List Mgmt. 2021 List Management

CaptainCripps13

Debutant
Mar 29, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
Sean Darcy or Darcy Tucker?

Sean I am 90% sure. Think he was Vic Country as well

I know zero about Darcy Tucker. I’ve watched a fair bit of Freo and never stood out. I know my son in law really rated him in his draft year. He is a good judge usually - raved about Parfitt at Geelong, TDK and a few others I can’t remember. Also really rated SPS in his draft year. Gotten a lot wrong as well - raved about Lucas Cook who the Dees wasted a top 15 pick on.

agro

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 7, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Sean I am 90% sure. Think he was Vic Country as well

I know zero about Darcy Tucker. I’ve watched a fair bit of Freo and never stood out. I know my son in law really rated him in his draft year. He is a good judge usually - raved about Parfitt at Geelong, TDK and a few others I can’t remember. Also really rated SPS in his draft year. Gotten a lot wrong as well - raved about Lucas Cook who the Dees wasted a top 15 pick on.

Unfortunately ratings of those related by marriage are not valued around here.

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
Haven’t seen a lot of Sean Darcy but, he looked clumsy on the weekend. Rate Pitto higher.

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
171172947_1410220845999193_2087392284806163449_n.jpg

berisha

Club Legend
Mar 22, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Burnley, San Jose Sharks
From the Harry McKay article:

"The retention of McKay will be important for the Blues as the club attempts to re-sign superstar captain Patrick Cripps, who is said to be strongly considering a mammoth offer from the Fremantle Dockers."

First I've heard of this?

Aug 30, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

"The retention of McKay will be important for the Blues as the club attempts to re-sign superstar captain Patrick Cripps, who is said to be strongly considering a mammoth offer from the Fremantle Dockers."

It seems to pop up every month or two when some (often radio) journo goes with the story. Often gets shut down by others (usually print media) fairly quickly.

CaptainCripps13

Debutant
Mar 29, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
Yeah, I'm not sure Liddle would be telling people it's done if it isn't actually done...

He told people at a function before Easter. He again repeated it at the lunch at the Fremantle game. Fox Footy reported the Fremantle game comments at half time in their coverage.

If it helps people - I have been told by the Captain himself he will be here long term in January. Feel free to dismiss etc and I am not going to debate it. But I am very confident he stays

He told people at a function before Easter. He again repeated it at the lunch at the Fremantle game. Fox Footy reported the Fremantle game comments at half time in their coverage.

If it helps people - I have been told by the Captain himself he will be here long term in January. Feel free to dismiss etc and I am not going to debate it. But I am very confident he stays

I don't think anyone believes the CEO was telling people it was done, before it was done.

Perhaps he stated he was confident it would get done.

CaptainCripps13

Debutant
Mar 29, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
I don't think anyone believes the CEO was telling people it was done, before it was done.

Perhaps he stated he was confident it would get done.

I believe you can pull up the Fox Footy segment. From memory something like “it is close to being finalised. A few weeks away from being done.”

You don’t need to take my word for it - go check Fox Footy. But I was at the pre-Easter lunch and we were told all key terms are agreed and it is being documented. Certainly the consensus view amongst major contributors is Cripps is staying and it’s done. Liddle is not stupid enough to say that, if it wasn’t done.

Edit - my discussion with the great man was February not January. Always think of the tennis as January

Frothiewalker

Senior List
May 15, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hey guys,

Just curious if you guys think SPS will be at the blues next year? Ive read a couple rumors. Cheers

Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Nope. Depends on the player. Think about it logically - if a player can get a deal done with a club they want, they don't want others making offers to their current club. Makes it harder to move. Obviously if you don't care what club you go to and it is highest price, you don't mind people knowing.

As far as I know (and I may be wrong), Darcy's manager had spoken only to us and St Kilda. Also friendly with Ainsworth from the Suns, who is signed until 2022 but we have raised with the Suns - very unlikely though.

Roasts Sumich for outing one of our super secret trade targets. Then outs another one himself?

Frothiewalker

Senior List
May 15, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
If our coaches keep playing him out of position, I'll pack his bags for him. :mad:
Interesting that hes been played off half back. Personally would love the crows to look at it, only if we were going to play him half forward.

I remember him being dangerous for you guys up forward early in his career.

Kreuuuzeurns

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton

I wouldn’t blame Cripps for considering a 5/6 year deal on similar money in his home state. He is human after all.

I expect him to stay and play out his career with us FWIW.

skadoosh

Premiership Player
May 26, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
...which is not the same as Liddle saying it has been done.

The very first word makes it an entirely different conversation.
Dunno...but to me it's pretty obvious what's happened...if what CC13 is saying is true; then Liddle told people at the lunch it's done while telling the media it's nearly done?

Seems plausible to me- or no?

BigFrizz36

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 20, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton

I have the "hard copy' of the Herald Sun and there is no mention of this. Simply says "The Blues are also on the verge of a new deal for superstar captain Patrick Cripps, who suggested he was prepared to take less to help keep Carlton's burgeoning list together".

Not sure that the two co-relate.

Also laugh that this week our list is burgeoning - pretty sure it was described differently last couple of weeks.

Dunno...but to me it's pretty obvious what's happened...if what CC13 is saying is true; then Liddle told people at the lunch it's done while telling the media it's nearly done?

Seems plausible to me- or no?

It's absolutely plausible, but it reads to me that the evidence for it definitively being done was the wording of the article, in which Liddle wasn't exactly definitive at all - which is why I pointed it out.

Straight swap for Darcy Fogarty?

This would be a shocking result.

Back