Preview 2023 Round 7 – Sydney Swans vs GWS Giants, Saturday, April 29, 2.10PM AEST, SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah yes, I remember that game very well! Brilliant day that it was.
My old seats. The first row that didn't get (too) wet. Everyone bolted in front of me, so all of a sudden I had front row seats to our sheer demolition of the Swans in the second half. ******* magnificent. :D

And that was after fearing the omens - walking in to the stadium, hearing the Swans' song "shake down the thunder from the sky" as the storm clouds gathered...

Luke Parker has destroyed us several times in these corresponding matches.
Our gamestyle really suited him and he took full advantage.
It’ll be interesting to see if he has the same level of influence with our different style now.

I’d play Brown on Papley. He is a super athlete and did a fantastic job on a similar player (weightman) recently.

The other player we need to keep in check is the lizard. He generates so much run and drive for them.

They've been hit super hard by injuries especially down back and the midfield probably has underperformed a little bit compared to what it reached towards the end of last year, think we're a chance if we play like we did last week.

Today of all days with the rain currently pouring down, I DO NOT want to see the fancy no-look handpasses and general lairising.

It's going to be hard going so it has to be a back to basics kind of game.

With our notorious problems with soft tissue injuries, I'll be pleased and somewhat surprised if we get out of this game unscathed.

Giants by 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back