List Mgmt. 2022 List Management and trading thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this format on the West Coast board and thought it might help understand our current list position

1665798571288.png

Last edited:

crow2crow

Trapped in Victoria
Sep 13, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Harry McKay is crummy?
Jack Crisp is crummy?
Nason Redman is crummy?
Harrison Himmelberg is crummy?
Ben McKay is crummy?
Jade Gresham is crummy?
Bailey Williams is crummy?

interesting - could adelaide have resigned elliott because harrison has agreed to join if elliott is still there possibly? would be great addition as a backman. wowee delicious though.

Harry McKay is crummy?
Jack Crisp is crummy?
Nason Redman is crummy?
Harrison Himmelberg is crummy?
Ben McKay is crummy?
Jade Gresham is crummy?
Bailey Williams is crummy?

For our needs as realistic targets, yes.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
For our needs as realistic targets, yes.
Why would say Mason Redman be an unrealistic target, very mucjh in the same category as Jordan Dawson as gettable I would have thought?

In fact I'd be very surprised if we hadn't touched bases with his management already, Bailey Williams too falls into that category...both in the right age bracket as well.

Why would say Mason Redman be an unrealistic target, very mucjh in the same category as Jordan Dawson as gettable I would have thought?

In fact I'd be very surprised if we hadn't touched bases with his management already, Bailey Williams too falls into that category...both in the right age bracket as well.
Isn’t Redman more like Doedee?

Williams sort of fits a need but he’s only an ok player.

The are not many quality free agent mids unless hopper gets held to his contract

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Isn’t Redman more like Doedee?

Williams sort of fits a need but he’s only an ok player.

The are not many quality free agent mids unless hopper gets held to his contract
Redman starred at the Nationals playing wing/half back and we were one of the clubs that showed big interest at that time...he can play half back/wing/half forward, great skills and endurance.

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Drafted as a midfielder (you wouldn't know that) but never had the opportunities at the Dogs, understandable given their midfield depth since he was drafted.
Think he still holds the SANFL U18's record of 56 disposals in a game....PLAYING MIDFIELD. 189cm 86kg.

Another we showed interst in in his draft year.

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Drafted as a midfielder (you wouldn't know that) but never had the opportunities at the Dogs, understandable given their midfield depth since he was drafted.
Think he still holds the SANFL U18's record of 56 disposals in a game....PLAYING MIDFIELD. 189cm 86kg.

ROFL. Always on your high horse suggesting draft form means anything when they are in their mid 20s.

I'll take Wayne's review over yours.

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
ROFL. Always on your high horse suggesting draft form means anything when they are in their mid 20s.

I'll take Wayne's review over yours.
And I'll take Simon Dalrymple's review over yours, mine and Wayne.

How many of our midfield would get a game in front of Marcus Bontompelli, Jack Macrae, Josh Dunkley, Tom Liberatore, Adam Treloar, Bailey Smith?

Capture.PNG

AFL draft 2015: Ball magnet Bailey Williams has AFL scouts wagging their tails​

ANDREW CAPEL

2 min read
November 18, 2015 - 7:00PM
But when the national carnival finished the Glenelg midfield ball magnet made recruiters stand up and take notice with one of the finest individual performances ever seen in under-age football.

Williams’ eye-popping 56 disposals for the Bays against Woodville-West Torrens in an under-18 SANFL game on July 25 is believed to be a record for most disposals in that competition.

And it suddenly thrust the name of the player that 2015 Tigers reserves coach Brett Backwell describes as having Bryce Gibbs-like qualities in front of AFL recruiting scouts.

“Bailey’s a ripper,’’ said 2006 Magarey Medallist Backwell.

“He’s going to be a serious player because he just finds the footy, he’s a really calm, cool customer under pressure and he’s a good size for a midfielder.

“There are times when you see glimpses of Bryce Gibbs (former Glenelg midfielder and Carlton’s No. 1 draft pick in 2006) in him with that poise and ability to roll out, find space and use the football.

“Obviously he’s got a long way to go because Bryce was probably the best 16-to-17-year-old kid I’ve seen but Bailey shows similar poise at times.’’

Williams’ followed his brilliant performance against the Eagles with a series of strong displays in the under-18s and reserves to earn an invite to last month’s state screening session.

The Year 12 Brighton High School student says he models his game on Collingwood star Scott Pendlebury because of his ability to win contested ball and weave his way through traffic.

“It would be awesome to get drafted,’’ said Williams, who added 5kg of muscle this year.

“I’m a bit of an underdog but I want to show people that I’m good enough.”

Adelaide and North Melbourne have shown the most interest in Williams, although the Crows are eyeing him as a rookie.

BAILEY WILLIAMS

Glenelg, 18, 185cm, 75kg, midfielder.

