Preview Round 1 2024 - GWS Giants v North Melbourne, 4.35 pm Saturday 16 March @ ENGIE Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lachlan McKirdy with Gerard and Whitey on SEN Sports day this evening mentioned if we can get to 10k-12k for this game. Didn't say that's the amount the club was expecting but I'd say there must be something in it if the number is being thrown about.
My club was gifted 40 tickets so you can see the club reaching out to try and increase numbers to create some atmosphere

There is a bit of hope in the NM fan base for the first time in a while so maybe some of them will turn up

My club was gifted 40 tickets so you can see the club reaching out to try and increase numbers to create some atmosphere

Fingers crossed a good amount attend that have been given free tickets.

Do we need to log in as a member to use the code?
No need, just pop in the offer code.

Click on this link to be taken to the Ticketmaster promo sale website which should then display the pricing for the 2 for 1 tickets and pop in the code to unlock the tickets - https://www.ticketmaster.com.au/eve...id=twoforone&dclid=CMSPk-zq7YQDFVsBgwMdJD8CSA

Last edited:

North Melbourne coach Alastair Clarkson has revealed the Kangaroos' selection committee has a "tough" few days to finalise their side for a Round 1 trip to Sydney's west, with a pair of debutants confirmed to play while two veteran defenders are no certainty of featuring.

Top four draft selections Colby McKercher and Zane Duursma haven't put a foot wrong since landing at Arden Street in November, with the teenaged duo set to face GWS this week. The club confirmed on Tuesday that both rookies will feature against the Giants to mark their maiden appearances at the top level.

The Kangaroos could be without both of their captains for their venture north, with Luke McDonald no certainty to play after a heavily interrupted pre-season. The father-son Roo has continued to build his workload in recent weeks as he eyes a return from a hamstring injury that has plagued his summer. Fellow skipper Jy Simpkin has already been ruled out of GWS clash due to concussion. While McDonald remains in the frame for a spot under Clarkson this week, the club won't risk the 29-year-old and could instead look to bring him back into the team for their Round 2 clash with Fremantle. Key defender Aidan Corr is in a similar position after suffering a severe ankle injury late last year, with the Roos to weigh up whether they afford the former Giants backman an extra week to aid his workload.

Lachlan McKirdy with Gerard and Whitey on SEN Sports day this evening mentioned if we can get to 10k-12k for this game. Didn't say that's the amount the club was expecting but I'd say there must be something in it if the number is being thrown about.
Our highest ever home crowd vs Norths was 10,211 in 2014. Hopefully we break that attendance record.

Our highest ever home crowd vs Norths was 10,211 in 2014. Hopefully we break that attendance record.
And that was at Manuka. Our highest at Giants Stadium is about 7,500 from memory.

Although we have a 5 win-7 loss (and 1 draw) result against Norths in our history, we have only played Norths 3 times in Giants Stadium (and once in Manuka).

Unfortunately, and surprisingly, we are yet to win a home game against Norths - either at Giants Stadium or at Manuka!

Time for that unhappy sordid history to be broken!

And that was at Manuka. Our highest at Giants Stadium is about 7,500 from memory.
Yes, you are 100% correct. That 10,211 home record was indeed at Manuka. The attendances for the 3 Norths games against us in Giants Stadium were 6,696 in 2012, 7,824 in 2015 and 350 during COVID infected 2020.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Although we have a 5 win-7 loss (and 1 draw) result against Norths in our history, we have only played Norths 3 times in Giants Stadium (and once in Manuka).

Unfortunately, and surprisingly, we are yet to win a home game against Norths - either at Giants Stadium or at Manuka!

Time for that unhappy sordid history to be broken!
Five wins, all away? Wouldn't have tipped that.

a Apparently all parking at homebush is sold out (not just P1)
Wow...

I wanted to buy parking for Opening round and Round 1 to get it out of the way and noticed P1 wasn't available for this weekend.

Lucky I bought P5 for this game at the same time I bought last week's parking.

It's all conspiring for a low crowd.

Got a bad feeling we'll be looking at 5000.

And that's being optimistic.

Edit: Colonial is spot on. Buses replace trains between Emu Plains and Blacktown both ways.
Don't think we'll get that low, but a 7k crowd would suck if the team is expecting 10k+.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back