would be that 5th player without a doubt IMO.

IMO we go the Richmond way with our second ruck option, use McGovern or possible Silvagni.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back