Competitions 2021 Supercoach/AFL Fantasy Questions thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone starting R1 basically, until then it's a crapshoot. I usually just ram in a few of the higher priced ones as placeholders since you can then go down and save $$ once we see who's a likely starter.

Perkins is a chance imo, anyone drafted by North (Phillips & Powell) or Adelaide (Pedlar) as well. Macrae at Collingwood could start out on a wing too. Campbell at Sydney, Maginness at Hawks, Robertson at Brisbane, Bruhn at GWS (off a HBF potentially), Bianco at Collingwood, Cockatoo at Brisbane are all possibles. Plus anyone brought in during the SSP.

There's a few good midpricers through the midfield too; Heppell, Sloane, Rowell, Crouch (though I wouldn't take Sloane personally) so might end up going a little shallower on mid rookies and take more FWD / DEF depending on what teams look like.
I've gone 4 premiums (Neale, Petracca, Dangerfield, Martin), 2 mid pricers (Heppell, Caldwell) and the 5 rookies.

I have Perkins as F6 right now.

I've gone 4 premiums (Neale, Petracca, Dangerfield, Martin), 2 mid pricers (Heppell, Caldwell) and the 5 rookies.

I have Perkins as F6 right now.

I'd strongly reconsider Dangerfield and Martin right now.

Martin is too erratic (in my opinion at least) since he just isn't bothered during the H&A season, Dangerfield has some injury concerns. Both are spending more and more time up forward as well.

Neale should be solid, Petracca personally I think i'll have him as a wait-and-see prospect coming off shorter game times, but Merrett is one at that price point I think is tempting given how he finished the season (his scoring was averaging 127 over the last 6 games) that he's back in the leadership group, and has the history to be confident with the return to longer game times.

I'd strongly reconsider Dangerfield and Martin right now.

Martin is too erratic (in my opinion at least) since he just isn't bothered during the H&A season, Dangerfield has some injury concerns. Both are spending more and more time up forward as well.

Neale should be solid, Petracca personally I think i'll have him as a wait-and-see prospect coming off shorter game times, but Merrett is one at that price point I think is tempting given how he finished the season (his scoring was averaging 127 over the last 6 games) that he's back in the leadership group, and has the history to be confident with the return to longer game times.
I want some mid/forwards in there though, and I have my worries about Sidebottom and I'm never going back to Walters. And I also don't want 3 players from the same team in any line.

I want some mid/forwards in there though, and I have my worries about Sidebottom and I'm never going back to Walters. And I also don't want 3 players from the same team in any line.

Of the mid DPPs; Laird is a lock, I think Dunkley might have a good season (likely at the expense of Bontempelli), Sidebottom might pick up some extra points with no Treloar or Phillips (Adams & Pendlebury can only take so many, Daicos should jump too).

Danger & Dusty will be around the mark for Top-6 forwards, but I think there'll be some increasingly erratic scores and more time spent up forward for both. Walters who knows, Fyfe sounds likely to play more forward so no idea how that impacts Walters role / scoring.

Of the forwards I think Marshall is a strong option, with Bolton, Zac Bailey, Heeney, Langford (!), Jack Higgins and maybe even Tom Phillips all good options to add 5-10 ppg.

Thoughts on GCs pre draft selections? I was under the impression Alex Davies was good to go from R1. Might have just made that up though.
Thought by many as a first round selection minimum, if not borderline top 10 (eDPS?)

Hey Bombers fans,
I saw that Heppell completed the full training session yesterday. Do you think he'll be right for rd 1 and play the floating HB role?
Cheers

Hey Bombers fans,
I saw that Heppell completed the full training session yesterday. Do you think he'll be right for rd 1 and play the floating HB role?
Cheers
It looks likely, and he may well. I think he's a very good choice for that M5 spot (depending on how many rookies you use).

It looks likely, and he may well. I think he's a very good choice for that M5 spot (depending on how many rookies you use).
Looking at him v Milera. I don't see Milera doing much more than 80, and while he's 100k cheaper, Heppell can go 100 or close to IMO.

Looking at him v Milera. I don't see Milera doing much more than 80, and while he's 100k cheaper, Heppell can go 100 or close to IMO.

Heppell averaged mid-80's in his first couple of seasons in a similar role as a 18 / 19 year old, hasn't been under 90 since then in any season except 2020.

If I was to guess I'd think around a 90 average is about right if he's not playing full-time through the middle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah probably, I'm in an nfl dynasty league which is good fun, been out of supercoach for a couple years though. It's a money league?
I don't think it'll be for cash.

Hi guys... are we realistically expecting Hind to replicate or better his AAMI scores throughout the Home and Away season? Does his role/JS lead allow that?
There's currently a 3 way tussle for that half back spot. At his price I'm not sure he'll get enough of a price rise to justify it though.

Sorry to bump a relatively dormant thread, but I'm after some thoughts re: your ruck situation.

Obviously Draper is your #1 but the latest injury report suggests he'll be out a little while longer, and I doubt he comes straight back into the senior side after such a lengthy layoff.

So my question is - who do you think plays more senior games for the remainder of the year - Phillips or Bryan?

Sorry to bump a relatively dormant thread, but I'm after some thoughts re: your ruck situation.

Obviously Draper is your #1 but the latest injury report suggests he'll be out a little while longer, and I doubt he comes straight back into the senior side after such a lengthy layoff.

So my question is - who do you think plays more senior games for the remainder of the year - Phillips or Bryan?
Phillips is #2. Bryan isn’t strong enough for the gorilla types yet, he got his debut when Phillips was injured. So basically the question is whether Phillips gets injured 🤷‍♀️ Draper should be back around the bye, maybe Richmond before the bye otherwise straight after it. After that I don’t expect to see much of either of them.

Also Phillips should get his 50 games in a couple of weeks if Draper doesn’t come back. No idea if it’s of any consideration though.

What do you think of Cahill's JS now that he's been reintroduced? Likely to go back out on injury returns or is he a chance to hold his spot if he performs?

Cheers.
His job security will be poor I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back