Serong + Lloyd $1.514M
Steele + Sicily $1.520M

its a doosey.

Steele - 115
Sicily - 85

vs

Serong - 95
Lloyd - 100

Be going the top one IMO, given Steele's ceiling and having him as a captain option

TimmyD11

Team Captain
May 19, 2015
Kapunda
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Fulham FC
Rank Yeo, Serong, Maynard, Anderson, Thomas, Cogs, Cripps, Martin, Crouch and Butters in order of top pick to worst.

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
Rank Yeo, Serong, Maynard, Anderson, Thomas, Cogs, Cripps, Martin, Crouch and Butters in order of top pick to worst.

That's a tough one...so many mitigating factors, in terms of where they play, how much mid time they get, and if they're even available (Dusty and M. Crouch come to mind)

Assuming all are available, and most play in their preferred positions/best scoring positions (don't think Cogs will as I reckon he play up forward in Greene's absence alongside TT), this is how I'd rank them:

Serong - Midfield is bare, with Cerra gone, Mundy nursing an injury and Fyfe returning from injury/playing more forward in recent years, so he's got the perfect role coming into this season

Yeo - Best 22 player, first choice mid, and apparently uninterrupted pre-season which has him ticking all boxes. Can tackle his way to a good score even if he has a down game, and is well underpriced

M. Crouch - Assuming he's fit and ready to go, he's a huge bargain - but could be eased into it at half forward if the Crows want to be cautious. 105+ player if inside mid role is his again, but will likely go around 95-100 given Laird and Keays emergence/getting massive numbers themselves

Butters - Apparently been training with mids all summer, and has been pretty open about how he wants that full time mid role - and the coaches want him in it. Can play it to aplomb, as he showed early on before injury last year - so should be a lock as a Top 6 forward if he gets it

Dusty - Slimmed down, apparently looking to play more midfield, but dealing with a lot of personal issues/grief too. Big watch, but another who is massively underpriced if he gets enough mid time

T. Thomas - Huge finish to the year, and offers a point of difference in the midfield with his class and silky delivery - plus he's a goal kicking mid which are a dime a dozen too

Maynard - Apparently training with the mids, and has scored well in the past, even as a defender. If De Goey gets found guilty, he'd be pretty much a lock to assume that role - as De Goey probably gets kicked out of the mids as punishment/doesn't return at all

N. Anderson - Solid player with decent upside, but feel that with Rowell returning properly, Davies getting exposure, Bowes getting mid time and Fiorini and Touk being the other two first choice mids at the moment, that his scoring may actually dip this year rather than improve. Will be a watch over pre-season, but has always seemed a more half forward/mid player, than inside mid - when everyone is available

Cripps - Has huge upside, but I'm one who has been burnt several times - particularly last year when I got him in during the byes and he completely screwed me after having two 100+ games. Feel like he's just too slow for the new rules, and injury already seems to have caught up with him. Time will tell, but there's far more reliable around that price point, IMO

Cogs - Reckon he'll play forward for the first 6 games, and probably score around where he's priced at. Injury history isn't great, and he's gone from being omitted while holding the captaincy, to having a 3 way with Josh Kelly and Greene. Burnt me big time last year, when I was placed 11th in the 3rd round and he went down for a substantial score of 26. Absolute lock if he's an inside mid, but there are so many ahead of him who can't play the forward role as well as he can - so reckon that's where he stays 'til Greene returns, and maybe even longer

Last edited:

TimmyD11

Team Captain
May 19, 2015
Kapunda
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Fulham FC
That's a tough one...so many mitigating factors, in terms of where they play, how much mid time they get, and if they're even available (Dusty and M. Crouch come to mind)

Assuming all are available, and most play in their preferred positions/best scoring positions (Anderson hasn't had a second covid jab and won't be in their first mids group given their depth/don't think Cogs will as I reckon he play up forward in Greene's absence alongside TT), this is how I'd rank them:

Serong - Midfield is bare, with Cerra gone, Mundy nursing an injury and Fyfe returning from injury/playing more forward in recent years, so he's got the perfect role coming into this season

Yeo - Best 22 player, first choice mid, and apparently uninterrupted pre-season which has him ticking all boxes. Can tackle his way to a good score even if he has a down game, and is well underpriced