STICKS SAYS:

“He had a couple of games where he just jumped out of the box which created a lot of interest in him. What you notice when you watch Bailey is how hard he works from contest to contest. He does everything he can to find the footy and he uses it pretty well so he’ll be on the radar of clubs.’’ - SANFL high performance manager Brenton Phillips.

Last edited:

He's as much of a midfielder as Brodie Smith

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Generally contracted players leave if you tell them they won't be getting another senior game at the club again and they will be delisted as soon as their contract is up. Other clubs don't have a problem in moving contracted players. Worse case you pay some of their wage and move them on.
Only if someone else wants them

Yep, precisely though only due to the coaching panels...I reckon Williams has been behind a "tad" more talented midfield for his journey than Brodie but.
I'm thinking more he's a player that has played basically his entire career in defense and is unproven at AFL level as a midfielder.

We tried Brode Smith in the midfield for a bit and it was a fail. Turns out he wasn't suited to it after all. I can see similar with Williams so I'd only target him if we need a half back

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I'm thinking more he's a player that has played basically his entire career in defense and is unproven at AFL level as a midfielder.

We tried Brode Smith in the midfield for a bit and it was a fail. Turns out he wasn't suited to it after all. I can see similar with Williams so I'd only target him if we need a half back
I'd target him behind Redman of course but I'd also target him for his versatility and size similar to Redman in that regard.

Did we? I have memory of us doing it for 2-3 games, Brodie looking excellent then got a pair of concussions which shelved the move.

LeftyLuke

Cancelled
Mar 29, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
Add Jenkins, Higgins, Stevens, Rohan, Dalhaus Ceglar, Black, Scott Selwood, Henderson, Caddy, McIntosh, Clark, Rivers etc and you can sseetheres been lots of misses which look like stopping them winning a flag.
The have been open about all in each year for a flag unlike many clubs. So why wouldn't you go to.a place that isn't talking about rebuilds or excuses

Clarkson has a similar philosophy.
We have the double whammy that our club is poorly run list management wise along with other clubs clearly cheating the cap. Add in Vic players not wanting to come here and we have the perfect storm. The only way out of this is to be the best run club in the league and nail every single thing we do. We also need to be creative with our cap just as other clubs are doing.

Last edited:
May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
We tried Brode Smith in the midfield for a bit and it was a fail. Turns out he wasn't suited to it after all.
That turned out to be a monkey paw wish. Smith did look to me like he'd make a decent mid at the time but maybe that was just desperation to add a bit of speed to the midfield and not looking hard enough at his weaknesses.

LeftyLuke

Cancelled
Mar 29, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
That turned out to be a monkey paw wish. Smith did look to me like he'd make a decent mid at the time but maybe that was just desperation to add a bit of speed to the midfield and not looking hard enough at his weaknesses.
Smith just doesn't have the toughness of Laird. He's solely an outside player. I remember Laird's first game in s**t weather where he smothered a ball with his face. He's always been a tough player.

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Smith just doesn't have the toughness of Laird. He's solely an outside player. I remember Laird's first game in s**t weather where he smothered a ball with his face. He's always been a tough player.
I think there's 2 Brodie Smith's but, the pre concussions Brodie and the post concussions Brodie..

Sep 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Have to remember WCE are losing a heap of experienced players .....they're in a full rebuild & will be looking at some experienced players to assist the kids

Crouch will be cheap, particularly if we "tip in" some cash ....which is worth it, to get another list spot ....surely for financial security, he'd move interstate

We have some low grade trades ....so not all that newsworthy, and likely to be in the last couple of days, after all the "A Grade" trades are done .....particularly with a poor depth Draft

West Coast still have plenty of experienced mids. Don’t see Shuey Gaff going anywhere. Yeo likely to be there as well, Kelly

They have plenty of their own

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
Add Jenkins, Higgins, Stevens, Rohan, Dalhaus Ceglar, Black, Scott Selwood, Henderson, Caddy, McIntosh, Clark, Rivers etc and you can sseetheres been lots of misses which look like stopping them winning a flag.
The have been open about all in each year for a flag unlike many clubs. So why wouldn't you go to.a place that isn't talking about rebuilds or excuses

Clarkson has a similar philosophy.
somehow you helped make my point and missed it at the same time. Impressive.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
West Coast still have plenty of experienced mids. Don’t see Shuey Gaff going anywhere. Yeo likely to be there as well, Kelly

They have plenty of their own

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Shuey ....32 YO and injury prone ....had to play this year (mass injuries) ....only 20 games over last 2 years
Redden ....retired
Gaff .......30 YO, bad, bad year .....maybe on the Trade table
Kelly ......is more your outside / in Mid

So who is at the coal face over a long year ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back