Game Day 2023 Round 06 Geelong v Bloods at Kardinia Park Sat. 7.25 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Effort was there in the last at least.
Reckon Rowbottom and others told to forget their assignments and hunt the ball. Rowbottom especially looked a different player.

Aye. Chin up folks. We overrate some of our players. We are a mid table team.
We have the talent to be top 4 imo. Atm I agree we are playing like a mid table team, tonight not even mid table. It's a long season though. A lot of work to do but it's early in the season we have time to do the work.

Sure…but our midfielders are there they have been spanked
Yes but so much of sport is played between the ears. Knowing you don’t have a defence behind you changes the way you play.

Honestly don’t believe the players thought they could win.

To be frank. The biggest overall difference between the sides has been the tackling. Our tackling is pathetic, theirs is elite. Once a great tackling side, we are just about the worst in the comp.This was exacerbated by the size advantage they had tonight.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

rowbottom had a huge ceack, but he’s small and just constantly get manhandled.

Said it against the Dees but he's had a terrible start to the year, there's just no pressure on those positions.

To be frank. The biggest overall difference between the sides has been the tackling. Our tackling is pathetic, theirs is elite. Once a great tackling side, we are just about the worst in the comp.This was exacerbated by the size advantage they had tonight.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

To add to this though, it's hard to tackle well when they're given an eternity and if the ball drops out it's play on. The amount of throws or drops that were just ignored was criminal. It clearly spooked us as we knew they could just do as they pleased in the contest. That late play in their f50 with Henry I think with about 6 Swans around them, we were just gassed and had no idea how to stop them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee the midfield was baddddd tonight. Parker with 21 and Warner 19 - both with next to no impact. Backline completely disorganised at times and super fumbly. Lost all our forward structure in the 2nd half after we moved Francis back so I understand why we had him up as a forward just for the structure.

Really missing Rampe and his leadership as well as skill, the McCartin boys are a massive out too and that was highly evident tonight. While the midfield was poor if those three were in I'm certain they would have made a much better go of it. We're a team who builds our game off strong defence and we just don't have the personnel to execute currently.

Maybe we lose by more, but at least you reward people who showed a bit in a win instead of carrying people like Cunningham

and yes maybe Gould starts and gets flogged, but at least you see what you have and play your skipper and leading mid in a position he can try to help you win from.

Just shrugging and going woulda lost anyway woopsie, well thats just simple minded and ridiculous imo, why bother playing then, we wouldn't have ever won, just freshen the whole team up and forfeit

Warner and Gould are nowhere near it. Introduce them into the team gradually and give them experience, but playing them every week at this stage of their development wouldn't be helpful for anyone.

I didn't think Francis was terrible. At least he tried to get involved, unlike McDonald and McLean.

I thought Gulden was poor again and Warner had his worst game I can remember watching.

lol

played on Dangerfield who murdered him.. had his standard 12 possessions. If he fronts the media and says the Coaches are happy with him I will …… not be happy.

That's the problem with our midfield, they do have a crack but none of them are big. The trend in the AFL has been towards bigger (as in physical size) players in the midfield for quite some time now, like Bontempelli and Cripps. I don't think we've adapted to this well.

Jmc 5 disposals.
Stephens 6 disposals.

Both playing with not much confidence but to be fair, not too many opportunities anywhere tonight including down the wings.

Warner and Gould are nowhere near it. Introduce them into the team gradually and give them experience, but playing them every week at this stage of their development wouldn't be helpful for anyone.

I didn't think Francis was terrible. At least he tried to get involved, unlike McDonald and McLean.

I thought Gulden was poor again and Warner had his worst game I can remember watching.

They were introduced last week, played in a win and dropped

While someone like cunningham cruises along doing nothing all year.

Why wouldn't playing players help them? Gould is 23 and finally cracked the team, then made sub, and chucked on when the games done,

either play him or pick a better sub.

lol

played on Dangerfield who murdered him.. had his standard 12 possessions. If he fronts the media and says the Coaches are happy with him I will …… not be happy.

Yeah he’s clearly not big or powerful enough to go with guys like Dangerfield.

I don’t think you can fault his attack at the ball. He’s tough. But he’s not especially quick and he’s not particularly strong

Yeah he’s clearly not big or powerful enough to go with guys like Dangerfield.

I don’t think you can fault his attack at the ball. He’s tough. But he’s not especially quick and he’s not particularly strong

nor skilful nor able to get the ball. A better Clarke. Sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back