Autopsy Round 1 2024 - GWS Giants v North Melbourne, 4.35 pm Saturday 16 March @ ENGIE Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

It was strange watching it live because we never looked like losing, but we didn't make enough of the chances and it created a muted sense of frustration in the crowd.
This is not the time of year to be playing our best - as long as the wins rack up.
Yes agree completely..keep winning and having no injuries is what is important

There's an obvious discrepancy between claimed membership numbers, and those who turn up on match day. AFL is very much a niche code in Sydney, and we're a niche within a niche.
Would you use your 3 game membership to see Norths with no parking, a Pink concert and iffy weather?
There's a lot of factors that go into choosing whether or not to drag yourself and/or your mates/family/children out of the house on a weekend.

As for rugby league, V'Landys has been looking overseas, because there's little prospect of meaningful growth in Australia. Hence the talk of a team from New Guinea, and making a play for the US market.
There's no hope of a new team sport breaking into the US. Not RL, not AFL. Happy for them to waste good money over there.
They are merely a curiosity. It's like expecting Gaelic football to take off here.

Would you use your 3 game membership to see Norths with no parking, a Pink concert and iffy weather?
There's a lot of factors that go into choosing whether or not to drag yourself and/or your mates/family/children out of the house on a weekend.
It would be handy to know the membership breakdown - Ultimate Giant, Silver Giant, Canberra etc.

Dang that was frustrating to watch. Sloppy kicks and hand passes - some going directly to the opposition.

Sometimes being too cute showing disrespect. Stick to the basics.

TFG - there's something not quite right. Could it be as simple as not getting enough sleep? Whatever it is, he's playing far below what we're used to.

Great to see Hogan kick a bag. Tom Green is well on his way to a Brownlow.

Cadman keeps improving. Flashes of brilliance. I do worry about him being used as a backup ruck.

Riccardi again is nearly there but never dominates. Again - not convinced of him being used as a ruck.

We cannot have XOH and Wehr in the side at the same time. XOH needs to be dropped - he is a liability.

Ash was hot & cold, like HH.

A game where it felt like we wouldn't lose but very disappointing that we didn't play anywhere near our best.

Apart from the game - the wait for the security check then to get tickets scanned was bluddy ridiculous. 15 minutes.

Australia Ave should have been open to allow those parked in P5 easier access.

It was better than previous years, but access to the ground during Easter Show setup can still be a lot better.

I thought your mob (the team and the broader club organisation) put on a good show today. Even tho it only looked like we were really in it for the first half, my 7 yo and I had a really nice day out, Goater injury aside.
Enjoy 2024, I’ll be shocked if you don’t go very deep in September.

I thought your mob (the team and the broader club organisation) put on a good show today. Even tho it only looked like we were really in it for the first half, my 7 yo and I had a really nice day out, Goater injury aside.
Enjoy 2024, I’ll be shocked if you don’t go very deep in September.
Thanks mate.

Much respect to your club and fans. Some great bursts there, can't deny the energy and I'll always encourage a competitive game, irrespective of side.

Will be keeping a close eye on your team and how they develop. All the best.

I thought today we looked like a terrific side that wasn't quite clicking.
So much quality ball movement that just didn't quite connect in the end.
North will be better than people think.
Those kids are good..

He deserves at least the salary of Himmelberg in my view. I wonder if Hogan resigning and Cadman developing well with Brown means Riccardi could be traded.

I don’t think it’s about salary for hogan

He loves playing his football out of the media spotlight

However if he keeps kicking 5-6 a game, then that’s Coleman territory and welcome back to the media spotlight

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was a bit of frustrating game to watch, but in the end we got everything I was hoping for. 4 points and no injuries.

We were clearly the better side but were just untidy at key moments. Our disposal chains kept coming unstuck and our goal kicking had been cleaner we could've actually ended up with that 30 goal number that had been thrown around pre-game.

All in all I think it was a good run for our boys. Between this game, the Eagles and the bye it's a good training which should hopefully see us on 3-0 and set us up for the rest of the season. A couple of players really under-performed (Wehr and XOH) but I can't see any changes being made. Personally I'd prefer Haynes starting over Wehr and maybe Darcy Jones might come in at some point, but we'll see. I feel like Wehr and XOH will be given the chance to improve on their mistakes. Probably no changes before next week.

On the subject of the crowd, I think 8,000 isn't bad considering all the factors on the day. The parking being full, the weather and most of all the fact that we were playing bloody Norths. It was hard for even me to get excited about going to that game. The real test for crowd numbers will be when we get back to Giants Stadium in round 10 to face the Bulldogs.

Well played Giant's. Think most of us picked a margin under 40 points as a small win for us considering where we are and where we've been.

Just make sure you put the the BIG V clubs to the sword when given the chance. You're good to watch 👍
Lots to be excited for at the Roos with those young fellas.
All the best for the rest of the year.

On the subject of the crowd, I think 8,000 isn't bad considering all the factors on the day. The parking being full, the weather and most of all the fact that we were playing bloody Norths. It was hard for even me to get excited about going to that game. The real test for crowd numbers will be when we get back to Giants Stadium in round 10 to face the Bulldogs.
The vibe was great, particularly towards the end once the crowd got vocal and if we want people to keep coming back then that's what we should be aiming for in all games, irrespective of who we are playing

What’s it like going for the St Kilda of the west?

Considering we will have 45,000 to our game today, and we have been financially solvent for a long time.
Not bad. St Kilda are in debt to the VFL, a bit like you lot.
I'm just stating the obvious, you should be pulling bigger crowds considering your onfield exploits.

I think Riccardi has been good in both games. He played a team game last week and kept Darcy Moore away from contests and was good early yesterday. The three talls are working well together so far.

Considering we will have 45,000 to our game today, and we have been financially solvent for a long time.
Not bad. St Kilda are in debt to the VFL, a bit like you lot.
I'm just stating the obvious, you should be pulling bigger crowds considering your onfield exploits.
Yes must be hard being in a footy mad state that ensures your financial status but then being so unsuccessful on the park.

I get your anger mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back