Preview Opening Round 2024, GWS Giants vs Collingwood, Saturday March 9, 7.30pm AEST, Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

On the measure of crowds and broadcast, the AFL has scored a short-term win: the league says GWS’ game against competition giant Collingwood has all but sold out (just 500 standing room tickets left on Wednesday night), with a crowd of more than 21,000 expected, albeit an estimated 60 per cent of the crowd are likely to wear black and white.

One of the biggest clubs of any code will multigenerational support after they’ve just won a flag against the newest in frontier territory.
60/40 is hardly a loss.

Opening Round

GIANTS v Collingwood
Saturday, March 9 at 7:30pm
ENGIE Stadium (formerly GIANTS Stadium) | Wangal Country

FB: Harry Himmelberg, Sam Taylor, Connor Idun
HB: Lachie Whitfield, Jack Buckley, Lachie Ash
C: Xavier O'Halloran, Josh Kelly, Jacob Wehr
HF: Brent Daniels, Jake Riccardi, Toby Bedford
FF: Toby Greene, Jesse Hogan, Callum Brown
RR: Kieren Briggs, Stephen Coniglio, Tom Green

Interchange: Callan Ward, Harvey Thomas, Nick Haynes, Toby McMullin, Aaron Cadman

Emergencies: Lachlan Keeffe, Ryan Angwin, James Peatling

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Mosquito Fleet to run the Pies off their feet.

Or else, and more likely, Daniels not 100% guaranteed.
Muff is listed as 1cm taller than both TFG and Cogs so I suppose he could be a bigger Mozzie...I think he's in because of form and versatility. He'll be a tricky match up and I can see him starting on the bench.

Getting more than the usual publicity from News Ltd for the opening round match. Kingsley thinks the expected conditions will give us an edge - can’t wait for the match!

Kingsley said the slippery conditions expected at the renamed Engie Stadium would favour his side, which was used to training in high humidity.

“It was noticeably quite slippery, the ball was on the ground a lot – we took a bit out of that, we’ll expect the same thing on Saturday night, so I think we’ll be well prepared for that,” he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back