Position 2022 Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Just on the McInerney pick, by all reports having a great pre-season and I think he's going to be big for the team however I'd be expecting him to split his time in the ruck a little more with Fort compared to when Daniher was the 2nd ruck last season. He might still score well but I think he'll have a better split between ruck/forward time once Hipwood replaces Fort/Fullarton in the team around the byes.
You expect Fort to be in the 22 early?

Grundinerny FTW.

Darcy will get injured.
Not at all .....just have to see how strongly Witts comes thru PS

Will he be a late 80's scoring player ....or a mid 90's scoring, after injury

View attachment 1298361

Or will the Big O continue his progression for $120K more ......79 games in now & in his prime

View attachment 1298362
Just on the McInerney pick, by all reports having a great pre-season and I think he's going to be big for the team however I'd be expecting him to split his time in the ruck a little more with Fort compared to when Daniher was the 2nd ruck last season. He might still score well but I think he'll have a better split between ruck/forward time once Hipwood replaces Fort/Fullarton in the team around the byes.

Big O looks the goods. If he's still number one ruck through pre-season, I'll go with the pairing of GrundO!

82 - Semi Final vs Dogs (40 hit-outs though, could have scored more against English 110)
127 - Qualifying final vs Dees (Great score vs Gawn 102 and Jackson 55)
96 - RND 23 vs West Coast (scored OK despite NicNat's domination 153)
131 - RND 22 vs Collingwood (Huge score vs Grundy 89)
120 - RND 21 vs Fremantle (Darcy also scored 120)
113 - RND 20 vs Hawthorn (decent in a loss. Reeves 112)

That's just his last 6 games. 148 vs the Suns the week before. Finished off the year very strongly.

Averaged 110 after the bye, but priced under 95 due to a slow start to the year. Only missed one game for the season, in round 3.

Like mattsmob said earlier, the recruitment of Fort is the only danger to McInerney, particularly with Hipwood missing the early chunk of games, as Big O may be required to play forward more.

Huge pre-season watch.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Big O looks the goods. If he's still number one ruck through pre-season, I'll go with the pairing of GrundO!

82 - Semi Final vs Dogs (40 hit-outs though, could have scored more against English 110)
127 - Qualifying final vs Dees (Great score vs Gawn 102 and Jackson 55)
96 - RND 23 vs West Coast (scored OK despite NicNat's domination 153)
131 - RND 22 vs Collingwood (Huge score vs Grundy 89)
120 - RND 21 vs Fremantle (Darcy also scored 120)
113 - RND 20 vs Hawthorn (decent in a loss. Reeves 112)

That's just his last 6 games. 148 vs the Suns the week before. Finished off the year very strongly.

Averaged 110 after the bye, but priced under 95 due to a slow start to the year. Only missed one game for the season, in round 3.

Like mattsmob said earlier, the recruitment of Fort is the only danger to McInerney, particularly with Hipwood missing the early chunk of games, as Big O may be required to play forward more.

Huge pre-season watch.
There’s no danger of him not being the number 1 ruck at the Lions.

There’s no danger of him not being the number 1 ruck at the Lions.
Agree 100%
Fort is just some insurance for the Lions as they don't have much back up.

That's exactly what I thought, until I ventured over to the Lions board.

Bit mixed over there. Some say Fort will ruck more than Daniher did this year, with O spending more time up forward, until Hipwood returns.
Others have said Fullarton should get a run before Fort, as he can play that RUC/FWD while O is #1 ruck.

I agree with you blokes, but wiser heads know better than I do. Pre-season will reveal all!!!

There's two negatives for fatboy Darcy. The first is that he has horrendous injury history.

21 games in 2021 - Tick
15 games in 2020
11 games in 2019
7 games in 2018
8 games in 2017

Even last year when he slayed, he was legit hobbling around all season on one leg and you'd think JLO was about to just put him on ice already.

I was certainly nervous as an owner, with a large chol.

Secondly, dickhead Meek getting added to the mix slowed his scoring big time. He was constantly spending time forward, and Cockburn is an awful team.

125 Average without Meek.
106 Average with Meek.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
106 Average with Meek.

Fascinating office-space-coffee.gif

GT619

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 20, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Can see the concerns with Darcy, but he looks like he's slimmed down to me. Dominated the back half of the year and is about to take the mantle as the best ruckman in the league. He's arguably underpriced given the couple of injuries he copped at the end of last year.

He's fat

Sherman41

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2006
Ballarat
AFL Club
Collingwood
There's two negatives for fatboy Darcy. The first is that he has horrendous injury history.

21 games in 2021 - Tick
15 games in 2020
11 games in 2019
7 games in 2018
8 games in 2017

Even last year when he slayed, he was legit hobbling around all season on one leg and you'd think JLO was about to just put him on ice already.

I was certainly nervous as an owner, with a large chol.

Secondly, dickhead Meek getting added to the mix slowed his scoring big time. He was constantly spending time forward, and Cockburn is an awful team.

106 Average with Meek.

Darcy had an average of 112 with Meek without the last game being included. As mentioned he was running around lame at the end of the year which makes that average look worse.

Most ruckman come with a risk of #2 taking points off them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darcy had an average of 112 with Meek without the last game being included. As mentioned he was running around lame at the end of the year which makes that average look worse.

Most ruckman come with a risk of #2 taking points off them.

Not NicNat :thumbsu:

Nic Nat clearly loses a heap of points to #2
He plays about 65% game time 😂

LOL Last year he had 17/18 of the last 18 games over 100 and the 1 under was 94. The last 5 rounds 123.6 average he was the difference for me in the second half of the year while Gawn and Grundy were pulling :poo: scores for everyone else

* Actual footage of ImissFrosty while he is perusing Luke Jackson's IG

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back