Fixture 2023 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

So, looks like the club has the inside word on next year’s fixture…

Bahahahaha!!!!! Love it. That'd just be some more sh*thousery from Tom & Brett in the SM team. Still undefeated.

Didn't someone post a leak of the round 1 fixture somewhere that had us playing Brisbane at Optus?
I assume after the draft there will be the usual staged release of bits and pieces before the full fixture comes out. I think they've said they'll announce the magic round match ups before they release the fixture

FWIW a budgie booster mate of mine said someone he knows at that cesspit of a joint told him they've been told both Derbies this year will be Sat night games. Who knows if that's right but I like that as a concept and actually think it makes sense from a TV POV as well. Fewer outside the state would be interested so they could put on a bigger game on FTA and we get the local showcase at premo time.

I doubt that they'd know anything for sure yet but I'd be happy if that bit turns out to be true.

Personally I like Sunday arvo games with Sat night 1A but I know others prefer Sat arvo. For me the worst time for us to have a home game is Friday night. Thanks to sucktardery of the public transport system here those games are a nightmare I reckon.

Fewer outside the state would be interested so they could put on a bigger game on FTA and we get the local showcase at premo time.

That fits with how the AFL fixture prime time games for non Victorian clubs. There will be a double header Friday night or Saturday night where the WA/SA side hosting the non Vic FTA game and then the likes of Collingwood v Essendon at the same time at the G.

So, looks like the club has the inside word on next year’s fixture…

I do seriously admire our Media team, they seem to be leaders in their field, but I can’t help thinking more could have been made of the delightful young lady in the crowd down at the Cattery who burst out of her seat and screamed “let’s ******* go!!!” amongst the throng of knuckle dragging Geebungers.

It was up there with the Freddy chase/Sonny goal in the finals for me.

I do seriously admire our Media team, they seem to be leaders in their field, but I can’t help thinking more could have been made of the delightful young lady in the crowd down at the Cattery who burst out of her seat and screamed “let’s ******* go!!!” amongst the throng of knuckle dragging Geebungers.

May be something to do with consent?

I have it saved in my favourites on my phone, among my children and dog :tearsofjoy:

IMG_8646.GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again.... Because of making a final and also a floating fixtures
Finals? We played both of ours on Saturdays.

Our Friday night fixtures were North (R8), Richmond (R19) and Melbourne (R20).

Yeah, the floating fixture no doubt contributed to at least 2 of those 3, but I can't imagine the AFL letting go of that level of power in 2023. We deserve 1-2 Friday nights at the start of the season, but will have to prove ourselves for the remainder.

Finals? We played both of ours on Saturdays.

Our Friday night fixtures were North (R8), Richmond (R19) and Melbourne (R20).

Yeah, the floating fixture no doubt contributed to at least 2 of those 3, but I can't imagine the AFL letting go of that level of power in 2023. We deserve 1-2 Friday nights at the start of the season, but will have to prove ourselves for the remainder.
Here's hoping that the AFL feel that we haven't proved ourselves.

Apart from the bullshit of playing away AGAIN in round one, that is perfect. The Saints will take at least 8 -9 rounds to learn Lyon ball, best time to get them.
Looks like both WA sides are away in Round 1, and both are home in Round 2. All thanks to Bastyy's mate Ed Sheeran booking out Optus Stadium on the 12th of March.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back