Trades 2023 Fantasy Round 6 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rozee VC it is, and straight C on Miller - not much else I can do given I have no idea whether Davey Jnr. is playing, and everyone else plays earlier. Almost want to get Serong in over Touk, so I can just VC him, loll

I could VC Darcy, but that would be just a complete waste.

EDIT: Maybe Dunkley as well...but he's been hopeless this year...

The skill, is that decision of holding or trading Oliver and / or Green

Similar to Will day .....hold or trade ? ....for those who held, they're faced with potentially having him, Oliver and Green out this week

I still think there's skill in how you handle these situations
A bit of both for me. I'd day it's probably 80% luck when it comes to injuries, unless you're picking up known injury risk guys. and 20% skill when it comes to trading.

Rozee VC it is, and straight C on Miller - not much else I can do given I have no idea whether Davey Jnr. is playing, and everyone else plays earlier. Almost want to get Serong in over Touk, so I can just VC him, loll

I could VC Darcy, but that would be just a complete waste.

EDIT: Maybe Dunkley as well...but he's been hopeless this year...
Thinking Rozee or Dunkly VC myself. Going to whack the C on Brad Crouch against the Blues.

Going to pass on English and Serong tonight. Given ruck match up and Brodie back in the guts. Serong days as a 110+ may be done.

Just caught up on the news for today... My last two trade ins have been Oliver and Green.

If Oliver misses i might just go a little crazy

crazy GIF

Settled on the below trades for this week. Cleaning house on the bench and allowing Ginbey, MacKenzie & Chandler one more week to try bust a score.

Soured late on Chayce Jones given it's only two weeks worth of data on him. Let's see if I get Bevo'd instead. Hopefully it will be in a month's time not tonight.

Gets me down to only 5 rookies on field, of which I get loop cracks at two of them.

Holding Green and Day. Still have Stocker who's BE is 64, but his next 3 are at Marvel where he is averaging 89 this year.

Butters might still be in next week, his Rd 15 bye is appealing and his BE of 75 means he shouldn't get too far away from us this week if he tons.

1682065214579.png

Last edited:
Just caught up on the news for today... My last two trade ins have been Oliver and Green.

If Oliver misses i might just go a little crazy

crazy GIF
The thing is there's no guarantees Will Day, Tom Green, Oliver etc. will even be ready for next week. The pessimist in me thinks most likely one of them will strain a calf or something in training.

Hey lads, plotting the slightly aggressive trade option of moving Green on being just outside the top 100 and would love your thoughts which combo I should go. Leaning towards option A but would love your thoughts!

Option A: Laird + S. Mitchell
Option B: Butters + JJ

Hey lads, plotting the slightly aggressive trade option of moving Green on being just outside the top 100 and would love your thoughts which combo I should go. Leaning towards option A but would love your thoughts!

Option A: Laird + S. Mitchell
Option B: Butters + JJ
I really like B. There's a world where both can get you all the way to their Rd 15 bye (with Butters potentially held for the year).

Would be very unique to be holding both around your rank I'd imagine, given a vast majority are going to keep Green and so won't be able to get both Butters and JJ in. Also think those that do get off Green are more likely to sideways/up to Touk to points chase.

r5 trades.jpg

Think I've settled on this. Pretty blend trades but gives me options for next week with 133k.

English is a must next week. Hickey playing 2's. Ladhams will finally go. This gives me many options to hold someone like Stocker if he's racking up 80's or trade a Chandler/Ginbey instead of having to turf a Worpel with 114 in his system.

Can't go another week leaving Bytel dead on the bench so it really limited my options.

The only other option was Stocker to Butters as second trade but that means I struggle to get English next week. And I spent all week talking Butters down so couldn't do it...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've generally found that omissions excepted, just go with the trades you're feeling on Wednesday. Lock them in early and try to enjoy your weekend.

Settled on the below trades for this week. Cleaning house on the bench and allowing Ginbey, MacKenzie & Chandler one more week to try bust a score.

Soured late on Chayce Jones given it's only two weeks worth of data on him. Let's see if I get Bevo'd instead. Hopefully it will be in a month's time not tonight.

Gets me down to only 5 rookies on field, of which I get loop cracks at two of them.

Holding Green and Day. Still have Stocker who's BE is 64, but his next 3 are at Marvel where he is averaging 89 this year.

Butters might still be in next week, his Rd 15 bye is appealing and his BE of 75 means he shouldn't get too far away from us this week if he tons.

View attachment 1666426
Role was there for JJ he's just no good

Did Mackenzie to Johnson last night.

Looking at either:

Uwland to Cincotta
Ginbey to Cincotta
Davey to Roberts.

Currently have 278k in the bank.

Uwland could be handy this week as the late loop (allowing for Laird VC). Unknown if Davey is playing and won’t know before having to make the trade.

Alternative options are trade Hollands instead (he’s on field covering Green)

What do you guys think?

Did Mackenzie to Johnson last night.

Looking at either:

Uwland to Cincotta
Ginbey to Cincotta
Davey to Roberts.

Currently have 278k in the bank.

Uwland could be handy this week as the late loop (allowing for Laird VC). Unknown if Davey is playing and won’t know before having to make the trade.

Alternative options are trade Hollands instead (he’s on field covering Green)

What do you guys think?

Uwland not coming back anything soon so can go.

I think Ginbey is a safe trade out too. Not sure I trust him to score highly anytime soon. Bit worried about him being named at half forward and the coach's comments about managing him and trying him in different roles.

I think his inside mid role might be gone and he's a huge sub risk

Done a little bit of a flip and now leaning towards trading Chandler out before Ginbey despite the uncertainty on Ginbey’s role/TOG and higher breakeven, and Chandler’s soft draw coming up.

Just figure Ginbey’s a better footballer who tackles more and over time he’ll score more points. Chandler has done what he’s done on relatively low TOG, kicking straight, and bar the 100 in r1 (7 tackles) has been mid 60s and a 40 with 2 tackles. It just doesn’t seem like a scoring formula.

Am I mad?

Bit worried about him being named at half forward and the coach's comments about managing him and trying him in different roles.
This is actually a fair shout. Everyone else in that side seems to be named where they’re likely to play. Every week before this Simpson has named the side relatively in line (bar Yeo) with where players will play. Half forward is ominous

I think Ginbey is a safe trade out too. Not sure I trust him to score highly anytime soon. Bit worried about him being named at half forward and the coach's comments about managing him and trying him in different roles.

1682119076776.png
Team for reference. 278k in bank

I could trade Ginbey up to Ziebell (worried about Hall impact), Baker (consistency in role?), Warner. Huge flier on Chayce Jones.....Basically anyone under 767k but I don't love the options.

Hence was looking at the double downgrade/fix rookies this week.

Could trade Uwland to Mitchell or Cincotta for minimal cash gen (gives 335k bank), VC Rozee and use Madden as the loop for captain choice?

Or hold Uwland this week for captain flexibility?

This is actually a fair shout. Everyone else in that side seems to be named where they’re likely to play. Every week before this Simpson has named the side relatively in line (bar Yeo) with where players will play. Half forward is ominous
Looking at the bench

Foley (DEF),
Culley (MID)
Trew?
West (FWD-MID)

Locked in my trades of Butters and Roberts for Hollands and MacKenzie or Chandler? Whichever one I keep out of MacKenzie and Chandler will play onfield. Thoughts?

What makes you say this .....Uwland's VFL numbers are quite strong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back