Toast 2023 Rising Star - Congratulations Harry Sheezel of The North Melbourne Football Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Connor MacDonald had a great game. 28 touches, 2 Goals, 444 meters gained, and 3 Goal assists. Nice work from the young fella
Is not eligible. Played too many last year.

Seamus Mitchell with another excellent game in defense.

Coughed up a couple of goals to Cameron but thought he had the better of him across 4 quarters.
Deserves one for body of work.

Mitch Owens is doing some crazy things for a 19yo.
Ridiculous what he’s doing. Contested marking, pack marking, crumbing goals, snaps, rucking, was/is clearly no.1 in the whole comp for post-clearance contested possessions, and now we can add going behind the ball late in the game to take intercept marks etc.

His latest game, returning from concussion:

21 disposals (12 contested)
8 marks (3 contested)
7 inside 50’s
6 score involvements
2 goals 2
490m-gained
108 SuperCoach points

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From St Kilda? Or is there another Owens?

15 disposals and a goal a game is clearly the best?

Not clearly the best but he's much more than those numbers.

If you look deeper at the stats he's actually rated elite in a lot of statistics including being the number 1 post-stoppage-contested possession player in the AFL by a very large margin.

Seamus Mitchell with another excellent game in defense.

Coughed up a couple of goals to Cameron but thought he had the better of him across 4 quarters.
Mathew Johnson had 25 with a full game in the middle after JOM was out. Going to be a star and make a lot of clubs blush letting him slide to the 2nd round.

Pity Cam MacKenzie is nailing the sub role.
12 disposals at 92% eff, and 5 inside 50’s in 40% game time.
More inside 50’s in that time than any Brisbane midfielder.

Needs a full game to get a nomination.

4 kids are having insane years and I hope all 4 of them keep up with their current level of play because I think it's basically splitting hairs between each of them. Amiss and Owens were ridiculous this weekend

The last two years crops are amazing.

Last year had Daicos, Martin, Newcombe and De Koning which is a fair foursome as well.

4 kids are having insane years and I hope all 4 of them keep up with their current level of play because I think it's basically splitting hairs between each of them. Amiss and Owens were ridiculous this weekend
I forgot Humphrey who's been amazing as well. 5 talents having amazing years

4 goals for Amiss in shocking conditions for a Key Forward. Has 23.7 for the season, on track for 45-50 goals this season. What's the number required to overtake Sheezel/Ashcroft?

Not being a skinny Fremantle forward.

Every bit as impressive as Sheezel and Ashcroft but without the profile.

But more seriously Hogan won with 44 goals in 20 games which would go close for Amiss.

Owens probably similar in terms of profile to Amiss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back