Trades 2023 Fantasy Round 14 trades ....ouch !

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After Hunt’s stinker today and his inevitable value drop I’ll have to modify my initial plans and do a double defender upgrade.

Wagner to Sheldrick

Sheldrick should hopefully hold after his good game on Friday and even if he does and he’s chucked forward it doesn’t matter.

Hunt to Luke Ryan

Ryan didn’t reach his BE tonight so he’ll drop slightly which will make him a bit more reachable. Was tossing up between him and Lloyd this week so might as well complete the pair.

Third trade will be either

Smithers to Sinclair

OR

Callaghan to midfielder

This is a tough call becuase it’s between getting ahead for R15 and getting a keeper. Leaning towards getting Sinclair in but have to wait and see how the rest of the round goes.

Interesting week ahead.
Eagles with the Rd 14 bye and it was my plan pre byes to trade Hunt to Lloyd or Young, but both didn't look great. (Not that Hunt did, but he's done his job)

Prefer someone who's had their bye and I don't want to pay Caleb Daniels current price when I still need to pay up for Docherty in Rd 16/17 & Sicily when he stops getting suspended. Was hoping for a bargain 92-100 AVG from someone.
Hunt to Yeo still makes money. Could get a sneaky 90avg there.
95 today and spent a bit of time at full back before Allen went was moved down to help out.

Last edited:

I'd still advise not getting Sinclair unless you are desperate for a rd 12 defender.

His role is still not what it was from last year with Stocker and Milera taking alot of his seagull possessions. The other thing was his 107 on the weekend, came from 32 touches which he won't consistently get.

I'd still advise not getting Sinclair unless you are desperate for a rd 12 defender.

His role is still not what it was from last year with Stocker and Milera taking alot of his seagull possessions. The other thing was his 107 on the weekend, came from 32 touches which he won't consistently get.
I definitely won't be.
Already traded him in and out this year.
Add last year's ownership at top dollar when I finally caved , and he hasn't tonned up once for me. Cursed.

Probably gonna end up with,
Dawson, Docherty, Daicos
Sicily, Stewart, Day

Possibly a triple downgrade. Johnson, Sheldrick and Windhager in - hopefully freeing up 300k or so to upgrade next week. When there might be someone worthwhile upgrading to....
Yup. I don't have Johnson, Sheldrick, Windhager or Fahey. Too many to choose from. Then there's the risky Fyfe pick. Was going to get Stewart this week after his bye, so will probably only be able to choose 2 rookies. Fahey will probably have to wait til after the bye.

Change of plans. Need Wardlaw, and my Round 15 is f*cked anyway - so I might as well load up as much as possible to have 3/4 good rounds, and a meh one - so that I'm stronger coming out of the byes.

JVR > Sheldrick
Pedlar > Wardlaw
Hunt > Sinclair

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1 trade is definately locked in;

JVR to Joel Jeffrey $444k FWD.

Been eying off Jeffrey all year to play half back, just simple math. King + Luko + Cas + Chol up top ment he wouldn't of fit in up there. Has the skill set to be a Ryan Burton type operator for us.

He's already played two games there in Darwin which is pretty funny because everyone scored bad but he put up some good scores of 61,75. Has a breakeven of 42 at $444k he'll be a good cash grab when coaches have looked at Greenwood, Yeo, Ward, Himmelberg, Hobbs, Fiorini, Atkins in the last month.

I know some coaches may feel sour after Fiorini and Atkins but if you noticed in the Darwin game Jeffrey was getting kick outs, Weller & Ellis to come back you'll think but Farrar and Atkins more likely to come out.

If named and you need a swap like what im doing, consider.

So after Walsh rescued a respectable score he stays.

So trades very likely gonna be

Wagner to Fahey/Sheldrick
Hunt to DEF
Smithers to DEF

Just gotta wait until tommorow night to decide who they will be.

Held $455K this week, thinking:

Merrett (suspended) - Crouch
Wagner - Vlastuin (one week play v Saints)
Cowan - Robertson (should get a couple of weeks in the 1's with McCluggage out. Swans then Saints hopefully 2 decent scores).

Leaves $277K for R15 trades. 21 on field next week, 22 R15 barring carnage.

I need one mid premo and two fwd premos to have 18 above 750k+. Then I can start tinkering with punting out the faux premos.

Hobbs, JVR, Noah Long likely to be the three who go.

Two basements and premo. Maybe Fahey, Maric (at least he is certain to play every game) and Steele.

Possibly a triple downgrade. Johnson, Sheldrick and Windhager in - hopefully freeing up 300k or so to upgrade next week. When there might be someone worthwhile upgrading to....
So are you downgrading your downgrades that you downgraded to from your earlier downgrades that you first downgraded to ........?:drunk:

1 trade is definately locked in;

JVR to Joel Jeffrey $444k FWD.

Been eying off Jeffrey all year to play half back, just simple math. King + Luko + Cas + Chol up top ment he wouldn't of fit in up there. Has the skill set to be a Ryan Burton type operator for us.

He's already played two games there in Darwin which is pretty funny because everyone scored bad but he put up some good scores of 61,75. Has a breakeven of 42 at $444k he'll be a good cash grab when coaches have looked at Greenwood, Yeo, Ward, Himmelberg, Hobbs, Fiorini, Atkins in the last month.

I know some coaches may feel sour after Fiorini and Atkins but if you noticed in the Darwin game Jeffrey was getting kick outs, Weller & Ellis to come back you'll think but Farrar and Atkins more likely to come out.

If named and you need a swap like what im doing, consider.
Jeffery has way more X-factor than Burton, his skills are sublime at times.

Jeffery has way more X-factor than Burton, his skills are sublime at times.

Whats your current take on Anderson - his 125 BE suggests I should wait another week or two maybe - priced ok for a 102avg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back