M. Crouch - Assuming he's fit and ready to go, he's a huge bargain - but could be eased into it at half forward if the Crows want to be cautious. 105+ player if inside mid role is his again, but will likely go around 95-100 given Laird and Keays emergence/getting massive numbers themselves

Butters - Apparently been training with mids all summer, and has been pretty open about how he wants that full time mid role - and the coaches want him in it. Can play it to aplomb, as he showed early on before injury last year - so should be a lock as a Top 6 forward if he gets it

Dusty - Slimmed down, apparently looking to play more midfield, but dealing with a lot of personal issues/grief too. Big watch, but another who is massively underpriced if he gets enough mid time

T. Thomas - Huge finish to the year, and offers a point of difference in the midfield with his class and silky delivery - plus he's a goal kicking mid which are a dime a dozen too

Maynard - Apparently training with the mids, and has scored well in the past, even as a defender. If De Goey gets found guilty, he'd be pretty much a lock to assume that role - as De Goey probably gets kicked out of the mids as punishment/doesn't return at all

Cripps - Has huge upside, but I'm one who has been burnt several times - particularly last year when I got him in during the byes and he completely screwed me after having two 100+ games. Feel like he's just too slow for the new rules, and injury already seems to have caught up with him. Time will tell, but there's far more reliable around that price point, IMO

Cogs - Reckon he'll play forward for the first 6 games, and probably score around where he's priced at. Injury history isn't great, and he's gone from being omitted while holding the captaincy, to having a 3 way with Josh Kelly and Greene. Burnt me big time last year, when I was placed 11th in the 3rd round and he went down for a substantial score of 26. Absolute lock if he's an inside mid, but there are so many ahead of him who can't play the forward role as well as he can - so reckon that's where he stays 'til Greene returns, and maybe even longer

Anderson - As mentioned above, had a bad reaction to the first jab, and now hasn't got the second one which puts him in violation of the covid 2 vaxx policy. Even if that wasn't a factor, isn't part of their first choice midfield, and would likely play at half forward, where he won't score great, and he's priced far 100K more than any of the aforementioned - shouldn't be a consideration

Great discussion. I did mean Noah Anderson but tbf I didn’t make that clear. Both are worth talking about though.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Anything to worry about Duncan still not joining full training?

And secondly instead of Butters what about Treloar (didn’t realise I could afford him) 🥴
With Duncan, if it was in a months time I'd be worried ....but this soon after Xmas, I'm fine with

Treloar is a good choice ....I've chopped and changed between Treloar and Dunkley

Who I have ATM which is controversial is English as a DPP .....for such a bad year & with all the negative press hes had .....his ave IMO could go up 10 points ....24 YO could now be in the sweet spot, and every chance he could still be #1 Ruck

Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
With Duncan, if it was in a months time I'd be worried ....but this soon after Xmas, I'm fine with

Treloar is a good choice ....I've chopped and changed between Treloar and Dunkley

Who I have ATM which is controversial is English as a DPP .....for such a bad year & with all the negative press hes had .....his ave IMO could go up 10 points ....24 YO could now be in the sweet spot, and every chance he could still be #1 Ruck
I’ve just realised if I downgrade Marchbank I can have Duncan and Darcy 🙏

Now just need someone to actually play regularly as cheap defender. 🤞

Neale4brownlow

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
I think Steele and Sicily. Think with Steele’s early fixture he’s a perfect C or loophole option every week
Steele - 115
Sicily - 85

vs

Serong - 95
Lloyd - 100

Be going the top one IMO, given Steele's ceiling and having him as a captain option

Cheers and agree. I think the captain option tips it over in steele/sicilys favour.
I've tried not having Steel in my side, but it just looks so much better with him at M1 and the C on top.

Neale4brownlow

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast

1. Cogs just due to forward status.
2. Serong for third year breakout
3. Maynard - could be in that top 10 forwards bracket.
4. the rest are equal last in my opinion as overpriced or injury concerns (or both).

Got him. I’ve upgraded him to the field. Do you think he will play. I assume so being 26 or whatever he is
Apparently training the house down etc

Not quick maybe a nuggety back pocked 50 to 60?

Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
If Freeman gets picked up by the suns in the SSP period before the season stats is it worth going a 4 deep rookie lineup in the midfield?

Crouch currently M5
Milera D4

Could be

Freeman (assuming 190k)
Hall
I’m running a 4 rookie midfield if there’s a good cheap one. Freeman would be perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back