12 – Hawthorn - Brandon Ryan
13 – Richmond - James Trezise
14 – GWS - PASS
15 – Sydney - Jack Buller

Watch here from 7pm -

LIVE FROM 7PM AEST: Watch the 2023 AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft

Last edited:

I’m pretty keen for Essendon to nab Tresize
Yeah I'd prefer him over Teal. I mentioned him here a few weeks ago before he had a couple of blinders as a chance of getting taken. Looks like a lock now. Hasn't been in an elite pathway at all until this year so should have plenty of room for improvement too

Yeah I'd prefer him over Teal. I mentioned him here a few weeks ago before he had a couple of blinders as a chance of getting taken. Looks like a lock now. Hasn't been in an elite pathway at all until this year so should have plenty of room for improvement too
Looks to be one of the highest upside players in the draft in my opinion.. we might not get a crack at him if you guys grab him first

A bonus Ryan Maric vid as I already had the footage

He looks good but not sure if we should be rewarding 19 year olds dominating against kids a year younger as much as we do. Would prefer to see him having played 5 vfl games to get a better indication of his true ability

He looks good but not sure if we should be rewarding 19 year olds dominating against kids a year younger as much as we do. Would prefer to see him having played 5 vfl games to get a better indication of his true ability
Agreed, the first game I did for him was a better demonstration of what he would bring. This one he was almost playing as a loose defender, didn't impact the contest much, just ran around getting easy kicks.

I've already got Sharks vs Hawks from last week on file. He had 26 and a goal in that game, should be a decent showcase.

Thanks mate...Anything you can put together, I'm spruiking him on our board at the moment.
Not getting enough love for mine.

That was probably his quietest game for the year too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks need a key forward big time. Who's the best available? Brandon Ryan looks like a giant but idk if he's too tall lol.

Top 3 picks are going to be from BH in MSD

Maric, Tucker & Stanley

All 3 playing well with Maric and Stanley among the goals as BH lead Bombers 44-15

Maric has just shown a perfect demo to any recruiters in doubt.

Kicks two goals, good with hands and vision and good forward pressure with a cracking tackle.

Very surprised if he doesn't go No.1 next Wednesday.
This is the perfect summary from Kuuz about Maric. I will be shocked if he's not Pick No. 1 after his performance today for Box Hill in the second half. He's 193cm tall but can play a lot smaller. He is agile, has good hands and vision, and applies forward pressure. He's not a third tall in the mold of Jack Gunston, but rather Fergus Greene. But he looks like a better prospect than Fergus Greene, and I'm quite high on Greene. He should be a good player.

This is the perfect summary from Kuuz about Maric. I will be shocked if he's not Pick No. 1 after his performance today for Box Hill in the second half. He's 193cm tall but can play a lot smaller. He is agile, has good hands and vision, and applies forward pressure. He's not a third tall in the mold of Jack Gunston, but rather Fergus Greene. But he looks like a better prospect than Fergus Greene, and I'm quite high on Greene. He should be a good player.
In terms of need, I would think Callum Brown also ticks lots of boxes for both Eagles and North. A readymade AFL mid to support the 2 teams struggling in that area. Will suit few other teams as well if he doesn't go early. 36 disposals and his calm demeanour repelled any chance of Bombers getting back in the game.

Hawthorn seems stacked for options in mid with Neg Long, Hustwaite, C Stephens etc also dominating

Remove this Banner Ad

Back