Last edited:

roos_fanatic08

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Beautiful contested work D’Alioa again,
Showed some real composure and zip. Scully beautiful kick inside forward 50 to Cadman. Cadman misses. Two behinds for the quarter.

roos_fanatic08

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Wardlaw probably trying to do a bit much at the moment. Been caught twice HTB. Can’t break through the mature body tackles.

Scully looking the goods. Had two shots on goal for for 0.2

giantroo

Bleeding Blue and White
Sep 23, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Chicago Bulls
1st qtr notes

Lemmeys pickup off his shoe and pass to Ashcroft
Sheezels kick to Jefferson
D'Alaio kick I50 to Tsatas (Goal)
Hollands Roving
Clark's brute work inside
Munkara shot from the boundary
Hagans chase and tackle

Sphynx

Premiership Player
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Jesus, someone is going to luck out with Munkara.

Strikes me as the type that won’t go top 3, but someone will get a beauty in that top 10 with him.

I’d split picks to get him if we got another top 10 to with it.

Has the same aura about him as when I first watched Cyril.

Give me Cadman/Buss and Mukara thanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

roos_fanatic08

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Pretty contested first quarter. Not much clean footy inside 50. Academy playing well for one another. Standouts for me:

D’Aloia - one of the most impressive on field today. Not the most possessions but every possession counted, kicked a beauty from 50 to finish off a nice chain of footy. Has some burst in his running and tackles hard.

Clarke - probably close to BOG. Industrious, tough but has classy disposal. Rarely makes a mistake.

Cadman - work-rate through the roof. Couple of marks around the ground and a couple inside forward 50. No good in front of goal kicking 0.3.

Munkara - took a couple of beautiful marks. Glides across the park and looks as though his work rate is good. A beautiful combination of evasiveness, vision and the skills to hit the lowest % disposals.

Wardlaw - worked his way into the game, physical, hard working. So obvious that he doesn’t like being beaten around the contest, run and link up play has been good. Hands in tight super impressive. Tried to do a bit much early on and got done holding the ball. Adjusted to that in the 2nd quarter.

Scully - moves well, looks to take the ball at the highest point, very very neat skills for a guy his size. Hit a couple of really nice inside 50’s.
Hagan - He is a beauty. Tough, competitive and hardly got beaten. Awesome closing speed, tackles like a guy twice his size.

Ashcroft - can see why he is the captain. Leads from the front, busts his arse to get to every contest. Good balance between offence and defense. Good by hands but has been a bit inconsistent by foot.

Cowan - some really neat kicks off half back. Contests well in the air and looks composed when around the contest.

Tsatas - Gets involved. Kicked a nice goal. Has some toe and some run, but his disposal effective slides waaaay down when there is even a little bit of pressure.

Hollands and Gilbee been good too.

Haven’t seen much from Busslinger & Lemmy.

roos_fanatic08

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’ll do up a player by player report after the Nth game. Collingwood ended up winning by a few goals

roos_fanatic08

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Some notable SANFL under 18’s stats from today.

Matteas Phillipou - 33 disposals, kicked 3.2, 10 marks, 6 clearances and 5 tackles.

Isaac Keeler - 23 disposals, 1 goal, 4 marks, 7 clearances, 10 Hitouts, 6 inside 50’s.

archereleven

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 7, 2013
Cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons
Cooper Harvey had a ripper game yesterday. Was arguably the Knights best player. 25 disposals, 6 marks, 5 tackles and kick 1.1. Played midfield and was working back and forward. Had a couple of rebound 50’s and a couple of inside 50’s.
Please tell me he kicks like his father...

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

roos_fanatic08

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Player Reviews All Aus Team

Jed Hagan - Have been a fan since I seen him late last year. He is just a tenacious competitor. Had some really good one on one wins, and drove the footy forward with some good link up play. Coughed up one goal with a poor kick, but played his role well. His tackling is elite.

Will Ashcroft - Workhorse. Gets to every contest and looks to impose himself. Tackling pressure was excellent, link up play was good but at times his kicking was a little scratchy. Has 250 game player written all over him. Probably just lacks that little bit of zip that might get exposed at AFL level.

Jhye Clark - classy workhorse. Such a natural footballer who knows when and where to run. Showed some really good vision by hand and foot which lead to a couple of nice inside 50’s for the academy. Inside work was really good. Biggest thing that stood out was how one touch he was. Very rarely fumbles.

George Wardlaw - firmed as the number one player in this years draft for me. Contested work was fantastic, but it was his explosiveness that impressed me most. On a number
Of occasions he burst from the stoppage and linked up with team mates. Got pinned for HTB trying to break through tackles in the first half but adjusted well in the 2nd half. His kicking is fantastic and he has quick fire hands in close.

