JDWCE

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Is Witts a guaranteed round 1 starter? Can’t find a great deal of info but from what I understand it’s a 50/50 proposition since it’ll only have been 10-11 months since his operation

markm106

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Thinking Grundy Pruess if Pruess is named and has a decent pre season. I’ve always gone the set and forget. And I think Jackson will impact Gawn scoring a little but could still see Gawn up in top few rucks. Darcy is an interesting one to. Could see him being a top 2 ruck but bloody pricey for the risk.

ImissFrosty

E-Girl Hunter
Mar 4, 2020
home
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Fighting Furies Atlanta Reign (OWL)
Thinking Grundy Pruess if Pruess is named and has a decent pre season. I’ve always gone the set and forget. And I think Jackson will impact Gawn scoring a little but could still see Gawn up in top few rucks. Darcy is an interesting one to. Could see him being a top 2 ruck but bloody pricey for the risk.
Darcy was banged up all last year and still managed insane scores. Looking very fit and I don't think the risk is as big as some have said.

WaynesWorld19

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
"The arrivals should complete a successful small block of training for the Suns, with co-captain Jarrod Witts taking another step to a likely round one return following a strong training session on Wednesday morning.
Witts, who ruptured his ACL early last season, completed a solid 90-minute hit-out in steamy conditions at Carrara to show his fitness is all the way back."

MacStradbroke

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
What’s the word on Grundy so far this pre season Pies fans? Saw a glimpse of him on the news tonight and he looks sharp and super fit! Looked anything but that late last season (but still scored well).

Caztheconquerer

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
What’s the word on Grundy so far this pre season Pies fans? Saw a glimpse of him on the news tonight and he looks sharp and super fit! Looked anything but that late last season (but still scored well).
According to training reports super fit lost some weight and covering the ground really well, involved a lot in linking up etc

Gresh_Magic

All hail the King!
Sep 22, 2013
Buzz City
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Charlotte Hornets
Is anyone even surprised? He's a YOUNG GUN
0F31E3B0-AD68-469C-9E62-74FC31D26BB1.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ash1337

Club Legend
Apr 11, 2009
Albany
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Was thinking Grundy with his reports of losing weight and moving better but he's going to be still playing in a bottom 4 team and H0 to advantage are a big part of a rucks score. He's still going to get good scores but he's not going to be 110+ most weeks anymore.

Preuss is close to rookie price but I wouldn't do it. There's the saint ruck to consider there.

Gawn I'm 60/40 of starting because a new year and more chance for his time in the ruck be less to help preserve his body as well as LJ improving as a 2nd ruck. I think we'll see gawn & jackson be sharing more time together. Gawn has shown that he's just fine outside the ruck as a intercept marker and forward but I'm still thinking his avg will drop by about 5 and the starting price may not be worth it.

A Bit Dusty

2017🏆2019🏆2020🏆
Oct 6, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond

Between Preuss, Flynn and Briggs, the Giants are yet to see who currently sits atop of their pecking order as they continue to plan their rotation structure.

“Those three boys are really fighting for that opportunity to take that position and it’s yet to be decided," McCartney added.

“It’ll be horses for courses whether it will be just one ruckman or at times I could probably see us going with two.”

giphy (10).gif
E49C9C4D-68ED-4D89-968E-393A69B94E3D.gif

Gresh_Magic

All hail the King!
Sep 22, 2013
Buzz City
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Charlotte Hornets

Between Preuss, Flynn and Briggs, the Giants are yet to see who currently sits atop of their pecking order as they continue to plan their rotation structure.

“Those three boys are really fighting for that opportunity to take that position and it’s yet to be decided," McCartney added.

“It’ll be horses for courses whether it will be just one ruckman or at times I could probably see us going with two.”

View attachment 1309844View attachment 1309847
DFCF6AB3-F133-40BE-BF53-01A86C9867F9.jpeg

Ingy

Premiership Player
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

View attachment 1309844View attachment 1309847

lol. The Preuss Moose is a lock

Dark Sharks

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 21, 2011
Maynard was blocked
AFL Club
West Coast
Preuss is nothing but an R3, at best.

I've got zero confidence in that dopey prick. Best hope is he plays enough games early to score some coin, then fu** him off quickly.

Leon will probably be trying to save his job though. He played Mumford last year so who knows what he's going to do with Flynn and Briggsy :shrug:

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad