Opinion 2023 captain

Who should be our captain next year onwards?

• Simpkin

Votes: 139 50.7%
  • McDonald

Votes: 58 21.2%
  • Ziebell

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • LDU

Votes: 51 18.6%
  • Other

Votes: 22 8.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

did clarko ever run with co-captains at the hawks?

I'm usually not in favour of it, but with us i can see the appeal and tbh both LMac and Jy deserve it.

Why just Jy, why? Is it pie in the sky to ask why just Jy, can't we try Jy and another guy?
i don't want co-captains at north. we've always had one captain, i just think it's better to have a single captain who's the face of the club, the leader everyone else looks to to set standards, and at our club right now that person is jy simpkin.

i don't want co-captains at north. we've always had one captain, i just think it's better to have a single captain who's the face of the club, the leader everyone else looks to to set standards, and at our club right now that person is jy simpkin.
I'm not sure Jy needs the pressure. He deserves co-captaincy, but he also needs a bit of space to focus on his own game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given how the last few years went I think it was smart to keep Ziebs as captain.
We were never going to perform 'well' in 21/22 (obviously expected better than we got, but we were always going to be bottom 6)

He's experienced and a level headed / good media performer and someone who the guys all respect, and can carry whatever heat the media threw our way without putting that pressure on Jy/LMac.

With that said 2023 is time to move on. We've hit rock bottom and weathered that storm - its upward and onward from here. Jyza2k23 pls

LDU took his game to the next level this year showed all the attributes of a great leader.Carey was only 21 when he
Was made Captain you just knew he was ready.LDU is ready.
He's a gun player but he doesn't have the attributes of a captain that jy simpkin does. he's not been a public facing representative of the club, players never name him as someone they look up to or who encourages them at training or who made them feel welcome, that's always jy simpkin. LDU says it's jy simpkin.

He's a gun player but he doesn't have the attributes of a captain that jy simpkin does. he's not been a public facing representative of the club, players never name him as someone they look up to or who encourages them at training or who made them feel welcome, that's always jy simpkin. LDU says it's jy simpkin.

It just has to be.

For the fun of it, if Jy was not an option I could see Clarkson going in a surprise direction and giving it to someone like Larkey. Smart, strong young character but with a bit of arrogance. If he was given the main role he'd have the ego and confidence to embrace it fully imo.

It just has to be.

For the fun of it, if Jy was not an option I could see Clarkson going in a surprise direction and giving it to someone like Larkey. Smart, strong young character but with a bit of arrogance. If he was given the main role he'd have the ego and confidence to embrace it fully imo.
think it's nailed on that he takes on a bigger leadership role this year and into the future.

wouldn't be surprised to see him as vice-captain this year tbh, but definitely part of the leadership group

McDonald for me. Also seems to fit Clarkson's mould - very Hodge like operator on the field.

Simpkin certainly appears to have the attributes, and would make a sound Vice-Captain, but McDonald just feels like the type you'd run through a brick wall for. Also, when fit, in our Best 5 players.

Keep in mind Simpkin is 3 years younger - so a nice progression having him operate under Luke for that time then stepping up?

Back