Trades 2021 Round 4 Fantasy Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man this is going to be a tough week at the trade table!!

Players that need to be traded out
JDG
Highmore
Bergman
Dow

Players that I want in
Tex
Burgess
Dev

Currently thinking, if Dow goes OK today...
JDG > Tex
Highmore > Burgess

Don't think I can roll with only Kosi as my def bench so need to support that, but a double down grade and missing Tex (and keeping JDG) seems wrong, but then I miss Dev for another week!!

Witts to Robertson move Flynn to R2
Caldwell to Gaff

that’s the plan and bank the cash. (Can probably afford Tex instead of Robertson however need to work out how to field whoever I bring in)

Flynn 99% chance to break his leg now that the plan has been locked in 🙃

Man this is going to be a tough week at the trade table!!

Players that need to be traded out
JDG
Highmore
Bergman
Dow

Players that I want in
Tex
Burgess
Dev

Currently thinking, if Dow goes OK today...
JDG > Tex
Highmore > Burgess

Don't think I can roll with only Kosi as my def bench so need to support that, but a double down grade and missing Tex (and keeping JDG) seems wrong, but then I miss Dev for another week!!
Surely Highmore gets another crack this week...

Surely Highmore gets another crack this week...

Annoyingly, I agree - having traded him out this week, I'm expecting now that Kosi will be dropped and I'll have no bench cover next week in defence.... Highmore will be back next week and score 60-odd...

Webster and highmore.. or at least one if them, you'd think will be back. So priorities are obviously Witts out but not sure what else.. alot of money to be made by tex, burgess, etc. Also as I mentioned last week.. if Wright stays as ruck he's another fwd option. Don't think you can not bring tex in.. just a matter of who he comes in for with the Witts trade already an issue

Might have to hold witts for a week with meek on.. tex in for DeShitty, then up witts next week. Sorry for thinking out loud haha

Might have to hold witts for a week with meek on.. tex in for DeShitty, then up witts next week. Sorry for thinking out loud haha

Agree. I'm probably running with Witts at R3, Flynn to R2. Meek stays in as Utility for another week.

Stephenson to Tex.
Someone (possibly Berry) to Robertson.

Week after I'll try to figure out what I'm actually doing....

Think I’ll have to skip Tex to get Robertson and Burgess. Does it look like he’s definitely got that ruck role? Gold Coast play Saturday night so I guess we should know before the 2nd game

Burgess can be a Round 5 in for me.... Need to watch another week...

Think I’ll have to skip Tex to get Robertson and Burgess. Does it look like he’s definitely got that ruck role? Gold Coast play Saturday night so I guess we should know before the 2nd game
Dew said "its obviously Chris next week.. we'll see after that" when he was asked. I think the role is there.. not sure he'll kick 2 goals each week though haha

Burgess can be a Round 5 in for me.... Need to watch another week...
Dew said "its obviously Chris next week.. we'll see after that" when he was asked. I think the role is there.. not sure he'll kick 2 goals each week though haha
If it is him and he has the role then he’s got Pittinet next week, then English/Stef, then Hickey. So not completely s**t.

Not sure on any potentially incoming defence rookies so he might be a shoe in to make coin similar to Tex at his price and gives the extra back up in defence with Highmore’s iffy JS

Robertson looks a must have as well. Super friendly role but wonder how that changes when Berry comes back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have fomo of tex vs the witches hats next week
Yeah he's pretty much guaranteed to come in for JDG for me this week.
Plenty on the Port board saying Bergman comes straight back in and Highmore a chance too.
If both those guys look like getting back into their respective 22's I'll go
JDG > Tex
Dow > Dev

Can I be honest about our performance against North...

I don't think we really got out of third gear. Individually, for moments - players did. But as a team, I think we just cruised for the most part...

I'd be worried about someone really putting the foot down...

Can I be honest about our performance against North...

I don't think we really got out of third gear. Individually, for moments - players did. But as a team, I think we just cruised for the most part...

I'd be worried about someone really putting the foot down...

I agree with that assessment. The counter argument is that teams usually lift the following week when they put in a performance that bad and face the blow torch all week. North might just be so awful that they don’t have the raw ability or talent to do that, but it’s rare that any team has that bad a performance two weeks running. Tex might be getting them a week too late.

I agree with that assessment. The counter argument is that teams usually lift the following week when they put in a performance that bad and face the blow torch all week. North might just be so awful that they don’t have the raw ability or talent to do that, but it’s rare that any team has that bad a performance two weeks running. Tex might be getting them a week too late.

Agree. However, North in the lead up to the Dogs game were promoting this as their response to last week....

it lasted one quarter...

Agree. However, North in the lead up to the Dogs game were promoting this as their response to last week....

it lasted one quarter...

