Competitions 2023 SuperCoach/Fantasy questions thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you guys reckon Ridley could be an option in fantasy this season? Scored like the Ridley of old on the weekend

i'm having doubts, which is why i jumped on here
so many teams all looking the same, just trying to find a few POD, i've also got Ridley (2% ownership)
His effectiveness doesn't translate into stats quite yet. His disposal rate is really low and he didn't mark around the field as well last year as he did in 2021.

A lot of development left to go.

i'm having doubts, which is why i jumped on here
so many teams all looking the same, just trying to find a few POD, i've also got Ridley (2% ownership)

On the ruck line I'd guess that Marshall / R'OB / English / Darcy are the ones to pick from, Gawn went well on the weekend but kicked 3 goals which he obviously won't do every week.

For EFC I'd take a stab that Ridley / McGrath / Merrett all look fantasy relevant, Parish might be if he doesn't spend the season off a HFF or sooking it up avoiding the ball, plus Setterfield as a cash-generating midpricer and Alwyn Davey Jnr / Tsatas as rookies throughout the season.

Do you guys reckon Ridley could be an option in fantasy this season? Scored like the Ridley of old on the weekend

I think so, looks to be back playing that intercept role and as an outlet kick from defence, with better pressure up field from some small forwards it'll mean he can go back to playing a more unaccountable role.

Plus given EFC won't be a great side, he's no risk of attracting a defensive forward tag.

On the ruck line I'd guess that Marshall / R'OB / English / Darcy are the ones to pick from, Gawn went well on the weekend but kicked 3 goals which he obviously won't do every week.

For EFC I'd take a stab that Ridley / McGrath / Merrett all look fantasy relevant, Parish might be if he doesn't spend the season off a HFF or sooking it up avoiding the ball, plus Setterfield as a cash-generating midpricer and Alwyn Davey Jnr / Tsatas as rookies throughout the season.
yep, looking to go back to the set & forget for the ruck.. just wanted that extra cash for the midfield.. currently have Laird, Brayshaw, Oliver, Bont & Green

yep, looking to go back to the set & forget for the ruck.. just wanted that extra cash for the midfield.. currently have Laird, Brayshaw, Oliver, Bont & Green

I wouldn't take Bont in RDT / AF scoring personally, his ceiling isn't as good as some of the others. He's a great SC player though because his impact is so high. Someone like Titch or Treloar might save some cash and get similar (or higher) scores.

I'm also pretty tempted by Gulden after his efforts over the weekend.

I wouldn't take Bont in RDT / AF scoring personally, his ceiling isn't as good as some of the others. He's a great SC player though because his impact is so high. Someone like Titch or Treloar might save some cash and get similar (or higher) scores.

I'm also pretty tempted by Gulden after his efforts over the weekend.
dropping Bont to Worpel as we speak to upgrade Draper.. will be kicking myself if the big fella has a ripper of a year :laughing:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well that's what i've got him down for, and i'd take it.. he's priced in the 60's..

Don't think it's enough of a jump to be worth the trades to then have to get one of the high end rucks in, you'd need to find a few hundred k and be bleeding 20 - 30 points a week until you made the trade

Maybe.

Ridley, Redman and McGrath is a lot of mouths to feed and there’s only so many points to go around.

Ridley is by far the best of the 3 but unfortunately in the past that has meant he has played more of a lockdown role that the others can’t hope to play.

If you believe he will maintain this role then I’d say go for it. Good risk/reward payoff.

In terms of EFC relevance for Supercoach Classic.

DEF: Ridley: Uber Premium if freed up as intercepting defender and main ball user

McGrath: DPP. Will see a lot of ball in essendons defence this year and tends to kick better off halfback when he can seagul to players not under pressure.

Redman: trap. Only relevant if he gets Ridleys role.

Mid
Will Stetterfield: 348k mid will be a top3 mid playing inside as Essendon desperately need his production. Should make you 150k and be 1 trade to a premium or a 3/2 candidate.

Nick Cox: currently a 200k mid. Reached close to 400k his rookie year so that’s 150k upside, has been training at CHB so should get DPP and managed some big scores his rookie year when he saw the ball

Elijah Tsatas: was lighting it up preseason before he got hurt. Injury + lots of wings on the team hurt his chances of consistent minutes vs playing onball in the VFL. Has a chance to be the 3rd wing. Watch list.

Davey: On everyone’s radar. Should be in most sides.

FWD: Jye Menzie: 154k unfortunate price jump as that’s a lot of money for a SF on a bottom side. Has shown ability to get goals and should make you money. Probably better options out there.

Archie Perkins: 315k: getting more mid time but probably won’t do enough with it to make money required. Would avoid.

Patrick Voss: 123k big body shown some real heart in preseason. Watch in case of injury. Could get a run as he fills a need. Probably a year away.

Ruck: Sam Draper: not good enough to maintain consistent premium scoring this year. If you think you want to take a chance on him I’d still start with 2 premo rucks and correct down to Draper if he looks good week 3

Nick Bryan: is this the year he starts to put it together? Probably not. More likely to do it next year at another club when Essendon stupidly trade him away.

In terms of EFC relevance for Supercoach Classic.

DEF: Ridley: Uber Premium if freed up as intercepting defender and main ball user

McGrath: DPP. Will see a lot of ball in essendons defence this year and tends to kick better off halfback when he can seagul to players not under pressure.

Redman: trap. Only relevant if he gets Ridleys role.

Mid
Will Stetterfield: 348k mid will be a top3 mid playing inside as Essendon desperately need his production. Should make you 150k and be 1 trade to a premium or a 3/2 candidate.

Nick Cox: currently a 200k mid. Reached close to 400k his rookie year so that’s 150k upside, has been training at CHB so should get DPP and managed some big scores his rookie year when he saw the ball

Elijah Tsatas: was lighting it up preseason before he got hurt. Injury + lots of wings on the team hurt his chances of consistent minutes vs playing onball in the VFL. Has a chance to be the 3rd wing. Watch list.

Davey: On everyone’s radar. Should be in most sides.

FWD: Jye Menzie: 154k unfortunate price jump as that’s a lot of money for a SF on a bottom side. Has shown ability to get goals and should make you money. Probably better options out there.

Archie Perkins: 315k: getting more mid time but probably won’t do enough with it to make money required. Would avoid.

Patrick Voss: 123k big body shown some real heart in preseason. Watch in case of injury. Could get a run as he fills a need. Probably a year away.

Ruck: Sam Draper: not good enough to maintain consistent premium scoring this year. If you think you want to take a chance on him I’d still start with 2 premo rucks and correct down to Draper if he looks good week 3

Nick Bryan: is this the year he starts to put it together? Probably not. More likely to do it next year at another club when Essendon stupidly trade him away.
To not pick Draper is the conservative mindset that will bring you a miserable mediocrity, and is a sensible choice, no doubt, for those aiming to finish in the top 10,000. I say, ‘embrace the mulleted madman and reap the monetary benefits of a glorious victory’.

To not pick Draper is the conservative mindset that will bring you a miserable mediocrity, and is a sensible choice, no doubt, for those aiming to finish in the top 10,000. I say, ‘embrace the mulleted madman and reap the monetary benefits of a glorious victory’.

I love a good risk (Max Gawn is my R1) but I don’t think Draper represents a good risk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back