Opinion 2022 Fantasy Player X vs Y vs Z

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m going much more the typical guns Nrooks set up this year and avoiding the mid pricers like Sicily, Rowell, Witts etc. I never pick them right and most the time they don’t become premium players so why bother starting with them I’m thinking this year.

Also going with the 4 big midfielders (Jelly M4) and running with 4 rookies as I think they will come close enough to matching some of the mid pricers while saving 2-300k.

My current on field price set up is;
900+ = 5
8-900 = 3
7-800 = 3
6-700 = 1
5-600 = 1
4-500 = 0
3-400 = 2
Below 300 = 7
900+ = 5
8-900 = 2
7-800 = 4
6-700 = 1
5-600 = 2
4-500 = 0
3-400 = 0
Below 300 = 8

I’ve got 4 x 900+ mids plus Hall. I assume you have 3 plus Hall and Gawn?

900+ = 5
8-900 = 2
7-800 = 4
6-700 = 1
5-600 = 2
4-500 = 0
3-400 = 0
Below 300 = 8

I’ve got 4 x 900+ mids plus Hall. I assume you have 3 plus Hall and Gawn?

Yep.

Did initially have an extra midfielder premo but after switching my R2 every second day I think I’m going to stay settled with Gawn and keep it simple.

Macrae is one of my first picked every year so I’d say option 1.

Super consistent, rarely injured and doesn’t get suspended.

He’s the perfect fantasy player in my view and I’ll never not start him as then I’ll kick myself every 120+ he knocks out.
Personally I see Macrae as the 4th-6th best scorer this year, so he's an upgrade target for mine.
I think Steele, Titch and Mills will be the best 3 this year(115+ avg) and the opportunity to start with all three is just too good to pass up!

I have Macrae, Miller, Merrett, Walsh, Oliver and Lyons (112-115 avg) in the next group, followed closely by Petracca, Laird, Neale, Wines and Adams (108-112 avg)

Personally I see Macrae as the 4th-6th best scorer this year, so he's an upgrade target for mine.
I think Steele, Titch and Mills will be the best 3 this year(115+ avg) and the opportunity to start with all three is just too good to pass up!

I have Macrae, Miller, Merrett, Walsh, Oliver and Lyons (112-115 avg) in the next group, followed closely by Petracca, Laird, Neale, Wines and Adams (108-112 avg)

I’m not sure where I sit with Mills. He was a great early pick for me last year and looked amazing all year but still somewhat concerned his Achilles issue could flame up again now? Thought I read somewhere he was still carrying that in the PS for quite some time and being managed. Although he’s back training now I believe though so could be all good but he burnt me last year with the covid stuff so maybe I’m just holding a grudge

I currently have all 4 of these. Hoping by time season rolls around I'll be able to afford them all lol

For mine, Walsh is in the first group, and Mills is in the second. I actually think Walsh could be the highest scoring player in the comp this year - such has been his meteoric rise. Not to mention he's put on more size, has a massive tank, gets +6's at will, kicks goals and now has much more support in the mids to allow him to do as he pleases.

For mine, Walsh is in the first group, and Mills is in the second. I actually think Walsh could be the highest scoring player in the comp this year - such has been his meteoric rise. Not to mention he's put on more size, has a massive tank, gets +6's at will, kicks goals and now has much more support in the mids to allow him to do as he pleases.
Do you think he'll manage tags ok?

Hall and Neale vs Lloyd and Walsh

Currently have Maynard at D2 in my team, chasing value this year and he's certainly value IF he get's the touted mid time.
With the slightly easier salary cap this year, I'm going as much for a guns and rooks strategy as I can.

My aim is to only start with 3-4 players in the $300-$600K price range

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ive found those 2 very hard to separate.

Having said that something will go wrong and need to downgrade M4 anyway 😂

Yeah I've played with both Mills and Walsh at M3.
If Mills is over his injury I see him slightly higher for the following reason......
  • Better service from Syd rucks
  • Better service out of the backline for plus 6's and link up's
  • Less competition for ball

All that said, if Rowell looks really good in the pre-season, I may end up having a starting midfield of Steele, Titch, Mills, Walsh, Rowell + rooks!!

With the slightly easier salary cap this year, I'm going as much for a guns and rooks strategy as I can.

My aim is to only start with 3-4 players in the $300-$600K price range
I was listening to a podcast today that discussed the new salary cap. Apparently despite the 13% inflation in prices across the board, basement rookies (190k) only received a ~10% increase, and top-priced rookies (JFH, Daicos, Ward etc.) only ~7.5%.

It makes a pure guns n' rookies strategy more attractive because you're fully maximising the value of the higher salary cap, if that makes sense.

Anyone care to take a punt on Dunkley ($767k) vs. Treloar ($731k)?

Treloar has averaged 100+ six times across his career whereas Dunkley has only done it once, in 2019.

Both are injury prone, but you'd feel more comfortable with Dunkley's busted shoulders than Treloar's incessant soft tissue problems.

Bevo is again, like always, the elephant in the room. It seemed like Treloar had a wing stitched up for most of 2021, whereas Dunkley's role was far more unpredictable - he played as a pressure forward upon returning from injury, if I recall correctly, though it's likely the coaches were just nursing him back to fitness. Dunkley's also shown the capacity to score well without a high percentage of CBAs, which makes his role less of a concern than others.

There's an awful lot of mouths to feed in that midfield. That said, I thought the same thing last year and the entire midfield unit still scored well, so who knows.

I'm not game enough to take both, but that's certainly a viable option, too.

Treloar has averaged 100+ six times across his career whereas Dunkley has only done it once, in 2019.

Both are injury prone, but you'd feel more comfortable with Dunkley's busted shoulders than Treloar's incessant soft tissue problems.

Bevo is again, like always, the elephant in the room. It seemed like Treloar had a wing stitched up for most of 2021, whereas Dunkley's role was far more unpredictable - he played as a pressure forward upon returning from injury, if I recall correctly, though it's likely the coaches were just nursing him back to fitness. Dunkley's also shown the capacity to score well without a high percentage of CBAs, which makes his role less of a concern than others.

There's an awful lot of mouths to feed in that midfield. That said, I thought the same thing last year and the entire midfield unit still scored well, so who knows.

I've got both.

Personally I think Dunks ceiling is too hard to ignore when he gets the right role which he started with last year. Soft tissue injuries are more worrying IMO. Dunks for me. If he starts this year the same as he did last year he becomes one of the top averaging players in the league

Now while I have you, can you tell me anything about Gresham and H Clark’s pre season

I was listening to a podcast today that discussed the new salary cap. Apparently despite the 13% inflation in prices across the board, basement rookies (190k) only received a ~10% increase, and top-priced rookies (JFH, Daicos, Ward etc.) only ~7.5%.

It makes a pure guns n' rookies strategy more attractive because you're fully maximising the value of the higher salary cap, if that makes sense.
How many rookies do you think you'll start?

Good question. I just “downgraded” to Treloar to free up cash to get Gawn. I had $100k leftover. Think I’d prefer Dunkley when the time comes if I can though

Do you think he'll manage tags ok?

With Hewett making life hell for other oppo mids, I can't see tags being a problem for him - especially with his increased strength in the contest

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back