Strategy 2023 SuperCoach Planning

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its Me Nbc GIF by Law & Order
Episode 4 Nbc GIF by SVU

Dunno about my 2023 planning, but here's live vision of the Bomber's search for a 2023 coach:

Wayne Carey is a strange choice for coach, even stranger that they can't find him. Did anyone check the toilets?

waiting for some clever mf to come up with a 2023 planning program.. wouldnt want anything flashy. just an idea of how my team will look.

couldnt be all that difficult id imagine. player avg × 5420 to get their new price. apply any discounts we know about. shaboom.

just gotta have the program to run it off i suppose.

definitely be building a team around players like fyfe and cunnington.. look for any outliers and then go from there.

Angus Brayshaw as a permanent midfielder priced at a 100 average will be appealing if they stick with that move. Averaging nearly 33 possessions, more than five tackles and 116.3 SC since making the shift. Should retain his def/mid DPP too, if so, might be one of my first picked.
Was a great little POD late in the year for me, one of my better moves this year.

So now that we've seen DPP changes and boosts in action, is the consensus move to stack the mids if rookies allow for it?
I started 4 premo mids this year and it was not enough.
So probably yes.
I think it is more important to get the defenders/forwards who will average 110 as first priority.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to be looking for the Will Brodie and Coniglio's of 2023.

Started with them 2 + Laird & Sicily. Just about the only shining lights of my season.

Like many here, I’m going full Premos and Mid price madness as my R1 team. Looking back to my R1 team this year I had seven rookies on field. Which was way too many in hindsight.

So I’m gonna go with…..

DEF: Three premos, 2-3 mid pricers or one rookie. Will be a lot of interesting choices here. Especially for mid pricers. Maynard could be one if he plays a bit more in the middle. Coffield for the Saints could be one with potential, dirt cheap and coming back from injury.

MID: Stack the mids with must have premo starters like Laird, Clarry, Touk, Steele rest mid pricers/underpriced premos and the one rookie that will be on field here will be Ashcroft as he looks like he’s gonna be the 2023 Daicos. Speaking of Daicoses, Josh might be a worthwhile mid pricer pick, he had some brilliant games this year. The Chad is looking a good starting pick too. LDU and Simpkin could prove handy with Clarko at the helm.

FWD: The hardest line to deal with I feel. Fingers crossed Parker, Bont etc retain the DPP. Will probably pick Dyl Moore to start if he stays in midfield, I’d imagine he’d start with DPP and I’ll definitely pick the Cogs and Brodie of 2023, whoever that will be we don’t know yet. Maybe someone like Fyfe, Cunnington? Gulden is another one I’m also considering. Rozee too, will be better than Butters.

RUC: Marshall and Gawn. Could consider Grundy again becuase he’ll be well underpriced due to amount of footy he’s missed.

Will definitely be playing around with my team over the summer when it opens because it’ll give me something to do lol.

Last edited:
Do Rozee and Berry keep FWD status next year? Will probably start both if they do.

Steele is a lock at that price I think.

Toss up between Oliver and Laird, probably Oliver.

Stewart and Sinclair probably have to be in.

Cunnington with a full pre season will be awesome value.

Rucks I have no idea

Going off the price projections:

DEF | Sicily - Stewart - GusShaw
DEF | MDP - Rook - Rook

MID | Laird - Oliver - Miller - Steele
MID | Fyfe - Cunnington - Rook - Rook

RUC | Grundy - Marshall

FWD | Dogs Mid with DPP - Rozee - Moore
FWD | MDP - Rook - Rook

Tempted by Wines for 575k
Nice I'm thinking
DEF | Sicily - Stewart - Sinclair
DEF | MDP - Rook - Rook

MID | Laird - Oliver - Miller - LDU

RUC | Grundy - Marshall

FWD | Bont/Dunks - Tarranto - Thomas
FWD | Will Phillips- midpricer - Rook

I think 5 rookies on field is the way to go. I will hopefully grab low end midpricers (200-300k) and use the cash savings for super premos elsewhere.
Hybrid IMO.

Nice I'm thinking
DEF | MDP - Rook - Rook

RUC | Grundy - Marshall

I think 5 rookies on field is the way to go. I will hopefully grab low end midpricers (200-300k) and use the cash savings for super premos elsewhere.
Hybrid IMO.
I forgot about Phillips and Thomas, will definitely slide in as mid-pricers if the maths and role work.
Taranto plays for GWS. No.
LDU is on the cusp for me, If he trains well and fits I might get him in as the fourth SP mid. Very dependent on mid-pricer availability and rooks.
Rozee and Moore are locked for me if they get a full-time mid role, which both seem to be heading toward. When you look at how inconsistent the top forwards have been this year, I'll take them with the hope they play in the guts.

My partial team based off those price projections only

DEF
Sinclair
Stewart
Hurn
Ryan
Mid Pricer/Rook
Mid Pricer/Rook

MID
Laird
Oliver
Steele
Touk
LDU
Simpkin or other mid pricer
Cunners
Ashcroft

RUC
Gawn
Marshall/Grundy

FWD
Bont
Dunkley
Moore
Rozee
Gulden or Other Mid Pricer or 2023 Cogs/Brodie player
The other 2023 Cogs/Brodie player

Too many North players? Probably

Last edited:
Nice I'm thinking
DEF | MDP - Rook - Rook

RUC | Grundy - Marshall

Hybrid IMO.
Fyfe would need to be near 250k to consider IMO, don't think he plays enough at a high enough avg to justify 300k (Rowell was 340k and ended up pretty ordinary)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back