NFL 2023 - NFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats probably fair, I probably am being too harsh given where he was picked. Just a big fan of some of a couple of guys that went after him.

I mean, we'll have to be judged on Carter. If he's the best DT prospect since Warren Sapp, then we're sweet. If he gets fat and doesn't produce we've blown it.

It's hard not to like what we got against what we needed though. Smith doesn't need to step in right away and produce as the first line starter, we've still got Reddick, Curry, Graham and I guess Barnett.

Same as Ringo can largely redshirt.

Not everyone we drafted will pan out, but they all look like value.

I mean, we'll have to be judged on Carter. If he's the best DT prospect since Warren Sapp, then we're sweet. If he gets fat and doesn't produce we've blown it.

It's hard not to like what we got against what we needed though. Smith doesn't need to step in right away and produce as the first line starter, we've still got Reddick, Curry, Graham and I guess Barnett.

Same as Ringo can largely redshirt.

Not everyone we drafted will pan out, but they all look like value.

Im hardly giving you a bad draft grade its still an A. Just thought the steelers was safer with a similar talent level. Far better draft than my own team.

Im hardly giving you a bad draft grade its still an A. Just thought the steelers was safer with a similar talent level. Far better draft than my own team.

I tend to not get too upset by different drafting analyses- the number of times over the years I've been extremely wrong.

Seems there is a world where Charbonet takes over as Seattle's RB1. Geez Walker fantasy stock has plummeted out of nowhere hasn't it... :tearsofjoy: (I shouldn't laugh, traded for him in the Fleaflicker league last season and my RB stocks there are dreadful)

Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll said Ken Walker and Zach Charbonnet will "battle" for the team's lead back role this summer.​

Carroll complimented Charbonnet's receiving prowess after taking the UCLA back in the second round of the 2023 draft. “He’s so versatile. He just will fit in and be a great addition," Carroll said. "And really, we’re gonna find out how far he can take it in terms of the receiving part of it. We know he’s really good at it. But so is Kenneth, so those guys will be battling." Walker, who entered the league with a questionable pass-catching profile, struggled mightily as a pass catcher in 2022, notching the tenth lowest yards per route run among qualifying running backs. The Seahawks also drafted Georgia RB Kenny McIntosh in the seventh round. Denny Carter, Patrick Daugherty, and Connor Rogers discussed the jumbled Seattle backfield on the latest Rotoworld Football Show.

I tend to not get too upset by different drafting analyses- the number of times over the years I've been extremely wrong.

I loved Zach Wilson, say no more. :$

Been pretty good on edge prospects however.

I loved Zach Wilson, say no more. :$

Been pretty good on edge prospects however.

I honestly don't watch enough college to have a clue, and nor do a lot of people I suspect.

People are often getting stuck in based upon what they've read in mocks or post draft summaries of players etc and that's extremely fraught- someone doesnt agree with second hand opinions that they've received that are glowing and its worth fighting over or whatever.

I don't have a clue. Grades are high this year, so yay, but you can only really judge it years on.

I hated the Hurts pick. Pretty sure I renounced my fandom.

I honestly don't watch enough college to have a clue, and nor do a lot of people I suspect.

People are often getting stuck in based upon what they've read in mocks or post draft summaries of players etc and that's extremely fraught- someone doesnt agree with second hand opinions that they've received that are glowing and its worth fighting over or whatever.

I don't have a clue. Grades are high this year, so yay, but you can only really judge it years on.

I hated the Hurts pick. Pretty sure I renounced my fandom.

This. I also don't spend a lot of time looking at draft candidates unless its a guy that there is a lot of noise about with the 49ers so I admit I have no idea and had never heard of most of the guys the team drafted until I heard their name called. But I do know,

40% of a typical NFL roster is made up of UDFAs. Some of this is economics in that a cheap steet FA for depth is better than a more expensive vet, even if the vet is marginally better player.

Outside of about 3 positions (QB, DE, LT) I look at a roster build as the sum of all parts (cap space, FA moves, the draft and UDFAs). I'm more concerned about what the team is trying to achieve as a body of work rather than lose my s**t about a questionable draft pick.

Arguably the worst 49er draft in the Lynch/Shanahan era was their first one with Solomon and Foster taken in the 1st, everyone applauded them immediately afterwards for their quality draft, yet it took a 5th round TE to save that class.

I refuse to believe that drops you 4 rounds. Either the analysts got it way wrong or there is something else.

From what i've read just doesn't seem that interested in being an NFL thru that question, his response in other interviews and then his work at Senior Bowl and Combine. Playing for a paycheck and not cos he wants to play nfl he's too heavy and small for NBA so his fall back is nfl. One of those guys who plays cos he's good at something not because he likes it, they never seem to last long.

From what i've read just doesn't seem that interested in being an NFL thru that question, his response in other interviews and then his work at Senior Bowl and Combine. Playing for a paycheck and not cos he wants to play nfl he's too heavy and small for NBA so his fall back is nfl. One of those guys who plays cos he's good at something not because he likes it, they never seem to last long.

I should have read the "he also..." part on twitter before commenting...Fair enough if there is multiple things I suppose.

Could understand how it would scare the Titans after Isiah Wilson. :tearsofjoy:... wonder if that idiot is broke yet. A Georgia bulldog btw ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back