Position 2022 Fantasy Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

2021 Rookies Scoring in U18's
Rookies 2021 Fantasy scoring

Some lacklustre scoring ability and uncertain landing spots cast a bit of doubt over the next batch of draft hopefuls. There are some exciting talents in the range who could all be off the board in the latter first/early second round with Subiaco product Matthew Johnson and Glenelg excitement machine Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera expected to lead the charge. Even though there are concerns, there is certainly promise amongst this group and landing in the right spot could be the key to unlocking fantasy potential early in the respective AFL careers of these 10 young guns.

Campbell Chesser: ...........3 NAB League games, 68 AVG
Toby Conway: ..................6 NAB League games, 69 AVG
Blake Howes: ..................7 NAB League games, 64 AVG
Matthew Johnson: ..........3 WAFL League games 34 AVG; 4 WAFL Reserve games 85.7 AVG; 6 WAFL Colts games 92.2 AVG
Jesse Motlop: .................8 WAFL League games, 47.4 AVG; 1 WAFL Reserve game 34 AVG; 4 WAFL Colts games 66 AVG
Machito Owens ...............5 NAB League games, 71 AVG
Angus Sheldrick: ............9 WAFL Colts games, 102.2 AVG
Jake Soligo: ...................7 NAB League games, 89 AVG
Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera: 4 SANFL League games, 28.8 AVG; 13 SANFL reserve games 66.5 AVG
Darcy Wilmot: ................7 NAB League games, 54 AVG

Keep An Eye On

Now things are starting to get interesting. Some draft enthusiasts may be surprised to find touted prospect Finn Callaghan in this category, despite the heavy interest from teams to draft the athletic midfielder in the top-5. Even though Callaghan possesses all the tools to become Marcus Bontempelli 2.0, he will likely take some time to grow into such a prestigious footballer – offering less value as a cash cow for fantasy coaches in 2021. Hard-working midfielder Neil Erasmus and Stingrays ball-magnet Connor MacDonald could become factors in the new fantasy season with engine room gun Tyler Sonsie and dashing half-back Josh Sinn other names you should add to your preseason watchlist.

Finn Callaghan: ..........6 NAB League games, 87 AVG
Arlo Draper: ...............2 SANFL League games, 50 AVG; 3 SANFL Reserves games, 65 AVG; 9 SANFL U-18 games, 102.7 AVG
Neil Erasmus: ............4 WAFL colts games, 108.7 AVG
Mitchell Knevitt: ........9 NAB League games, 87 AVG
Connor MacDonald: ...4 NAB League games, 121 AVG
Josh Sinn: .................5 NAB League games, 70 AVG
Tyler Sonsie: .............5 NAB League games, 83 AVG
Zac Taylor: ................7 NAB League games, 96 AVG

The Cream Of The Crop

Nick Daicos: ..............5 NAB League games, 136 AVG
Josh Goater: .............7 NAB games, 88 AVG
Ben Hobbs: ...............5 NAB games, 86 AVG
Jason Horne-Francis: .20 SANFL games, 77.7 AVG
Josh Rachele: ...........4 NAB League games, 92 AVG
Josh Ward: ...............5 NAB League games, 101 AVG

Some lacklustre scoring ability and uncertain landing spots cast a bit of doubt over the next batch of draft hopefuls. There are some exciting talents in the range who could all be off the board in the latter first/early second round with Subiaco product Matthew Johnson and Glenelg excitement machine Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera expected to lead the charge. Even though there are concerns, there is certainly promise amongst this group and landing in the right spot could be the key to unlocking fantasy potential early in the respective AFL careers of these 10 young guns.

Matthew Johnson: ..........3 WAFL League games 34 AVG; 4 WAFL Reserve games 85.7 AVG; 6 WAFL Colts games 92.2 AVG
Jesse Motlop: .................8 WAFL League games, 47.4 AVG; 1 WAFL Reserve game 34 AVG; 4 WAFL Colts games 66 AVG
Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera: 4 SANFL League games, 28.8 AVG; 13 SANFL reserve games 66.5 AVG

Keep An Eye On

Now things are starting to get interesting. Some draft enthusiasts may be surprised to find touted prospect Finn Callaghan in this category, despite the heavy interest from teams to draft the athletic midfielder in the top-5. Even though Callaghan possesses all the tools to become Marcus Bontempelli 2.0, he will likely take some time to grow into such a prestigious footballer – offering less value as a cash cow for fantasy coaches in 2021. Hard-working midfielder Neil Erasmus and Stingrays ball-magnet Connor MacDonald could become factors in the new fantasy season with engine room gun Tyler Sonsie and dashing half-back Josh Sinn other names you should add to your preseason watchlist.

Arlo Draper: ...............2 SANFL League games, 50 AVG; 3 SANFL Reserves games, 65 AVG; 9 SANFL U-18 games, 102.7 AVG

The Cream Of The Crop

Clark? 😛

My My .....RICH supporter who doesn't know his player .....Clarke

Does he get a game with the plethora of smalls at RICH ?
I meant the old balls WC guy 😂

Ours I don’t think is relevant but I did lose interest in the draft and our pre season about 4 years ago so could be wrong 🥴

I meant the old balls WC guy 😂

Ours I don’t think is relevant but I did lose interest in the draft and our pre season about 4 years ago so could be wrong 🥴
LOVE Draft time ....my favourite time of the year

WC's Clark probably not mentioned because he's not a true rookie out of the U18's ......but he plays IMO

His WAFL ave would be huge I’d imagine with the tackles

I heard his WAFL average for the year was 114

But yeah he’s a beast 193cm mid who is built like a god.

Just didn’t get drafted early even though he was u18 wa captain at the time because he didn’t have the right attitude.

Hungry 24yo gonna be another Matt priddis scorer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Before people go a teensy bit toooo reactionary on JHF (or Simpkin for that matter) bear in mind it was an intra club practice match in February. I doubt Simpkin was trying that hard or going flat out to beat the new rookie sensation and kill his confidence.

Also bear in mind that whenever David King predicts something, the opposite tends to happen.

Before people go a teensy bit toooo reactionary on JHF (or Simpkin for that matter) bear in mind it was an intra club practice match in February. I doubt Simpkin was trying that hard or going flat out to beat the new rookie sensation and kill his confidence.

Also bear in mind that whenever David King predicts something, the opposite tends to happen.
Nup I've seen enough from that 17 second scratch match footage

JHF > Simpkin

Mitch Hibberd was doing everything Greg Clark was doing in 2nd comp of year drafted

Basically same player

Clark has greater opportunity at eagles if injuries occur whereas dons were too deep in mids. The onky difference really

Keep An Eye On

The Cream Of The Crop

Pretty sure chesser got injured on a zero in one of his games, might be dragging his average down in this

yep chesser injured a bit last year but isnt a huge accumulator from what he was at 18s but that might change if he goes inside or plays in a kick mark eagles side on a wing

He was more an impact player, super quick and booming boot which is why eagles chased him a bit but worth it, it seems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back