Draft 2022 AFLW Draft Analysis - Slice of Pie

Remove this Banner Ad

WA will be minus an AFLW Academy member for it though by the sounds of it, just not due to injury šŸ˜¬

hi Pie 4 Life, have just seen the "Zarlie Goldsworthy claims 2022 RM Central Medal" article

i have
Reese Sutton Calder Cannons,
5 ā€“ R2, 4 ā€“ R4, 1 ā€“ R5, 5 ā€“ R6, 3 ā€“ R7, 4 ā€“ R8, 4 ā€“ R10 = 26 votes

Jasmine Fleming Oakleigh Chargers
2 ā€“ R1, 5 ā€“ R2, 5 ā€“ R3, 5 ā€“ R6, 5 ā€“ R10 = 22 votes

Sofia Hurley Sandringham Dragons
5 ā€“ R1, 4 ā€“ R2, 2 ā€“ R7, 3 ā€“ R8, 4 ā€“ R10 = 18 votes

hi Pie 4 Life, have just seen the "Zarlie Goldsworthy claims 2022 RM Central Medal" article

i have
Reese Sutton Calder Cannons,
5 ā€“ R2, 4 ā€“ R4, 1 ā€“ R5, 5 ā€“ R6, 3 ā€“ R7, 4 ā€“ R8, 4 ā€“ R10 = 26 votes

Jasmine Fleming Oakleigh Chargers
2 ā€“ R1, 5 ā€“ R2, 5 ā€“ R3, 5 ā€“ R6, 5 ā€“ R10 = 22 votes

Sofia Hurley Sandringham Dragons
5 ā€“ R1, 4 ā€“ R2, 2 ā€“ R7, 3 ā€“ R8, 4 ā€“ R10 = 18 votes
You're right on Sutton and Fleming, for some dumb reason forgot to add the Chargers-Cannons game to the Excel doc. Hurley though did receive 5 votes in Round 8?

At least it didn't impact the outcome regardless, that would have been awkward given we literally have an engraved medal to give to Zarlie haha

You're right on Sutton and Fleming, for some dumb reason forgot to add the Chargers-Cannons game to the Excel doc. Hurley though did receive 5 votes in Round 8?

At least it didn't impact the outcome regardless, that would have been awkward given we literally have an engraved medal to give to Zarlie haha

haha yeah didn't affect outcome, well deserved win given Zarlie had a great season
yeah my bad on Hurley, added up wrong šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

still can't get my head around the 2006 birth girls Lucia Painter, Ash Centra and how good they'll be when their draft year comes along
i'm hoping my Tigers bomb that year to pick up one of them

just read RMC "AFLW Present & Future Draft Watch: Stars rise at national championships"

"Allies and NSW-ACT teammate Zarlie Goldsworthy will be nominating Victoria, with Melbourne closer to Sydney given the Rookie Me Central Medal winner is from Albury on the border."

is this 100% Pie 4 Life or just a hunch ?
this would be huge for the Vic clubs if true

just read RMC "AFLW Present & Future Draft Watch: Stars rise at national championships"

"Allies and NSW-ACT teammate Zarlie Goldsworthy will be nominating Victoria, with Melbourne closer to Sydney given the Rookie Me Central Medal winner is from Albury on the border."

100%, she confirmed it to RMC after the NSW/ACT v Tasmania/NT clash

Yes as PMBangers said, she confirmed it to us when we gave her the RMC Medal. Funny enough PMBangers must have been hiding because I don't remember him being there šŸ˜‰

100%, she confirmed it to RMC after the NSW/ACT v Tasmania/NT clash
Yes as PMBangers said, she confirmed it to us when we gave her the RMC Medal. Funny enough PMBangers must have been hiding because I don't remember him being there šŸ˜‰

Wow huge news for Victoria's draft
my top 5 in Vic is
Montana Ham WJ 178cm Mid
Charlotte Baskaran WJ 162cm Mid
Jasmine Fleming OC 165cm Mid
Amber Clarke DS 169cm Mid
Zarlie Goldsworthy MB 168cm Mid

so StKilda is going to be very happy now that Zarlie might be available at their pick
lucky bastards

my top 5 in Vic is
Montana Ham WJ 178cm Mid

so StKilda is going to be very happy now that Zarlie might be available at their pick
lucky bastards
Pretty sure that will be the consensus top five (order dependent on what the individual prefers) IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keen to hear update on tassie prospects

Whose now the next best at this stage in this draft after Claire Ransom?

