List Mgmt. 2021 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah he’s a nice player but the price is important.
Keen to take our 1st rounder to the draft but you’d imagine Freo would demand it in any kind of trade …
You’re not wrong. I’d happily give up our 1st rounder for him, but Freo would no doubt want more. Certainly not an extra 1st, but maybe a 2nd?

I think he is somewhat underrated. Big classy mid who is still only 21, Freo have basically spent 70+ games developing him and he’s now ready to launch with 10+ years ahead of him. It would be an incredible low-risk get.

Cerra was very good last night, especially in the first half. He’s the same draft vintage as Dow, already shown plenty with a weak supporting cast and still has lots of improvement. I am very keen for the right price.
Right price the operative word, after not having a 1st round selection last year and using the previous on Kemp IMO we need to go to this years draft and take the best mid available.
If we can land Cerra without using this years 1st then sure, but hard to see that happening.

You’re not wrong. I’d happily give up our 1st rounder for him, but Freo would no doubt want more. Certainly not an extra 1st, but maybe a 2nd?

I think he is somewhat underrated. Big classy mid who is still only 21, Freo have basically spent 70+ games developing him and he’s now ready to launch with 10+ years ahead of him. It would be an incredible low-risk get.

He’s the right age and has been developed now ready to go.
I could come at our 1st rounder but that’s about it … throw in O’Brien if it helps …

I think a 1st and a 2nd is too much for us to pay, let alone his contract.
Good player certainly, but we have more pressing needs.

Certainly was eventually turned a swap of a future first rounder from Crows #9 into #17 Kemp and #20 Philp on top of the free pick for #19 Stocker...

Young Reid certainly looks to have had a role in our rebuild doesn’t he.

We’ve roughly traded Gibbs and a future 1st rounder for :

DeKoning Kennedy O’Brien Stocker Kemp Philp …

E3B2638C-1B6D-438F-B2C7-2D72F7C690E1.jpeg

We really need to see what’s to become of Stocker, Kemp & Philp into midfielders (Ramsay & even down to LOB as our winger) & then there’s the conundrum with Setterfield & SPS + the rise/return of Dow & Kennedy.

There’s enough to work with there.

We really need to see what’s to become of Stocker, Kemp & Philp into midfielders (Ramsay & even down to LOB as our winger) & then there’s the conundrum with Setterfield & SPS + the rise/return of Dow & Kennedy.

Reckon Carroll is a big part of our midfield future …

Hopefully Philp can be the winger we desperately need with his speed run and strong defensive traits...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think Cerra would be a good get but only at the right price (both $ and trade capital). I’m expecting Dow and Carroll to feature as starting midfielders soon. We have the potential for Stocker Williams and/or Kemp to be midfielders. Then we have Setterfield and Kennedy if they kick on. The cupboard is not as bare as it looked earlier this season imo.

No doubt Cerra would be a great addition but I hope we don’t go crazy giving away top 10 picks and $750k contracts. Only if SPS really wanted out then maybe he and a 2nd rounder for Cerra sounds about right.

IMO our approach should be to use our first round picks at the draft. Try to add some depth via cheap mature pickups especially a KPD.

I think LOB will probably want out at season’s end considering he attracted some interest last year and hasn’t had a run in the seniors this year. Also the rumours of SPS heading home make me think we may free up some cap space that way.
Where have you heard rumours of Samo wanting to go home? All I’ve heard is the recent report that he was happy and not agitating to come back to Perth.

Was the Adelaide future 1st rounder then split into Kemp and Philp ?
Meaning we traded a future 1st for Stocker, Kemp and Philp ?

Remember the 2019 draft, SOS went out with a bang.

Kept forcing the clubs with academy picks to use their lower picks.

But yeah, when he got none of those academy players he swapped that first rounder from Adelaide for two picks on kemp and Philp.

Be an interesting chess player, SOS

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

On Cerra. Good article.

By the end of the season Cerra will have a good sense of where the Tigers are headed, how promising the Dockers near future could be - and where the Blues are headed post-review

Personally I think him doing our forward 50 entries make him worth our top 2021 pick and then some if needed

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

On Cerra. Good article.

Agree the smart play for Cerra is Fremantle or Carlton.
He is established at Freo and they look to be an improving team.
IF … he wants to return to Melbourne, the Blues look a good fit for him …

Agree the smart play for Cerra is Fremantle or Carlton.
He is established at Freo and they look to be an improving team.
IF … he wants to return to Melbourne, the Blues look a good fit for him …

We might be a good fit for him, not so sure he's a good fit for us.
If we're spending that kind of capital on a mid his age, I want more running ability.

I think we should leave that sort of acquisition (trade & salary cost) alone this year.

We might be a good fit for him, not so sure he's a good fit for us.
If we're spending that kind of capital on a mid his age, I want more running ability.

I think we should leave that sort of acquisition (trade & salary cost) alone this year.

I’m on the fence with this one … and i hate that 😂
I’d like to take our pick to the draft, top 10 picks are usually your friend in the end.
Against that, Cerra is the right age and ready to go now.
We sorely need class service to our forwards.
Watched Whitfield seal the deal yesterday and it was a timely reminder of the importance of classy finishers.
In the end, reckon it comes down to price.
Could come at our 1st rounder but that’s about it, throw in O’Brien if it helps …

I’m on the fence with this one … and i hate that 😂
I’d like to take our pick to the draft, top 10 picks are usually your friend in the end.
Against that, Cerra is the right age and ready to go now.
We sorely need class service to our forwards.
Watched Whitfield seal the deal yesterday and it was a timely reminder of the importance of classy finishers.
In the end, reckon it comes down to price.
Could come at our 1st rounder but that’s about it, throw in O’Brien if it helps …

I reckon it would be a bit (not to the same expense cost wise) as * going after Shiel.
Although a good player, he was the wrong guy for them for that price at that time.

Where have you heard rumours of Samo wanting to go home? All I’ve heard is the recent report that he was happy and not agitating to come back to Perth.
No solid source at all. Just speculation on here which may be just that, plus he’s coming out of contract iirc. Hoping you’ve heard correctly but I can imagine he may be frustrated with the HBF experiment along with not being given a consistent crack to nail down his spot in the senior team this year.

All I’m saying is that IF he did want to go home then he we’d be best off linking him into a potential Cerra deal which will help us retain our first round draft pick.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back