Fixture 2023 Fixture News & Leaks : Round 1 Released, see OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, I'm not a fan. They wanted the team they share the most GF's with, they should get them.
At least Bombers is a winnable game. If the Bombers are playing Hawks then Suns in Melbourne to start the year, and they somehow manage to scrape through in both, they will get a good crowd against the Bombers. Still, you’d think they’d get the Pies if that’s the team they were wanting to play.

So the fixture won't be released tomorrow - just the Gather Round.

Great work, AFL.
Don’t get your hopes up that the AFL would release the “Gather Round” matchups tomorrow either tbh :rolleyes:

Take it with a pinch of salt, but...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221208-210250_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20221208-210250_Instagram.jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 226

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One hour gaps between double headers? Who is going to wait around to watch another team? Ridiculous.
Hawks game will be Ok @ Norwood but Freo v GC will be the lowest non COVID crowd in 80 years.
Mostly one sided games looming as well.
AFL have mucked this up in so many ways. Will be the first and last time anyone gathers.

Last edited:
One hour gaps between double headers? Who is going to wait around to watch another team? Ridiculous.
The grounds need to change over coaches boxes, benches, sponsors, and more. One hour is even going to be tough on club staff. There are logistics involved in double headers happening at the same ground that needs time.

Not expecting much next season regardless but if we're playing Geelong in Gather Round hopefully it means we skip having to go to Kardinia later on.

Also its equal parts humorous and sad that they predictably throw a GC vs Fremantle game on a Friday afternoon where no one will likely watch.

I’d be pretty pissed if I was a Freo fan, they finished top six last season and they get shunted out to a suburban oval in a timeslot when a large chunk of their fan base will still be at work.

I’d be pretty pissed if I was a Freo fan, they finished top six last season and they get shunted out to a suburban oval in a timeslot when a large chunk of their fan base will still be at work.
I was hoping that Essendon would be away from AO personally

Think you guys have already had enough salt this off season 😎
Stephen Curry Bae GIF by MOODMAN

The grounds need to change over coaches boxes, benches, sponsors, and more. One hour is even going to be tough on club staff. There are logistics involved in double headers happening at the same ground that needs time.
The coaches takes their laptops and signage out of the room. 1min.
AO has three full sized AFL change rooms and four further smaller change rooms. If they can’t do it it in 20 mins, they should forget the whole concept. Most people will leave.

NRL have 15-20 minutes between games for their magic round and seem to do all of that change over just fine...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back