News 2021 St.Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't disagree with any of it, how could you? The article basically says 1. The Hannebery trade hasn't worked out because he has been injured and 2. Brad Hill is playing poorly although I have no idea why. They are the two most obvious observations I've ever seen.

The article is what I would expect if I asked a 10 year old to write an article about Hannebery and Hill.

I actually like Robbo and find him pretty funny and likeable. But that article is a joke, he probably wrote it on his phone whilst taking a dump.

I look forward to his next think piece... "The Saints are missing goals and it's hurting their chances of winning!"
That's his style though.

He's an uneducated drunkard with previous pretentions of being a journalist, but now employed by FoxFooty as a kind of Jim Jeffries-style loudmouth brainfarter to counterbalance the over-genteel nature of Gerard Wheatley and in the tabloids he's styled as the Working Man's Mouthpiece, with scant attention paid to coherence or cohesion.

If he learned how to write like a coherent adult capable of joined-up thinking, he'd probably be in danger of losing his job.

He was out there wasn’t he?
And he hurt his back Thursday, what’s the excuse for the couple of games before that?
Let’s stop making excuses for sub par performances like St Kilda fans always want to do.
Bar two games Max has been awful this year, you only need to look at other young KPF’s to see how far off it he currently is.
I think he will be a star but let’s not make excuses for poor games.
I'm not making excuses, but he hasn't been lazy and soft like you said. That is just over the top.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best thing he could do, he seems to be such a good natured bloke.

As he said, he is trying to do his best.
Game plan doesn’t help him.

he excels when the team holds possession.

we try get it from the back half to the forward half as quick as possible.

the fit is wrong.

the fit is wrong.
oh good, lets just get rid of him then.

the fit is wrong.

I think we got him for Richo's game plan and by the time it was executed Ratts had changed to a more West Coast style kick and mark game. I don't think Ratts is a very flexible coach, he has a way he wants to play and doesn't flex around the list he has in front of him. Good coaches like Hardwick make the most of what is in front of them. Hill should be tried as a small forward or high half forward.

I think we got him for Richo's game plan and by the time it was executed Ratts had changed to a more West Coast style kick and mark game. I don't think Ratts is a very flexible coach, he has a way he wants to play and doesn't flex around the list he has in front of him. Good coaches like Hardwick make the most of what is in front of them. Hill should be tried as a small forward or high half forward.
Personal opinion is that bad players don’t win Best and Fairest’s and are on the cusp of all Australian guernseys under Ross Lyon.

now my eyes tell me that Hill runs... a lot. So he can’t be entirely to blame for his issues because the effort to get to and from contests is there.
also tell me our defensive scheme is terrible and our goal kicking conversion is worse.

if Ratten won’t adapt and wants to play this slingshot long bomb style Without change. Without evolution. He won’t be coach in 2023 - because he won’t have results that support it.

I think, instead of having this Poor attempt at being Richmond - we look at a more system/methodical approach like west coast - that will make the most of the list build.

Personal opinion is that bad players don’t win Best and Fairest’s and are on the cusp of all Australian guernseys under Ross Lyon.

now my eyes tell me that Hill runs... a lot. So he can’t be entirely to blame for his issues because the effort to get to and from contests is there.
also tell me our defensive scheme is terrible and our goal kicking conversion is worse.

if Ratten won’t adapt and wants to play this slingshot long bomb style Without change. Without evolution. He won’t be coach in 2023 - because he won’t have results that support it.

I think, instead of having this Poor attempt at being Richmond - we look at a more system/methodical approach like west coast - that will make the most of the list build.

I think Ratts is going for WCEs we move it long and direct which is fast but it's not run and gun and barrel forward like Richmond. To me we look to be wanting to be the Eagles or peak Hawks but have the skills of an ammos side so make a meal of it. Richo was more a Richmond style and in 2021 that style would probably be paying off. Melbourne have more of the Richo style this year and the stand rules make it much more effective because players can dispose under less pressure.

Definitely set shot conversion is making us look much worse than we are as well and our defence looks like it hasn't been able to set up properly all year, part of that is our midfield not slowing the ball coming down too. generally we don't seem to like to work hard, we don't spread or offer second options for each other.

I think Ratten is a good coach and also think he's flexible enough. He said it himself that that was one thing he learned from Clarkson was the need to have gameplans ABC. XYZ etc

We have completely changed our game plan from the start of the year but we just don't have the players on the field atm to pull anything off successfully.

He's 1.5 seasons in and he took us to finals in his first year. I'm not worried about Ratten.

I think Ratten is a good coach and also think he's flexible enough. He said it himself that that was one thing he learned from Clarkson was the need to have gameplans ABC. XYZ etc

We have completely changed our game plan from the start of the year but we just don't have the players on the field atm to pull anything off successfully.

He's 1.5 seasons in and he took us to finals in his first year. I'm not worried about Ratten.
When are we going to see gameplan B?

I think Ratts is going for WCEs we move it long and direct which is fast but it's not run and gun and barrel forward like Richmond. To me we look to be wanting to be the Eagles or peak Hawks but have the skills of an ammos side so make a meal of it. Richo was more a Richmond style and in 2021 that style would probably be paying off. Melbourne have more of the Richo style this year and the stand rules make it much more effective because players can dispose under less pressure.

Definitely set shot conversion is making us look much worse than we are as well and our defence looks like it hasn't been able to set up properly all year, part of that is our midfield not slowing the ball coming down too. generally we don't seem to like to work hard, we don't spread or offer second options for each other.

I think the WC model is definitely what he’s going for because that would explain his obsession with tall forwards. I know they won a flag but the low pressure minimal ground ball gameplan is tough to win a flag with, they only ended up winning it because their ground ball and pressure went through the roof in the 2018 finals. The Richmond/Melbourne game style is the way to go I would’ve thought.

That's his style though.

He's an uneducated drunkard with previous pretentions of being a journalist, but now employed by FoxFooty as a kind of Jim Jeffries-style loudmouth brainfarter to counterbalance the over-genteel nature of Gerard Wheatley and in the tabloids he's styled as the Working Man's Mouthpiece, with scant attention paid to coherence or cohesion.

If he learned how to write like a coherent adult capable of joined-up thinking, he'd probably be in danger of losing his job.
This is Gringo level austinnn.
Bravo

Yep.
Surely our data guru man from Hawthorn can design a game style that best suits the talents we have.
Never saw the point of copying the style of another team if you don’t have their players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back