Trades 2023 Round 4 Fantasy Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What is usually the priority for trades in round 4?

I was looking at bringing Laird in next week but that can wait a couple more weeks now. I have a a couple of guys who's cash gen will stall in round 4 (Callaghan, Phillipou, likely Chesser) and a couple of red dots to sort out (Uwland, Heath) but there doesn't appear to be anyone coming up from underneath (short of JVR dropping a 50 today; Ryan stinking it up didn't help).

Short of dumping Bailey Smith or cheap players making their first appearances for the season, I might be limited with options next week.

Any thoughts on what my priorities should be heading into next round?

What is usually the priority for trades in round 4?

I was looking at bringing Laird in next week but that can wait a couple more weeks now. I have a a couple of guys who's cash gen will stall in round 4 (Callaghan, Phillipou, likely Chesser) and a couple of red dots to sort out (Uwland, Heath) but there doesn't appear to be anyone coming up from underneath (short of JVR dropping a 50 today; Ryan stinking it up didn't help).

Short of dumping Bailey Smith or cheap players making their first appearances for the season, I might be limited with options next week.

Any thoughts on what my priorities should be heading into next round?
Holes filled, any misfiring underperformers that have not got the role you expected them to have? then i guess its the traditional one up one down to the byes type stuff.

The best plan I can come up with is:

1) Downgrade Callaghan to a 200K rookie type, can be a little more than this.
2) Use this cash to upgrade Callaghan to Day - and push him into defence using DPP.

I can't see any problems with this plan at all...

Callaghan down to a rook (hopefully JVR shows something today)
Constable up to 725kish player

Was genuinely considering Mason Wood but the shoulder injury is a concern and he probably goes up by more than 30k so I won't be able to afford him.

Baker interests me if he keeps that role

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rage trades:
Laird to Oliver
Dawson to Sicily

Trades come mid-week
Worpel --Liam Baker
Chesser--Rookie

Callaghan > best mid or fwd rook (field Hollands)
Worp > LDU (if reports that it was just a corkie from last week a true)

With 6 trades so far I'll have done 2 rook moves and with the other 4 turned Bruhn/Flanders/Macrae/Worp into Ziebell/Day/Green/LDU. Stoked with that

Next target Sicily. No idea how

Callaghan > best mid or fwd rook (field Hollands)
Worp > LDU (if reports that it was just a corkie from last week a true)

With 6 trades so far I'll have done 2 rook moves and with the other 4 turned Bruhn/Flanders/Macrae/Worp into Ziebell/Day/Green/LDU. Stoked with that

Next target Sicily. No idea how
Was thinking this in the morning. Flanders > Rook and Worpel to LDU. Been fixed on getting Daicos but LDU for same price is enticing. Especially with Stewart about to become must have in defence.

Just thinking out loud.. if Stew comes down to around 600k and Ziebell eventually ends up at D6.. that would leave Ridley* > Sic as the only actual defender upgrade to be made (*or whichever mid price spud people got in last minute for Yeo)

Current backline is Doch Daicos Ridley Day Ginbey Wilmot.. could potentially only be 3 trades and 300k odd away from a soft completion with Doch Sic Daicos Stew Day Ziebell. While Daws and Sinclair remain far from must haves you could ride that out for a long way

Just thinking out loud.. if Stew comes down to around 600k and Ziebell eventually ends up at D6.. that would leave Ridley > Sic as the only actual defender upgrade to be made (or whichever mid price spud people got in last minute for Yeo)

Current backline is Doch Daicos Ridley Day Ginbey Wilmot.. could potentially only be 3 trades and 300k odd away from a soft completion with Doch Sic Daicos Stew Day Ziebell. While Daws and Sinclair remain far from must haves you could ride that out for a long way
Cheezel > Ziespud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back