Preview 2023 Round 7 – Sydney Swans vs GWS Giants, Saturday, April 29, 2.10PM AEST, SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Team:

FB: Connor Idun, Nick Haynes, Isaac Cumming
HB: Lachie Whitfield, Jack Buckey, Lachie Ash
C: Finn Callaghan, Josh Kelly, Harry Perryman
HF: Brent Daniels, Harry Himmelberg, James Peatling
FF: Toby Greene, Jesse Hogan, Toby Bedford
RR: Matt Flynn, Tom Green, Stephen Coniglio

Interchange: Ryan Angwin, Aaron Cadman, Callum Brown, Xavier O’Halloran

In: Tom Green, Toby Bedford, Callum Brown
Out: Sam Taylor (hamstring), Callan Ward (suspension), Harry Rowston (omitted)

Emergencies: Josh Fahey, Jake Riccardi, Harry Rowston, Cameron Fleeton

Team:

FB: Connor Idun, Nick Haynes, Isaac Cumming
HB: Lachie Whitfield, Jack Buckey, Lachie Ash
C: Finn Callaghan, Josh Kelly, Harry Perryman
HF: Brent Daniels, Harry Himmelberg, James Peatling
FF: Toby Greene, Jesse Hogan, Toby Bedford
RR: Matt Flynn, Tom Green, Stephen Coniglio

Interchange: Ryan Angwin, Aaron Cadman, Callum Brown, Xavier O’Halloran

In: Tom Green, Toby Bedford, Callum Brown
Out: Sam Taylor (hamstring), Callan Ward (suspension), Harry Rowston (omitted)

Emergencies: Josh Fahey, Jake Riccardi, Harry Rowston, Cameron Fleeton
What are the chances of Fahey debuting? Would think they would have promoted it widely if so, especially with this being a Derby?

Does Callum Brown get the job on Papley? He might have the speed and flexibility - plus some extra height to combat him.
I’d say so.

Although Taylor is out that is looking like the type of side Kingsley has been trying to put together since he took over.

Good users through the middle mixed a forward line full of speed on top of a few guys to bring it to ground.

Swans have killed us with outside run in recent years which shouldn’t be the case this time

It going to be very wet with 30mm in the forecast, so happy with the smalls to come in.
Brown likely to get the job on Papley due to his electric speed.
Buckley will likely get duties on the flog. Phill will be great to help him with all the tips on how to beat him.

Can’t wait for Toby Bedford to get some games together, he and Daniels will bring high pressure inside 50, can’t wait to see that!! Fahey a bit stiff.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Liking the shape that our team is slowly taking. Having two wingmen is good… although I’d prefer a right and left footer. I reckon we can match their run now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would love to see Hogan kick a bag… he’s on the cusp, and could have a big game with their undersized backs.

JACK Buckley, meet Lance Franklin.

With Greater Western Sydney missing its All-Australian full-back Sam Taylor and regular 'Buddy' opponent Phil Davis for Saturday's Sydney Derby, unheralded Buckley is the man set to line up on the Swans' superstar. After missing 18 months with a ruptured anterior cruciate ligament, the 25-year-old has started 2023 in cracking form as a key pillar of the Giants' defence.

SYDNEY DERBY Get your tickets to Swans v Giants NOW

And on Saturday, coach Adam Kingsley will give the 23-gamer one of the AFL's ultimate tests. "He's got the tools to be able to compete with Buddy," Kingsley said ahead of his team's captain's run at the SCG on Friday. "He's got great speed and competes in the aerial (contests). "It's a little bit about their mix up front, who are the other key forwards playing there, what does the balance look like for us? We won't just be set match-ups, it'll depend on what they're doing."

Be great to get a win over them, need to bounce back.

Think if we play like we did against the Lions we will belt them.

That’s some lovely optimism.

But I can’t help share it…

Looking forward to watching it live. That 2021 win at the SCG (Kelly’s goal with 90 seconds to go) was an absolutely phenomenal game to be at the ground for.

Two midfielders on the verge of taking the AFL by storm will come face to face in the Sydney derby, with Tom Green and Chad Warner both making impressive starts to their fourth seasons. Green will return for the Giants after missing the loss to Brisbane through suspension and said he relished the challenge of facing the Swans’ midfield, including the dynamic Warner. Taken in the same draft, the two young guns are both already fan favourites, but Green said their similarities as players did not go further than their curly hair. “(Warner) is just so explosive; I wish I had his explosion away from the contest. He has quick feet and he’s so damaging getting the ball going forward, his impact per possession is often really, really impressive,” he said.

The 22-year-old is excited to be joined in the team by former Demon Toby Bedford, who will make his club debut after overcoming a serious hamstring injury. “He’s such a valuable addition in terms of his speed and the attributes he brings to the team; pressure is what he bases his game on,” Green said. “He’s become a really great mate of mine and I’m really excited to run out alongside him for the first time. I can’t wait to see how he’s going to contribute for us.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back