Remove this Banner Ad

BlueGum

Jan 16, 2016
The banana lounge
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Megahertz
Forgive the intrusion, I have just seen the Tayla article and came sniffing to see what the collective thoughts were on this.

I am a life long lions fan and got on the AFLW team when it first started. What has been obvious from that first season is that Tayla is not a team player, she has consistently dropped her head in games and acted like a petulant child. I would not hire her let alone pay a premium for her in a team based environment.

She could be a superstar or a great team player but I don’t think she wants to be the later. She is better off in an individual sport like boxing.

If Eddie wants to look at role models how about the players who are working full time whilst playing and or contributing to the development of the next generation.
I wasn't so keen when Tayla got recruited as I'd seen the same thing you did at Brissy, but I think she's matured. She did have a good team playing year for us in 2020, but it got curtailed. I think they had sorted out a role and she was playing really well until Covid hit.

I think she could do that again, if she's committed to the role and team. And uninjured. Her shoulders are potentially an ongoing problem.

So in the end, I'm ambivalent. I don't begrudge her going for a payday but I do think that a spread of talent is needed, and all our eggs in the Harris basket is probably not what we need. I have a preference for the youngsters that have come through playing footy.

BlueGum

Jan 16, 2016
The banana lounge
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Megahertz
An interesting question to pose to Carlton fans, if Tayla was to be moved on through a trade, what Victorian club would you want her to end up at, and for what in return?

I say Victorian club, because in an ideal world, she'd go back home to Queensland through a trade with the Suns, giving you pick one to get Georgie Prespaskis.

The tricking thing with a trade to a Vic club, what club can give you what you want, without you making them too strong (if Harris found form at a new home)?
St Kilda for Georgia Patrikios :p

Jimmae

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tennessee Titans, Tottenham Hotspur
That is the key, last year Nic Negropontis gave Carlton an A for trade period and Melbourne a D, turned out the other way around is true.
If Harris leaves, as is looking most likely, what do you need to get in return to make it a win for Carlton (pick 1 from GC to get a Prespakis Jnr an obvious one)
Nic is a massive Blues fan with club connections, and that probably skewed his judgement a bit.

Remove this Banner Ad