List Mgmt. 2022 Trade & List Management Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, onto 2022.

Here are the list of Free agents:

2022 FREE AGENTS

*Can qualify as a restricted free agent, as they’re in their 8th or 9th year of service, but only if in the top 25% of payments at the club

ADELAIDE CROWS

Taylor Walker

BRISBANE LIONS

Daniel McStay*

Daniel Rich

Darcy Gardiner*

Dayne Zorko

Mitch Robinson*

CARLTON

Ed Curnow

COLLINGWOOD

Brayden Maynard*

Darcy Moore*

Jamie Elliott

Jordan De Goey*

Steele Sidebottom

ESSENDON

Dyson Heppell

Jayden Laverde*

Kyle Langford

Michael Hurley

FREMANTLE

Alex Pearce*

Connor Blakely*

David Mundy

Michael Walters

GEELONG CATS

Joel Selwood

Tom Hawkins

GWS GIANTS

Adam Kennedy

HAWTHORN

Ben McEvoy*

Jack Gunston

James Sicily*

Liam Shiels

MELBOURNE

Angus Brayshaw*

Jayden Hunt*

Tom McDonald

NORTH MELBOURNE

Ben Cunnington

Kayne Turner*

Todd Goldstein

PORT ADELAIDE

Karl Amon*

Travis Boak

RICHMOND

Ivan Soldo*

Jack Riewoldt

Jayden Short*

Kane Lambert*

Shane Edwards

Trent Cotchin

ST KILDA

Daniel McKenzie

Jarryn Geary

Jimmy Webster

SYDNEY SWANS

Dane Rampe

Harry Cunningham

Isaac Heeney*

Jake Lloyd

Josh Kennedy

Lance Franklin*

Sam Naismith

WEST COAST EAGLES

Jackson Nelson*

Luke Shuey

Nic Naitanui

Tom Barrass* Expected to re-sign , 6 year deal

WESTERN BULLDOGS

Bailey Dale*

Caleb Daniel*

Jack Macrae

Jason Johannisen

Toby Mclean*

Zaine Cordy*

Last edited:

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The article must be old, Miller already resigned. Would be keen on Moore maybe but I reckon the lies have enough cash to satisfy him; especially with de goey potentially in jail.
Yeah, it's from mid October. Barrass will also be off the list and Easton Wood has retired.

Benj7

NMK🦘4 x 🏆
Sep 20, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ok, onto 2022.

Here are the list of Free agents:

2022 FREE AGENTS

*Can qualify as a restricted free agent, as they’re in their 8th or 9th year of service, but only if in the top 25% of payments at the club

ADELAIDE CROWS

Taylor Walker

BRISBANE LIONS

Daniel McStay*

Daniel Rich

Darcy Gardiner*

Dayne Zorko

Mitch Robinson*

CARLTON

Ed Curnow

Liam Jones*

COLLINGWOOD

Brayden Maynard*

Darcy Moore*

Jamie Elliott

Jordan De Goey*

Steele Sidebottom

ESSENDON

Dyson Heppell

Jayden Laverde*

Kyle Langford

Michael Hurley

FREMANTLE

Alex Pearce*

Connor Blakely*

David Mundy

Michael Walters

GEELONG CATS

Joel Selwood

Tom Hawkins

GWS GIANTS

Adam Kennedy

HAWTHORN

Ben McEvoy*

Jack Gunston

James Sicily*

Liam Shiels

MELBOURNE

Angus Brayshaw*

Jayden Hunt*

Tom McDonald

NORTH MELBOURNE

Ben Cunnington

Kayne Turner*

Todd Goldstein

PORT ADELAIDE

Karl Amon*

Travis Boak

RICHMOND

Ivan Soldo*

Jack Riewoldt

Jayden Short*

Kane Lambert*

Shane Edwards

Trent Cotchin

ST KILDA

Daniel McKenzie

Jarryn Geary

Jimmy Webster

SYDNEY SWANS

Dane Rampe

Harry Cunningham

Isaac Heeney*

Jake Lloyd

Josh Kennedy

Lance Franklin*

Sam Naismith

WEST COAST EAGLES

Jackson Nelson*

Luke Shuey

Nic Naitanui

Tom Barrass* Expected to re-sign , 6 year deal

WESTERN BULLDOGS

Bailey Dale*

Caleb Daniel*

Jack Macrae

Jason Johannisen

Toby Mclean*

Zaine Cordy*

Collingwood looks tastey

Krakoueraddict

Team Captain
May 8, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Darcy Moore is the best player in that bunch and the best fit for our team. Would round out the list beautifully and make us dangerous across all lines. Can't see him moving from the Pies though.

