Autopsy 2023 Round 7 – Sydney Swans vs GWS Giants, Saturday, April 29, 2.10PM AEST, SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
So, a wet day in Sydney. Who does that favour? It might slow down Swans' running game, but would also hinder our talls (less so Sydney, given they have less). As much as I think this game was up for grabs, the weather very much makes it a crapshoot. We did OK against Carlton in the wet, except for letting Cripps run riot in midfield. Hopefully with our first choice midfield in play, we can get ahead in that part of the game. Good luck to the hardy souls who brave the weather to turn up.

GWS v SYD.png

Let's go Giants and upset these Swans!

I think the weather helps us somewhat. Means the game won’t be as open which is their preference.

Going in I thought we would struggle to match up a combo of Franklin, McLean and mcdonald but the wet kind of negates that. And brown is a good selection in the wet

Brown will be really handy in the wet. Strong and Fast. Probably giving up some size to a tall but we can live with that in these conditions. He's really earnt his spot from being a forward pressure player early and now a dogged defender in the VFL.
We are as BIG as we were last year so the wet game may not suit us as much but Daniels and Bedford could be really handy today.
We need to put the clamp of Papley. My guess is Idun will get the job as he rarely loses 1on1s.

Yes. Nice run from the back, and pass from Toby to Toby 2. First goal in a nice finish from Toby Bedford. Hopefully lots of those to come in Giants colours!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on, Lachie Ash.

You can't lose concentration like that 30m out from goal.

Allowed Hayward an uninterrupted run to the ball.

A shame about that last goal. I still remember the game at the Gabba in 2021 when they got 3 goals in the last two minutes to win from a 40 point deficit ( during covid, Toby Greene was ruled our 1 hour before game started as he had been to the rugby game in VIC).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back