2021 Non-Crows AFL Discussion Part 1: we can have lots of fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
So just catching up on the Frank Costa news. While he seems like a decent man, I really don't understand how the separate cleaning contract between him and Dangerfield's was not investigated more. Otherwise, I am sure that the Gerards are looking for a gardener....and I am sure the Rankine's, Stephens or Lukocious' nearest and dearest would love to fill the role....

What's this?

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Seems like a few posts in the port preview thread been deleted, but to continue the theory that there is NO points deduction for Port to wear the prison bars.

These are the AFL Regulations for 2021. They are written for a specific reason. To be followed.

Section 4.4
4.4 Wearing of the Uniform (a) The uniform to be worn by a Club during the Home and Away Matches shall be as directed by the Executive General Manager Football or their appointee. Sanction: Up to 20 Units for each Player wearing an incorrect uniform, payable by the Player’s Club

Where is it mentioned that a club wearing an incorrect uniform has a sanction of points deduction?

Either - Kochie is lying, there has been no mention of a points deduction; or Gill/the Commission has made a baseless threat, as Port could argue that per the Regulations, the only sanction is a financial one.

But that doesn't suit Port's agenda. If Kochie says there's a points deduction, well that's that. They're not going to risk losing premiership points. I remember the interview where Kochie stated the points deduction. It was with Will & Pembo (guys, we know you read this board, so follow this up, eh?) Kochie said they'd be willing to pay the fine, but its a points deduction so therefore they can't do anything.

Bull and sh*t. Its a financial sanction only as the Regulations say. Ask Gill if its a points deduction. He'll either say no, or if he says yes ask why the Regulations only impose a financial sanction.

Port just can't afford to pay the financial penalty so are making up a points penalty,

Technically the Crouch/stengle thing was a strike and should have been dealt with under that regime. But the AFL tack on a disrepute type charge to correct the optics. They seem to get away with whatever they want.

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
Seems like a few posts in the port preview thread been deleted, but to continue the theory that there is NO points deduction for Port to wear the prison bars.

These are the AFL Regulations for 2021. They are written for a specific reason. To be followed.

Section 4.4
4.4 Wearing of the Uniform (a) The uniform to be worn by a Club during the Home and Away Matches shall be as directed by the Executive General Manager Football or their appointee. Sanction: Up to 20 Units for each Player wearing an incorrect uniform, payable by the Player’s Club

Where is it mentioned that a club wearing an incorrect uniform has a sanction of points deduction?

Either - Kochie is lying, there has been no mention of a points deduction; or Gill/the Commission has made a baseless threat, as Port could argue that per the Regulations, the only sanction is a financial one.

But that doesn't suit Port's agenda. If Kochie says there's a points deduction, well that's that. They're not going to risk losing premiership points. I remember the interview where Kochie stated the points deduction. It was with Will & Pembo (guys, we know you read this board, so follow this up, eh?) Kochie said they'd be willing to pay the fine, but its a points deduction so therefore they can't do anything.

Bull and sh*t. Its a financial sanction only as the Regulations say. Ask Gill if its a points deduction. He'll either say no, or if he says yes ask why the Regulations only impose a financial sanction.

Port just can't afford to pay the financial penalty so are making up a points penalty,
They are making up the points penalty so their supporters once again have an 'us V them' issue to rally against.
Look at the big bad AFL threatening to take points away from us if we wear a guernsey that is our God given right to wear. They just want to pull us down. Poor us.

It's laughably obvious to all except the Port supporters who lap it up.

subaru

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bay 13: Flog of the Year
Nov 14, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
Asteroid now
West Coast are Right Wing Supremicists....
Stuart McGill was kidnapped - WTF....
And Dean Laidley is now Ms Dani Laidley and running with the “she” pronoun while suing the Vic police .....
I can’t....
I just don’t ....
I can’t even .........

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
I wonder the ratio between social media posts : actually physically going out to help the disadvantaged and marginalised.
you are not supposed to say that..don't you realise the online virtue signalers think they do far more good for the world that anyone ever could by actually helping the disadvantaged etc

Aug 21, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
1620185009173.png

Quick somebody tell Steph Curry he's a racist

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
View attachment 1119073

Quick somebody tell Steph Curry he's a racist
I thought it only became racist when you did the “ok” gesture upside down like the eagles lads had their hands?...

in that, in doing it upside down your three straight fingers represent a ”w’ and your middle finger with your thumb and index finger form a “p”.. all up forming the initials “wp” for white power..

still, i only knew of it from it being pointed out on the news last year during the BLM protests when some US police officers were caught doing it at the protests..

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
first I heard of it was when the Christchurch gunman was in court after his massacre and he was doing it

which was obviously, in context, exactly what he was trying to convey

I don't doubt the Eagles players were ignorant of that meaning, but it's been fairly established for a little while now

The most ridiculous part of that picture is the fact they’re all in masks

yeah no doubt -

the whole thing is stupid - either they need to be wearing masks while out, which would then mean they shouldn't be playing footy, or it's ok for them to play footy and the masks are then redundant

Aug 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
first I heard of it was when the Christchurch gunman was in court after his massacre and he was doing it

which was obviously, in context, exactly what he was trying to convey

I don't doubt the Eagles players were ignorant of that meaning, but it's been fairly established for a little while now

yeah no doubt -

the whole thing is stupid - either they need to be wearing masks while out, which would then mean they shouldn't be playing footy, or it's ok for them to play footy and the masks are then redundant
Most footballers play video games and watch other sports in their down time. Current affairs would be waaaay down the list.

Tbh I knew there was a suspect hand signal, but I couldn't remember what it was.

I haven't seen anyone play the circle game in about 15 years and even at that time it was old and juvenile.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Commentators saying Berg didn't do anything wrong there

hberg-q4-434-gif.1118693
That passage of play should have been a GOTY candidate.

Perfect spoil then backs up the spoil with a ground ball win, kicking a goal.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America

Section 4.4

Yeah Kochie just made that up.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Absolutely fascinating, you never ever get to hear this so it makes for intriguing listening.

Imagine listening to Nicks in the box telling the staff to get medical sub - Lynch on, better still imagine the comments by him about Mackay.

Anyways.

Jun 29, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
no contract that long ever works out

Only way it can really go pear shaped is if he ends up struggling with injuries like Buddy. He is on good money but not crazy money so it shouldn’t do damage financially.

A player that good willing to sign long term on decent money rather demanding crazy money and putting your list in jeopardy i think is a good thing. Grundy for example!

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
MOD NOTE: Remember when I said take it to the politics thread? I meant it, and when I use the past tense like that, I really meant it

MOD NOTE: Third warning, does anyone else want to find out if I really meant it? Take it to the Politics thread FFS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back