List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex acrually got upgraded to the main list, then essentially had to retire for medical reasons.

Not sure being upgraded was anything to do with performances tbh. In those days you had to be temporarily upgraded to play as a rookie or be listed as an emergency.

Pretty sure it was done when we rested 12-13 players for the last round. He spent most of the season in the WAFL reserves. Nothing wrong with that for a first year tall on the rookie list but he was no where near getting upgraded permanently.

Fantastic for the guy to be that close to playing for Freo. Lifelong Freo fan as well.

Interesting that Logan Mcdonald is still out of contract in 2022. Would love to get him!! Pair him with Treacy and Amiss. Juicy!!
Can you play three key forwards if neither can ruck?

Probably, but you would need to find a defender or small player with a good leap to ruck e.g. Mitch Wallis.

I wonder if Logue could ruck for 10-15 percent of a game.

Can you play three key forwards if neither can ruck?

Probably, but you would need to find a defender or small player with a good leap to ruck e.g. Mitch Wallis.

I wonder if Logue could ruck for 10-15 percent of a game.
Treacy used to part time ruck in his bottom age year.

The relief ruck can be more about a mismatch, and Logue or Treacy could provide that; compete enough in the ruck to keep them honest, and focus on winning the clearance. But a genuine forward/ruck provides great injury insurance.

Luke Breust when asked who would have a breakout 2022 season…. Jackson Callow (nickname buckets).

The relief ruck can be more about a mismatch, and Logue or Treacy could provide that; compete enough in the ruck to keep them honest, and focus on winning the clearance. But a genuine forward/ruck provides great injury insurance.
Leigh Brown, Griggs and Kepler Bradley all played an important structural role.

All worked as you are suggesting.

I would rather Logue in there. I think the extra run you would get would be worth it, plus it would not upset your defence as much.
Plus I would be keen to see how he goes in the midfield. He is athletic but he is not a natural footballer so would be an interesting mix. I think he could hold his own against rucks and dominate second hand rucks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listed as 194cm 99kg so he’s giving away nearly 10cm and 10kg on Meek who’s listed as 203cm and 110kg
So Logue is listed as slightly taller than Oscar Allen.

If we end up playing Meek as a second ruck that's a win for the opposition at this stage. I think he is a first ruck injury replacement for Darcy.

So Logue is listed as slightly taller than Oscar Allen.

If we end up playing Meek as a second ruck that's a win for the opposition at this stage. I think he is a first ruck injury replacement for Darcy.
It doesn't matter lol, if we manage to get Logan the team will find someone to cover. I don't think that will be happening though a man can dream.

I’d say that there’s very few Freo rookies that don’t last into a second season. Worner would have to be very average or have a poor attitude to get cut after one season.

Wouldn’t read too much into Pina or Butters who were cut in a year where we had to cut our list. Outside of those I’m not sure it’s happened in the last decade at Freo tbh.

Actually Alex Howson was one year but the guy told the club not to renew his contract.

Wilson-King and Wood both only lasted 1 season on the rookie list before being delisted.

Wilson-King and Wood both only lasted 1 season on the rookie list before being delisted.

Very true both were delisted after one season (could’ve sworn both were over a decade ago but there you go). I also point out that I said that Worner would need a poor attitude to be delisted after a season. From memory that was the case for Wood - not sure about Wilson King.

Worner if anything seems like he’d do anything to make it at AFL level.

Given where we stand list wise, what are we in need of, to balance our list and provide development opportunity as a team in 2-3 years time.

Retiring or just getting old!

Mundy
Walters
Lobb
Tabs got maybe 3 left
Hamling is he ever getting back
Fyfe
Colyer
Wilson

I’m thinking

FWD/Ruck
Key Forward
Sneaky pick pocket forward, with goal sense

Last edited:
Given where we stand list wise, what are we in need of, to balance our list and provide development opportunity as a team in 2-3 years time.

Mundy
Walters
Lobb
Tabs got maybe 3 left
Fyfe
Colyer
Wilson

I’m thinking

FWD/Ruck
Key Forward

I think you've nailed it. They're the 3 priorities for the 2022 trade and draft period at this stage. That may change by season's end depending on how the youngsters develop and how the oldies see the year out (I'd include Pearce in that category) but right now, you're spot on.

Mundy
Walters
Lobb
Tabs got maybe 3 left
Fyfe
Colyer
Wilson

I’m thinking

FWD/Ruck
Key Forward
We do have Benning, so forward/ruck may be covered, however the next draft seems to have several contenders.

The small forward I am less worried about unless they are clearly best available. My prefered forward line + 1 is easily found from;

Lobb Taberner Schultz/Walters/Switkowski
Erasmus Treacy Sturt/Henry

Plenty of options, including Amiss and Benning in development, but less likely to be considered early.

If there was a talent interchangeable with Serong as a small forward/midfielder I would go for it.

I think you've nailed it. They're the 3 priorities for the 2022 trade and draft period at this stage. That may change by season's end depending on how the youngsters develop and how the oldies see the year out (I'd include Pearce in that category) but right now, you're spot on.
In the last 5 years we have recruited replacements for all of these players and some more:
Mundy=Cerra=Johnson (he’ll need to play on for two more years to teach the new understudy)
Walters=Henry
Lobb=Benning
Tabs got maybe 3 left= Amiss
Hamling is he ever getting back= Cox/Logue (take your pick)
Fyfe= Erasmus/Brodie (long/short term)
Colyer=Western
Wilson=Clark

I’ll add a couple more:
Neale=Serong
Barlow=Brayshaw
Elvis=Pearce
B Hill=Walker/Frederick
S Hill=Young
Langdon=Bewley/Acres/Worner (we haven’t nailed this one yet, hopefully Worner is up to the task)
Pav= no one can replace the legend that is Pav, but Treacy will give his all to perform the role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back