Game Day 2023 Round 04 Bloods v. Port Adelaide - Sat. 8 Apr - 7:30 PM - SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The forwards got lots of floaty high balls into the fifty gave Alir an easy day out. When he's one on one he struggles.
Both McCartins out will give us a chance to hopefully see Gould / Francis next week , just a really ordinary team performance and the lack of composure killed us. I get trying to move the ball fast but it shouldn't be the only way we can play. Once they got that run on in the last quarter you could see it coming though.

Who is the rookie KPD we got? Bout 197 and a body like Thor...Yeah, put him in with Gould.
Fox would be the 2nd KPD to come in but as he is the sub he isn't an official in for next week

Hayward & Heeney missed a couple each that were very getable - or have you selective memory??
Franklin's kick felt the most important. It wasn't a hard kick and he was kicking with the wind. I said at the time "kick this and we win". It was a 4 goal breeze, so we had to be 3+ goals up. I don't even know what you're arguing against. It was very obviously a key moment.

But even apart from that, Bud really screwed us today. He was hopeless all night.

How poor was the goal line shepherding by Swans players who ran off celebrating before the ball had even gone through. Was it Mills and Ladhams? Very disappointing as that could have been worked through for a goal.

Heeney very disappointing tonight and sad to say it bud Buddy is past his playing date. Offered minimal benefit for Swans tonight and gave up many frees when out of position. He'll kick 3-4 next week to prove everyone wrong but time is catching up with the champion.

Hope McCartin brothers are okay although their concussion opens the door for Gould and Francis to step in for Swans.

Bad luck Ollie, you did your bit with a cracker of a game and 30cm was the difference between being a hero or not. Kudos for Allir Allir for never giving up.

Franklin's kick felt the most important. It wasn't a hard kick and he was kicking with the wind. I said at the time "kick this and we win". It was a 4 goal breeze, so we had to be 3+ goals up. I don't even know what you're arguing against. It was very obviously a key moment.

But even apart from that, Bud really screwed us today. He was hopeless all night.
What rot what about the others who missed easy goals? Yeah Franklin wasn’t great but neither were a number of others. There were 3 who could hold their heads high, Rampe, Florent & Warner. The rest you could raffle.

How poor was the goal line shepherding by Swans players who ran off celebrating before the ball had even gone through. Was it Mills and Ladhams? Very disappointing as that could have been worked through for a goal.

Heeney very disappointing tonight and sad to say it bud Buddy is past his playing date. Offered minimal benefit for Swans tonight and gave up many frees when out of position. He'll kick 3-4 next week to prove everyone wrong but time is catching up with the champion.

Hope McCartin brothers are okay although their concussion opens the door for Gould and Francis to step in for Swans.

Bad luck Ollie, you did your bit with a cracker of a game and 30cm was the difference between being a hero or not. Kudos for Allir Allir for never giving up.
Agreed, but at the same time, it was barely shoulder high on the goal line. Would have been a cracking effort to be able to get that one over the line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we played any team and their two key defenders went off concussed in the first quarter, we would expect to win at least 9 times out of 10.

Don’t think the effort was bad as people as thought. I thought the pressure was high from both teams, and the slippery conditions and wind also contributed to some messy play.

We didn’t play well, but good to keep things in perspective.

If our defence fell apart I wouldnt blame the coach. Our defence held strong, our forward line fell apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back