NFL 2023 - NFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Parker Washington in the sixth round is a steal, shame hes going to the Jags who already have WRs galore. :(

Boutte's combine has him drop a shitload, not a terrible pick from NE at that stage, not much to lose

Louis Riddick fapping about Detroit having a "three headed monster" backfield of Gibbs, Monty and Swift after the Lions selected Gibbs and not even suggesting that Swift could/will be traded shows you why he cant get a job as a GM.

Love the talent like Penny, but Penny and Swift are both injury prone as *. Eagles got more confidence than me in that backfield holding up

Gainwell looked a competent starter the back end of the year. With Hurts and the o-line, we're going to be ok in the run game.

Simply put, the 49ers took champagne to a beer party. They could afford to pay overs for the guy they wanted rather than risk waiting til later or hoping a good kicker signed with them as a udfa.

Of course they overpaid but relative to their other roster needs they could afford to splash.

The GM probably figured they might as well draft a kicker to try to score in the playoffs because Shanahan negligently gets every quarterback on the roster injured every year.

"Champagne".

Sure laugh guys, we deserve it.

Yes Shanahan can't get out of his own way sometimes but every time the 49ers scrounge out just average QB play the NFC Championship game seems to be the floor.

Now watch Moody donk one off the upright for the game winning FG after Sam Darnold drives the team the length of the field in the SB.

The floor is translating a supposedly stacked roster into capping out at being able to beat Dallas in the playoffs. Which is great, I applaud it each year.

The GM probably figured they might as well draft a kicker to try to score in the playoffs because Shanahan negligently gets every quarterback on the roster injured every year.

"Champagne".

We did sign an UDFA fullback who played some QB in college....its the master stroke.

If you're going to be running screen games, probably better that McCaffrey is catching them rather than throwing

Agreed...running backs take far less punishment than Shanahan QBs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be weaving the new Jets TE into all future conversations with my less than favourable customers starting Monday.
Might also be a way around the profanity filter

I think the Eagles smashed this off-season. Their GM and recruiting team have been brilliant with their drafting the last few seasons. Given the NFC is weak as right now, and probably only have 2-3 teams inside the top 10 in the whole of the NFL, the NFC will be ripe for the Eagles to own for awhile.

As a Rams fan, sadly the Seahawks get a high grade for me. They are building their new legion of boom, whilst building some more weapons around Geno. They will edge the Niners for the NFC West this year.

The Steelers and Ravens, damn. I am not sold on the Steelers offense, but they and the Ravens have both historically had brutal defenses. I liked some of the acquisitions by the Steelers. Porter in the second round was a steal. Both addressed their defense with solid additions. Ravens addressed the offense, but it will be interesting how these new weapons gel into the passing game. I rate Jackson along with Hurts, as the only two run first QBs that can hurt you with their arm as well. Could see the Ravens passing more to protect Jacksons longevity from repeat injuries, and mid tier running backs, who are all injury riddled anyway.

Colts had a good draft, if they get the best out of Richardson, this draft will be a big win for them. And I will throw in the Texans as well. They played bold, and it will either be boom or bust for them. Some feel they gave away to much to get another high end pick. I liked the move. The Texans line and RBS are underrated. I think if they can fix up their defense, and find some weapons at WR. Might find a few more wins than most might predict.

As for the worst. Lions, look they made some good picks. Filled some needs. But they reached to many times. Could have drafted a few high grade players, along with the ones they wanted if they were more patient. Their gains of Monty and Gibbs this off-season is confusing, as Williams and Swift were the same type of combo last season.

Dolphins and Broncos had no picks.

Thought Jacksonville and Browns didn't not have a strong draft, it is almost like they can never have two good drafts in a row. Nor did the Buccs, who are now looking at some lean years post Brady.

Cowboys, Chargers and Raiders could have done better for three teams trying to make the next step up.

And finally my team, I thought the Rams did solid for the most part. I liked the drafting of Avila in the second round. With Bruss coming back from injury, they will be set at guard for a decade. Just need another center, and still not sold on tackle quality. Glad we addressed the D line strongly with two interior, and three edge types. I guess its a case of recruit a few, and hope one becomes a high level start type. Stetson Bennett is interesting, but I am okay with trying him out as back up. No guarantee we will be in the range for a top tier QB next season. Have some big holes in secondary and need an elite tall WR to stretch the field. Feel they will still be a one dimensional Kupp focused offense, with an average running game.

Last edited:
Convinced the Panthers completely bombed on day 2, didnt mind day 3 (not sure about the need for ANOTHER safety but at least the value was alright) and 1

Overall: C-

Remove this Banner Ad

Back