Oliver Hollands - hadn’t seen much of Hollands prior to this game. Showed some real glimpses. Is deceptively fast, and sums up situations really quickly. Hit some really nice longer kicks that opened up the play for his team. His long kicking really stood out for mine. Classy.

Harry Sheezel - Didn’t really get his hands on it. Hardly any impact. Couple of nice tackles which highlighted his accountability.

Jaspa Fletcher - played mainly on the wing and showed some dash. Took the game on and had a few nice long kicks inside 50. Has the potential to be a real game breaker.

Elijah Hewett - Little bit disappointing. Didn’t get much genuine inside time, often finding himself across half forward which isn’t his natural position. Looks like the type of player that needs to be the main ball winner in the midfield. Get more of an idea on him at the champs.

Alwyn Davey Jnr - Not much to comment on. Didn’t get much of the footy and didn’t have much of an influence.

Mitch Szybkowski - Bit of a bull on the inside. Always gets his hands free when under pressure and opened up the stoppages with his hands in close. Little bit on the slower side so I doubt he would appeal to North. Turned it over a few times by foot.

Anthony Munkara - Wow-wee. Classy. Can absolutely see why Souup rates him so highly. Took a couple of really nice marks and showed his talent around the contest where he was just about untackle-able. An excitement machine who just makes things happen. Same sort evasiveness and vision as Shai Bolton. Probably the most exciting player in this years draft class. Kicked a really nice goal and played a hand in a number of other scoring thrusts.

Elijah Tsatas - showed some nice run and carry, but didn’t have a whole heap of highlights. Looked rushed whenever there was a bit of pressure on him. Lacked a bit of composure around the contest. Hesitated around the contests a few too many times for my liking. At times he probably could have linked up better. Not sure if it was laziness or he was carrying a niggle. Considering how good his NAB league form had been I was a bit disappointed in some of his effort.

Adam D’Aloia - Loved his game. Showed some power and explosiveness and looked to move the footy at every chance. Broke a number of tackles with brute strength. Got on the end of one and kicked a beautiful 50m goal. See so much upside in his game.

Lachie Cowan - Didn’t get a heap of the footy but showed his long kicking at stages. Had a couple of goals kicked on him but looked as though he was playing off his man a bit. Probably a bit of a different game for him as when he plays for Tassie his teammates look for him at every chance.

Luke Teal - Probably the best defender on the ground. Good overhead, courageous and kept tight to his opponents. Really neat skills and positioned himself really well across the back half to mop up.

Jason Gilbee - torched the footy in the first half and looked rushed at times. Got caught out on Raines and had a couple of goals kicked on him early. Improved in the 2nd half where he showed a bit more run and carry and better defensive craft.

Max Michalanney - Didn’t get a heap of the pill but looked composed and assured when he did have it. Got a number of spoils in and won at least half a dozen one on ones. Looks as though he had really good closing speed.

Matt Jefferson - Didn’t get a heap of it but found a lot of space. Is super quick on the lead and has a nice leap, Kicked a nice goal and missed another. Looks a very natural forward.

Jedd Busslinger - Little bit disappointing. Didn’t do much wrong but just didn’t get a heap of the footy. Ended up with ten-ish disposals and 5 marks (not official stats). 2 of the marks were genuine intercepts. Kicking was very very neat. Looking forward to watching him more at the championships.

Harry Lemmey - disappointing. Not much influence. Didn’t get to show his aerial prowess. Had a couple of nice moments where he showed his athleticism below his knees with some good pick ups, but that was about it. Would want to show more at the champs or he might end up sliding down the draft order a bit.

Aaron Cadman - Battled and tried his heart out. Ended up with 1 goal 3 behinds (maybe 2). Really should’ve kicked 3. Is generally a good set shot goal kicker. Work rate is excellent often pushing up to the wings to provide an option.

Henry Hustwaite - Super impressive. Took a few contested marks and linked up across half back. Won a heap of 50-50 contests and looked composed with ball in hand. One to watch IMO.

Tom Scully - Looked the good in the first half, tapered off in the 2nd. Believe he ended up with 3 behinds. Took a few marks inside 50 but dropped a couple that he should have swallowed. He will probably clunk those in a few years time once he fills out. Had a beauty of an inside 50 that hit up Cadman in the first quarter. Despite his height he has no worries attacking the ground ball which was impressive. Also spent a bit of time in the ruck. Doesn’t look all that natural but showed some good spring in a few of the Centre bounces.

Jackson Broadbent - he was good without being outstanding, a number clean hitouts where he showed deft touch. His ruck craft reminded me of Goldy. Tried to get out to the wings to provide an outlet but dropped a few marks. Follow up work was neat. He looks like he wants the footy in his hands.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad