Autopsy 2022 Rd 7 Blues down the Roos by 50

Who played well for the Blues in Round 7 vs North Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Plowman has done himself no favours over the years with his weird smiles at inappropriate times.

Just an observation, I have no strong feeling on him one way or another
The idea that a teammate might be defined by 'weird smiles' is, to be polite, completely ******* mental.

For ten months a year these guys eat, sleep, train repeat. I'd like to think they gain a slightly deeper insight than weird smiles.

I have a lovely smile, and I'm a sociopath...

The idea that a teammate might be defined by 'weird smiles' is, to be polite, completely ******* mental.

For ten months a year these guys eat, sleep, train repeat. I'd like to think they gain a slightly deeper insight than weird smiles.

seriously, save your energy.........

I like Plow, someone mentioned he was a proverbial whipping boy and I posited a theory as to why.

Laconic style and smiling at strange times.

Why do you think he is a whipping boy?

Had another look at the game, I initially underrated Kennedy's output, 7 centre clearances from 20 starts
There is no way Voss will ever have a Kennedy type player out of the starting line-up unless they are injured - he rates hard at the contest #1 and daylight second as far as players go.

Ok mate. I'll note that one down.
Alternately it may be expectation with being a high pick, despite coming to Carlton for trinkets.

Could also be being called upon to fill small, medium and key defensive roles.

Possibly the pressure that comes with being a Carlton defender with a turnstyle midfield.

But yeah. Probably weird smile.

Alternately it may be expectation with being a high pick, despite coming to Carlton for trinkets.

Could also be being called upon to fill small, medium and key defensive roles.

Possibly the pressure that comes with being a Carlton defender with a turnstyle midfield.

But yeah. Probably weird smile.
Supporters are a fickle bunch. I'm sure it all adds up

Look there’s been plenty of love for this bloke but IMO not nearly enough:

Harry McKay.

I rewatched the game. The guy could be the best player in the comp. And I mean now. And I mean even better than Cripps. He’s absolutely unstoppable by any one player when fit. Teams have to double/triple him which creates all sorts of havoc for back lines. His hands yesterday were bloody incredible. He is 204 and takes half volleys as well as Walsh (not as well as George). His field kicking is great. He only has one small weakness (low chance of kicking a goal when set shot left half forward flank).

In some ways there’s a bit of Kouta towards him by the football public. He’s just unfairly superior athletically to everyone else so his actual freakish footy talent (hands below knees and marking) is just not noticed enough.

I think Cameron and Hawkins and these guys are great……and comfortably behind Harry.

IMO.
This is exactly what I was thinking when watching the game. McKay is a complete player now, regularly taking important marks up the ground with his work rate and then prolific up forward. In at least 2 of our close wins this year he has taken a clutch mark to help save the game.

It’s hard rating anybody above Cripps, but I’m getting close with Harry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very noticable when watching live at the game, Lob put him self into good positions and was not always the option picked. Wouldnt call it being burned though the players chose to go to a more central or longer option often. Lochie keep it up.

I'm happy to cop to this being confirmation bias, but I'm sure a lot of those longer options have been the poorly guided, shallow entries we've been decrying

Was a little disappointed we didn't beat the Roos by 100, but 50 wasn't too bad. Hopefully we get the 100 against the Crows next round. 😃
I will happily take it.
5 and 2 is very ok with me considering it a whole new coaching group, style and game plan the players have to adjust to over the pre-season.
Hopefully second half of season the style is more entrenched and executed for longer portions of matches that scores and percentages reflect the progress we can make.
We are two wins inside the top 8 already.
Dream where we can be in two or three more months.
The sky is the limit in this decade now we finally have a real head coach with good support around him.

Really good win after we were challenged in the 2nd quarter. North aren't world beaters but they still manage to match up well against us and it was so good to see us respond and put the game to bed by 3 qtr time.

Jack Carroll, what a find.

Saad BOG, closely followed by Crippa, Doc and the two tall forwards.

That game is the standard we should be setting every week.

This has been happening for some time. LOB needs to demand the ball from his teammates. Force them to notice him. He's still a bit introverted.
LOBs job is to keep his width and spread the defence. Teammates are always going to look to kick it inside first rather than take the outside option. Thought he played his role well. Looking at the track LOB was No1 on the ground for high speed running and sprints.

One thing that is interesting to note is that SW isn't clocking up the 15KMs he did pretty much every game last year. I wonder if this is a result of us trying to play a more direct brand of footy and not spread to the boundary as much.

Was a little disappointed we didn't beat the Roos by 100, but 50 wasn't too bad. Hopefully we get the 100 against the Crows next round. 😃
I'm at a Mother's Day family gathering which given the importance of the role I fully get. Gonna sneak me a few looks at the telly but.

One thing that is interesting to note is that SW isn't clocking up the 15KMs he did pretty much every game last year. I wonder if this is a result of us trying to play a more direct brand of footy and not spread to the boundary as much.

I think Walsh just felt bad for showing everyone else up so much, so he's toned it down a tad. 🤣

Coaches' Votes

10 - Patrick Cripps (CARL)
4 - Sam Docherty (CARL)
4 - Adam Saad (CARL)
3 - Sam Walsh (CARL)
3 - Charlie Curnow (CARL)
3 - Harry McKay (CARL)
2 - Lewis Young (CARL)
1 -
Todd Goldstein (NMFC)

Back