NFL 2022 - Pre-Draft Discussion and Mock Drafts

Remove this Banner Ad

Did a bit more QB watching....

Kenny Pickett reminds me too much of Baker Mayfield. I've soured on him. I like Bailey Zappe and Carson Strong the most, more than all the others too. But I'm just another arsehole with an opinion. Not like I have a good track record of spotting QBs.

The best GMs.... WOULDNT take a QB in round 1 this year, even if they are QB needy.

2nd round grades at best IMO

The desperate ones will reach. Will see which ones are which.

Just not a QB year.

The best GMs.... WOULDNT take a QB in round 1 this year, even if they are QB needy.

2nd round grades at best IMO

The desperate ones will reach. Will see which ones are which.

Just not a QB year.

I would only draft one of the qbs at end of the first round after a trade up from the 2nd. Just so i can get the extra year first rounders get in their contract

most upside of any qb in this draft no doubt, but his rough edges need more some angle grinding than some polishing.

He tries to play hero ball a lot in college and has been made to look silly by defensive players on numerous occasions, good luck in the NFL if thats the case. I give him about a 25% chance of working out, but if he does he could be a poor mans Josh Allen, which would be a top 10 QB.

most upside of any qb in this draft no doubt, but his rough edges need more some angle grinding than some polishing.

He tries to play hero ball a lot in college and has been made to look silly by defensive players on numerous occasions, good luck in the NFL if thats the case. I give him about 25% chance of working out, but f he does he could be a poor mans Josh Allen, which would be a top 10 QB.

His my favourite of the top picks but like you said his most likely to bust. But if he can put it together you will get a steal.

His my favourite of the top picks but like you said his most likely to bust. But if he can put it together you will get a steal.

Yea, I couldn't take him in the top 10, but one of the better teams in the league in the backend of round 1 could if hes there, a reasonable gamble.

AtlantaFalcons.com's Scott Bair said the Falcons could "absolutely" take a wide receiver with the eighth pick in the 2022 NFL Draft.​

Bair said Atlanta taking a wideout in the first round would likely depend on whether the team retains Calvin Ridley and re-signs Russell Gage. Bair mentioned Arkansas WR Treylon Burks as a potential pick for the Falcons -- an odd choice considering Burks is widely expected to be the fifth or sixth receiver off the draft board. With a plethora of roster holes, the Falcons could use their first rounder on a number of positions, including offensive tackle, edge rusher, and cornerback.

SOURCE: AtlantaFalcons.com
Jan 28, 2022, 12:29 PM ET

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a guy I follow on YouTube, Jets fan and very knowledgable, his top 50 big board 1.0 , nice little blurb about each prospect

Pickett Corral and Howell seem extremely underwhelming after last years QB class.
Doesn’t mean they can’t have successful careers, but I’m struggling to see any of them being franchise QBs

Potential first-round QB Kenny Pickett declined to get his hand measured at the Senior Bowl.​

Draft season is here, folks. Pickett told NFL Network's Tom Pelissero he declined to be measured because he is double-jointed, which makes his thumb point in an odd direction. He is doing exercises so he can get an "accurate measurement" at the Combine. Given the conversation around hand size for quarterbacks, it makes sense for Pickett to do everything he can to get a good measurement, but this whole situation feels absurd. Pickett's age -- 24 in June -- and middling play prior to 2021 are more relevant concerns when evaluating his NFL prospects.
SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
Jan 31, 2022, 3:08 PM ET

Univ. of Washington’s Jaxson Kirkland pulling out of draft due to ankle injury

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on February 1, 2022, 12:59 AM EST

University of Washington tackle Jaxson Kirkland is dropping out of the upcoming NFL Draft and will petition to return to college next year, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.com.

Kirkland has an ankle injury that is worse than initially believed and will require surgery. Kirkland is having the procedure done on Tuesday by Green Bay Packers team doctor Robert Anderson.

The deadline for players to declare their intention to enter the draft was January 17. Kirkland announced his plans to leave Washington back in December. However, the ankle injury is now leading him to alter those plans and return to college football next season. The request will need to be approved by the NCAA.

Kirkland has started 38 games during his career at Washington split between left tackle and right guard. He was named to the All-Pac-12 team in each of the last two seasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back