I expect us to take a Vic player in round 1 then load up on tassie players (ransom and 2 others)
At this stage it would be Courtney Hingston followed by Candice Belbin (I had Belbin second start of the season). Ransom still well ahead, but theyā€™re the other two in the Allies squad. From an overage perspective Meagan Gaffney would be a good shout, had a good season.

my top 5 in Vic is
Montana Ham WJ 178cm Mid

lucky bastards
At the risk of making myself the target of ridicule, I'd prefer Hurley at St Kilda to at least Baskaran, if not others on that list. I'd also love for the Saints to get a mid plus Eardley if the league gives out sufficient draft assistance. I'm not at all sure, though, that the expansion teams won't look at it the same way, given they already have two picks.

From my perspective, the big winner with Goldsworthy nominating Vic is whoever is picking seventh. Right now that's Richmond, but trades and draft assistance could change that. That's also assuming teams see things the way I do which, based on past experience, I doubt.

At the risk of making myself the target of ridicule, I'd prefer Hurley at St Kilda to at least Baskaran, if not others on that list. I'd also love for the Saints to get a mid plus Eardley if the league gives out sufficient draft assistance. I'm not at all sure, though, that the expansion teams won't look at it the same way, given they already have two picks.

From my perspective, the big winner with Goldsworthy nominating Vic is whoever is picking seventh. Right now that's Richmond, but trades and draft assistance could change that. That's also assuming teams see things the way I do which, based on past experience, I doubt.
The other thing to keep in mind is Sydney should get Pick 1. Theyā€™d be mad not to go to Fremantle or Adelaide and say youā€™ve got a clear standout plauer in the Pool, whatā€™s it worth to you to get ahead of your rival? Then they can use West Coast and Port to raise the market value and create a bidding war.

At this stage it would be Courtney Hingston followed by Candice Belbin (I had Belbin second start of the season). Ransom still well ahead, but theyā€™re the other two in the Allies squad. From an overage perspective Meagan Gaffney would be a good shout, had a good season.
Belbin played for our vflw team last week for the first time 12 touches

Reckon sheā€™s on our radar after ransom

Belbin played for our vflw team last week for the first time 12 touches

Reckon sheā€™s on our radar after ransom
Yeah more so being another mid. Hingston a rebounding defender. But certainly in terms of longevity of performance, Belbin would be next. Hingston has just bolted up and had a couple of good performances for the Allies.

that's fair enough Vacuous Space, there's no right or wrong

what i like about Zarlie Goldsworthy, she's got huge upside (1st year playing footy, was in soccer before this season)
a great mid but also a great fwd, 9 games 224 disp 14 goals

she won RMC player of the year, which i hold higher than the NAB U/18 B&F (Clarke won it & Baskaran 2nd but Montana Ham not in the top 10 is a joke)

i think Saints list need a stronger body type player, i look at Hurley & she slight in body & would be brushed aside by bigger opponents 1st couple of years, need someone to step in 1st season

i'm doubting Ham & Baskaran will be available, Don's & Hawks will take them, it's out of Fleming, Clarke & Goldsworthy who slides

i doubt Cats who have the next pick after Saints would pass on Goldsworthy, if Saints went Hurley or even Mackenzie Eardley (compo picks aside)
Tigers after Cat's will take whoever is left (depends on Grace Egan trade value, 1st or 2nd Rd pick)

I'm one of the biggest Hurley fans going around, but I'm not convinced she plays as a full time midfielder at the next level, especially as more and more of the girls getting drafted as midfielders are closer to 175 cm has the years roll on

I'm one of the biggest Hurley fans going around, but I'm not convinced she plays as a full time midfielder at the next level, especially as more and more of the girls getting drafted as midfielders are closer to 175 cm has the years roll on

yeah i'm a big fan of Sofia Hurley, see her more an outside mid/winger at AFLW level
seems a much slighter build than say a mid like Ham/Baskaran/Goldsworthy/Fleming who look like a more stronger build, able to bash and crash
at AFLW level

haven't seen Hurley live, has she got lots pace like Clarke ?
is she quicker than most other players ?

i think Saints list need a stronger body type player, i look at Hurley & she slight in body & would be brushed aside by bigger opponents 1st couple of years, need someone to step in 1st season

i'm doubting Ham & Baskaran will be available, Don's & Hawks will take them, it's out of Fleming, Clarke & Goldsworthy who slides

i doubt Cats who have the next pick after Saints would pass on Goldsworthy, if Saints went Hurley or even Mackenzie Eardley (compo picks aside)
Tigers after Cat's will take whoever is left (depends on Grace Egan trade value, 1st or 2nd Rd pick)
I'm thinking Ham goes first, then Baskaran, Clarke and Fleming in whatever order. I've got Hurley to the Saints, Goldsworthy to the Cats and the Tigers (probably the Blues) taking Eardley, If the Saints don't get a priority pick first.

I see Hurley as a more physical player than Patrikios or Smith were at the same age. I think she plays AFLW straight away for whoever takes her and I really don't think she's going to get pushed around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back