Bailey Dale would be amazing off HB, would be great to poach someone from the Doggies too.

Sicily is a massive flog but if he stays fit this year he's a quality intercepter/rebounder, he's probably a bit old for us though.

Jayden Short/Jake Lloyd/Caleb Daniel are all great users off HBF and would be walk up starters.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Darcy Moore is the best player in that bunch and the best fit for our team. Would round out the list beautifully and make us dangerous across all lines. Can't see him moving from the Pies though.

Bailey Dale would be amazing off HB, would be great to poach someone from the Doggies too.

Sicily is a massive flog but if he stays fit this year he's a quality intercepter/rebounder, he's probably a bit old for us though.

Jayden Short/Jake Lloyd/Caleb Daniel are all great users off HBF and would be walk up starters.
Would you take a HBF instead of one of goater or bergman or the half a dozen other defenders we have in the same position?

Darcy Moore godfather offer then Alex Pearce

Jayden Short, Brayden Maynard and Caleb Daniel all should be targeted as free agents to bolster our defence

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Alex Pearce and Maynard. Boom

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Darcy Moore and Dane Rampe thanks.

*edit, didn’t realise Rampe was already 31.

Krakoueraddict

Team Captain
May 8, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Would you take a HBF instead of one of goater or bergman or the half a dozen other defenders we have in the same position?
Ideally we'd get in a KPD and I'm not denying there is some young talent on our HBF but if we could add a 26/27yo free agent for season 2023 who would be a walk up best 22 in Caleb Daniel/Jayden Short (Lloyd at 28yo now is probably too old to be a worthwhile FA for 2023 season), then for sure I'd be taking them on. To me it just means whoever is not up it either in football skills or with injury concerns is delisted (Lachie Young/Kyron Hayden/Aiden Bonar) and the Goater and Miller Bergman have more to time to refine their roles in the state leagues. I don't think players in their 1st/2nd seasons have to be immediately making an impact at senior level to justify a spot on the list if you believe in their potential upside/ceiling. Especially if it's their physical attributes holding them back (like Miller being 65kgs).

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ideally we'd get in a KPD and I'm not denying there is some young talent on our HBF but if we could add a 26/27yo free agent for season 2023 who would be a walk up best 22 in Caleb Daniel/Jayden Short (Lloyd at 28yo now is probably too old to be a worthwhile FA for 2023 season), then for sure I'd be taking them on. To me it just means whoever is not up it either in football skills or with injury concerns is delisted (Lachie Young/Kyron Hayden/Aiden Bonar) and the Goater and Miller Bergman have more to time to refine their roles in the state leagues. I don't think players in their 1st/2nd seasons have to be immediately making an impact at senior level to justify a spot on the list if you believe in their potential upside/ceiling. Especially if it's their physical attributes holding them back (like Miller being 65kgs).
Fair enough, thanks for articulating your position.
The issue I have with picking up a 26/27yr old HBF is that in 3-4 years they'll be 30 and cemented in the position at the same age our guys 21-22 will be looking for a position on field in the best 22. Obviously if they're good enough they could play the position earlier.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Moore, Macrae, Short to throw the kitchen sink at for me.
even at the expense of not being able to recontract some of our younger guys in 2-3 years?
the side we're building is going to be very expensive to keep together.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Time to piss off Sydney again and just put through a $1m a season offer to Heeney again just for the lols ...
might as well offer the pies players an over inflated contract to get the ball rolling too.

Roo202

All Australian
Jun 18, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This will hopefully be getting really interesting over the next couple of years. There seems to be a much more positive attitude in the footy world in general towards us and our list and direction.

We definitely need to be open to adding talent to our list when it is available, but at the same time we need to balance having salary cap space to retain the talent we already have and be able to target the specific missing pieces on the list as it develops. Exciting times ahead!

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This will hopefully be getting really interesting over the next couple of years. There seems to be a much more positive attitude in the footy world in general towards us and our list and direction.

We definitely need to be open to adding talent to our list when it is available, but at the same time we need to balance having salary cap space to retain the talent we already have and be able to target the specific missing pieces on the list as it develops. Exciting times ahead!
Well we start with a F1st, Cooper Harvey, and 2 x F4ths.
+ all our 2023 picks.
We don't have a heap of trade assets TBH. But that is ok.
KPB is the only spot I really think we need to bolster.
Even that is over blown in here we have plenty of options. Especially if we don't play 3 in the 1sts.
This time last year if you had posted in here that JZ was going to play defence and play well you would have been s**t canned.
He did and did do well.
Trust in the Noble one.
He is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back