I take it all back then. Tex to kick 15 and my tv screen to get a remote through it as non-owner

I expect them to be better next week, but Adelaide are playing well and Tex is on fire currently...
I can't help but think that North will throw everything they can at stopping Tex!

I mean Tex has kicked 17 of the crows 40 goals this season, that 42.5%!
It's nearly worth a permanent double team!!

Tex as C a real chance next week

Got Witts to deal with but with 340k in the kitty that's an easy swap to Grundy.

Robertson/Burgess probably the other trade in, but Darcy Parish is really tempting me

I expect them to be better next week, but Adelaide are playing well and Tex is on fire currently...

Ok everybody, it’s rant time, buckle in...

Bringing Tex in this week just feels like it goes against everything I’ve ever learnt from this game. A key forward at around $560,000? Yeah nah. As much as the game in 2021 seems to have become a key forward’s paradise (for now) I just don’t think I can do it. The negative break even can be bit deceptive on a player at Tex’s price. A lot of people are saying they just want to ride the price rises, but say Tex scores 70 this week and 70 the next, he will rise by around $48,000 and then $16,000, then he will start losing money if he keeps going at 70 after that. So there’s a real risk that he only makes $64,000 and then needs to be traded again. Meanwhile Robertson and Burgess could be making $100k+ each over the next fortnight, then even more after that, AND no need to burn a trade until they’ve fully fattened.

I was one of the ones that brought in Westhoff one year when he’d started with back to back 150s (might have been 2012 or 2013 at an absolute guess?) to “ride the price rises” and although it wasn’t an absolute disaster it did prove to be less effective than trading in a rookie who makes as much cash if not more, but with the added problem of having a substandard premo to deal with later. If there were no rookies available then Tex would still be a solid play this week, but with Robertson and Burgess both likely to make as much/more cash than him over the next few weeks then I don’t think he’s a must have even though the FOMO is huge even for me.

I feel like the week to bring him in was the week just gone (and kudos to Shadow89 and others who did that... wish I’d gone Tex instead of Butters). That way you had him before others did and you got the benefit of that whopping 136. It would have got you a real jump on the competition. This week a LOT will be targeting him, so there’s very little to be gained over everybody else. I’m the sort of person who tends to zig when others zag, so I’ll be opting for the far less exciting double downgrade this week and hoping North can shut the old boy down to a score of 70 or less.

Rant over, sorry... :$

Don't want to alarm anybody but swans will be coming off a 5 day break when they face essendon. I expect one of our first year players to get rested, hopefully it's Logan rested for Buddy.

But I have a sick, sick feeling that it might be Campbell that gets a spell. Would be so typical if that's the case, I bring him back in after this huge score to ride the cash gen and safe scoring...only for him to spud up and then get rested. So typical.

Already resigned to the fact that I will be stuck with JDG for another week.

Ok everybody, it’s rant time, buckle in...

Bringing Tex in this week just feels like it goes against everything I’ve ever learnt from this game. A key forward at around $560,000? Yeah nah. As much as the game in 2021 seems to have become a key forward’s paradise (for now) I just don’t think I can do it. The negative break even can be bit deceptive on a player at Tex’s price. A lot of people are saying they just want to ride the price rises, but say Tex scores 70 this week and 70 the next, he will rise by around $48,000 and then $16,000, then he will start losing money if he keeps going at 70 after that. So there’s a real risk that he only makes $64,000 and then needs to be traded again. Meanwhile Robertson and Burgess could be making $100k+ each over the next fortnight, then even more after that, AND no need to burn a trade until they’ve fully fattened.

I was one of the ones that brought in Westhoff one year when he’d started with back to back 150s (might have been 2012 or 2013 at an absolute guess?) to “ride the price rises” and although it wasn’t an absolute disaster it did prove to be less effective than trading in a rookie who makes as much cash if not more, but with the added problem of having a substandard premo to deal with later. If there were no rookies available then Tex would still be a solid play this week, but with Robertson and Burgess both likely to make as much/more cash than him over the next few weeks then I don’t think he’s a must have even though the FOMO is huge even for me.

I feel like the week to bring him in was the week just gone (and kudos to Shadow89 and others who did that... wish I’d gone Tex instead of Butters). That way you had him before others did and you got the benefit of that whopping 136. It would have got you a real jump on the competition. This week a LOT will be targeting him, so there’s very little to be gained over everybody else. I’m the sort of person who tends to zig when others zag, so I’ll be opting for the far less exciting double downgrade this week and hoping North can shut the old boy down to a score of 70 or less.

Rant over, sorry... :$

Yeah I kinda agree, I don't think I'd do it this week, last week was the week to jump on (or Rd 2/starting with him) Youve missed his 90k rise already and there's other that will make u more cash, as tempting as the North game looks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back