2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Cmon, Curtin nearly missed his hand with the handball, it was s**t. He just coughed up another goal then through a bad handball and giving up the ball too easily. He's devoid on confidence atm, I am sure that will return eventually.
Am definitely curious as to why his confidence is down. Averaging 20 touches a game at SANFL before today.

Pretty good start I would have thought. Would have been interesting to see how he'd be right now if Nicks backed him.

On motorola edge 30 pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'll put that down to an issue with development and not being able to identify the right position for a player.

SANFL should allow the players to play with some more freedom. Training will set them up for all the structures and what not they need for AFL game day.

Sog developed into a pretty good mid.

Rachele is starting to as well.

Plus Rankine, came here as a forward. No midfield time at GC. Now on the cusp of elite mids.

Dawson, after convincing Nicks to try it, has developed into an A grade mid after 5 plus years at HB with Sydney.

Get the talent in, they do develop in our system.

I am not saying this to defend Nicks. Posted earlier today I don't think he is the coach to take us further.

But he has a point, if he is critical of our drafting. It is bad, particularly for mids.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sog developed into a pretty good mid.

Rachele is starting to as well.

Plus Rankine, came here as a forward. No midfield time at GC. Now on the cusp of elite mids.

Dawson, after convincing Nicks to try it, has developed into an A grade mid after 5 plus years at HB with Sydney.

Get the talent in, they do develop in our system.

I am not saying this to defend Nicks. Posted earlier today I don't think he is the coach to take us further.

But he has a point, if he is critical of our drafting. It is bad, particularly for mids.

Any of these guys start off in the back pocket ?

When people talk about shortening quarters why don't they mention about the stoppage after stoppage we keep seeing which is making the game go longer.
Stoppages are key for modern coaches.

Allows a reset and run their set plays. Coaches want this.

Like a snap in Gridiron.

Curtin generally looks really comfortable playing the ball. The off the ball stuff is pretty rough.
Yep get him around the ball as much as possible.

He is a midfielder.

Play him wing/HB now to learn his craft then midfield next year

AFL level of course.

Yep get him around the ball as much as possible.

He is a midfielder.

Play him wing/HB now to learn his craft then midfield next year

AFL level of course.

Definitely don't think he would be anywhere near ready for midfield next year. Absolutely no defensive work at all, feels like he just stops half the time when his opponent picks up the ball. And not much better with aerial contests.

Not quite sure where the best position to play him is honestly, would love if he could be an intercepting defender but he needs to be able to defend for that. Hopefully he can improve his play off the ball this year as he definitely looks great with ball in hand.

Definitely don't think he would be anywhere near ready for midfield next year. Absolutely no defensive work at all, feels like he just stops half the time when his opponent picks up the ball. And not much better with aerial contests.

Not quite sure where the best position to play him is honestly, would love if he could be an intercepting defender but he needs to be able to defend for that. Hopefully he can improve his play off the ball this year as he definitely looks great with ball in hand.
Keep him on wing a bit longer.

Basically Jones role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wish the club would communicate with the fans just a little bit with their intentions with him. We'd be able to read between the lines.

They see him as a Key Defender.

Had the perfect chance to let him play the less physical defensive and more attacking role with Worrell out. Get some ball in hand and play an intercept role.

Instead, FB in the SANFL. 19 year old kid slugging it out against men with very little help around him.

They see him as a Key Defender.

Had the perfect chance to let him play the less physical defensive and more attacking role with Worrell out. Get some ball in hand and play an intercept role.

Instead, FB in the SANFL. 19 year old kid slugging it out against men with very little help around him.

We dont have a lot of tall players and I genuinely think he walked in and Nicks saw him immediately as a key defender. Screw the reasons as to why we drafted him. In my view it would have been like drafting Rankine and making him play back pocket in the Sanfl to work on his defensive game.

I genuinely think this could be the straw that gets Nicks sacked. Why? Hamish and Co did not fight tooth and nail to draft Curtin, only for him to play deep defence in the Sanfl and be thrown to the wolves in the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back