Autopsy Round 1 2024 - GWS Giants v North Melbourne, 4.35 pm Saturday 16 March @ ENGIE Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering we will have 45,000 to our game today, and we have been financially solvent for a long time.
Not bad. St Kilda are in debt to the VFL, a bit like you lot.
I'm just stating the obvious, you should be pulling bigger crowds considering your onfield exploits.
You shouldn’t be sooking and whining in other clubs boards.
Have some class.

I think that unlike other years we were not complacent in preparing for this game, but it was almost a case of trying too hard or trying to be perfect. We blew a few goals in looking for someone in a better position, apart from being inaccurate in kicking at goal. As well, although speed provided opportunities to score, in trying to go fast we sometimes turned the ball over - so there's always going to be that risk/reward aspect of the gameplan. However, I'm sure that Kingers would prefer to keep the up-tempo game style. As long as we create opportunities and can out-score the opposition, it works.

Anyway, we're 2-0 including a win over the reigning premiers. The next test is West Coast at their home. If we can successfully get through that, we get a breather, go into Gather Round and take on the bulk of the first part of the season's H&A with a good record and presumably brimming with confidence.

Just need injuries & fitness to be on our side.:praying:

I think that unlike other years we were not complacent in preparing for this game, but it was almost a case of trying too hard or trying to be perfect. We blew a few goals in looking for someone in a better position, apart from being inaccurate in kicking at goal. As well, although speed provided opportunities to score, in trying to go fast we sometimes turned the ball over - so there's always going to be that risk/reward aspect of the gameplan. However, I'm sure that Kingers would prefer to keep the up-tempo game style. As long as we create opportunities and can out-score the opposition, it works.

We were up against a highly energised side who were learning a new game plan and one which we probably didn't get an opportunity to dissect as much. In parts this showed.

Given this, I was a little concerned our fortunes could flip on us. I didn't think we had it in the bag until final siren (not that I usually do).

I think Riccardi has been good in both games. He played a team game last week and kept Darcy Moore away from contests and was good early yesterday. The three talls are working well together so far.
A good comment.
11 goals through 3 tall forwards is a very nice outcome.
Riccardi will probably be the player asked to sacrifice his game to play specific roles.

I don’t think it’s about salary for hogan

He loves playing his football out of the media spotlight

However if he keeps kicking 5-6 a game, then that’s Coleman territory and welcome back to the media spotlight

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I thought he re-signed for 2 years last week?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A Giant wave of scoring​

Not surprisingly, Greater Western Sydney racked up all sorts of gawdy numbers in its win over North Melbourne. The Giants won by 'only' 39 points, scoring 91 from turnover, almost double the AFL average of 47. They scored 50 points from defensive 50 chains, more than three times the AFL average of 16, and they scored 30 points from defensive midfield chains, well in excess of the AFL average of 17.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back